+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Commercial you love, commercial you hate

Um, never seen that one, Ducky.

I really hate all the Volkswagen commercials.

That's the Bubba commercial. It's Molson and annoying as hell.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Propogating the canadian image of a beer drinking lout who only watches hockey. Terrible
    I don't drink beer..
    The one I like may only be in this area . Its just pics of dogs tails wagging. Its for a cellphone co.The tails wagging always make me smile.

I drink beer... and watch hockey.

But I'm not fat and I don't play an organ.

Originally posted by Modesty
    Monkey with cold - :nono - don't like when they dress up animals.

A commercial that I actuall think is pretty funny is the one with a bunch of guys with beer bellies watching TV. Then one of the guys goes to the bathroom, and when he returns he asks the host "how do you keep your toilet so clean?". And the host says he uses this cleaning tissue, it's really wonderful.... "now if I could only get my wife to use it too!". And they all laugh at that - like "yeah - that would take a small miracle" or something. Sorry I can't describe it better, but anyway I find it very funny!
    Modesty, You left out the best part of the commercial. One of the guys goes to set down his drink and the host says, "Woah!, Coaster Chief!".

Princess
    Ahh! Thanks Feif! I tried to remember it, and I knew it was funny, but I just couldn't recal!

FORT Fanatic
    Modesty, you are so right re: animals in clothing, lol! I keep telling my friend the same thing - she likes to make jackets for her labrodor retreivers.

I do admit that the monkey in the Kia commercial is funny - have you guys seen that one? The employees are doing a bunch of Xmas hoopla, and there is one guy holding a monkey. The manager comes out and tells them to stop so they stop dancing and playing music, but the monkey is looking around with its mouth wide open, looking really manic. It's hilarious. I don't think they intended that to happen, but I think it's a funny little detail.

It seems to me that good commercials are kind of rare these days. Or maybe I am just a grownup now. I didn't have a TV between ages 20-26, so maybe I broke the advertisers' hypnotic thrall! I'd like to think so, anyway. Of course, I am making up for lost time now, stuck in this horrible place(that I will not name).

There was a Sears commercial that they ran not too long ago, & the couple was looking at TV's. The man says to the woman something like "if we get the smaller one, we'll wish we'd gotten the bigger one" & she gives him this look like "whatever" Then it flashes to the same couple looking at jewelry (rings? I can't remember for sure) & she says "if we get the smaller one, we'll wish we'd gotten the bigger one" HAHAHA! I thought it was great that she used his own philosophy against him!

There are a million commercials that I hate ~ AFLACK is annoying as hell, as are the Old Navy commercials. I have to agree with y'all on the Herbal Essence commercials as probably being the worst. They're enough to make me NOT want to use their product! Believe me, if I thought I could get that much pleasure from shampooing my hair, I'd never leave the house.

BTW, I also think the monkey is cute!

I also used to really get a kick out of the Little Ceasar's commercials. Anyone remember those? And there was a really funny one for this company called Smart Beep (pagers, so that tells you how long ago it was)
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I like the ones that (I think are for Budweiser) that say "True Story" Those are usually pretty funny.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I love all the AXE Effect commercials.

I hate the commercial for some anti-diarrhea medication which has a middle-aged guy in a hot tub with two hot young chippies and a tag line that goes something like: "When will your diarrhea medicine run out?" For some reason, they show this one all the bloddy time!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

+ Reply to Thread