+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: Commercial you love, commercial you hate

Regarding the vague prescription drug ads you all were mentioning, if an advertiser promotes a drug and describes what it's for and it's benefits, the advertiser must also disclose side effects and contraindications. These are called "fair balance" regulations. "Reminder" ads that only mention the drug's name are exempt from "fair balance" regulations. Pharmaceutical companies use the reminder ads to circumvent the "fair balance" regs and downplay the negative aspects of the drug.

Some drug advertisements, such as one for Allegra, were removed because the content of the commercial (a woman strolling through a wheat field without sneezing) made it easy to decipher what the drug was for (allergies) but the ad didn't mention side effects.

Probably more than you all wanted to know, but figured I'd share.

I love the Coors Light commercial about "Wingman". Cracks me up everytime. Doesn't make me want to drink Coors Light though.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Best: HP Photosmart photo printer commercials.
    Worst: any Donald Trump commercial.
    "I was ionized, but I'm OK now", Buckaroo Banzai

Best: The Raisin Nut Crunch cereal commercial were "Johnson" can't hear that he's fired, because of the crunching of the cereal. The newest one were the boss is dancing because he believes "Johnson" is gone cracks me up.

Worst: Cheesy lawyer commercials "Have you been injured in an accident? Blah, blah, blah blah blah." :phhht
    Quitting smoking is easy, I've done it many times (Mark Twain)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Favorite Commercials: 2 of them: Any AFLAC commercial and the new Quizno's commercials with the talking Baby Bob

Least favorite commercial: Can't remember what its for but it has something to do with "odors during that time of the month" and some lady is going up to other women in the "feminine aid" section and asking them if they are worried about odors..........HELLO!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112