+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Commercial you love, commercial you hate

Originally posted by Bill_in_PDX
    I am enjoying seeing the Dr Pepper "not as good as the original" commercials coming back.

The Hudson River Dance group was a riot.
    My husband has the best laugh everytime that Hudson Riverdance commercial comes on.

I usually don't watch commercials - you would be amazed how much housework you can get done in an evenings worth of commercials - but, I saw part of one last night. I don't know what product it was for (beer maybe) but it had something to do with electric dog collars, the end of it shows this girl getting shocked. Cracked me up. I have been wanting something like that for my son. You all know how it is when your child is misbehaving and you want to pinch the ***t out of them but it just isn't appropriate and you can't leave the room. A little jolt would sure get their attention!

Commercial I hate: A long time ago I saw a commercial for some car company that showed death (guy in robe with scythe)frolicking around this field. I was appalled!
    Watch out, It's a stampede!

OH MY GOD

IF I SEE THIS FUCKING BUBBA COMMERCIAL ONE MORE TIME SOMEONE IS GOING TO DIE

LG.
    I'm not familiar with the "Bubba" commercial, but think it might be worth locating just to see Ducky blow a gasket.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

The "ooh, fajitas" commercials are pretty annoying.

I don't know if they were national, regional, or just local, but Kia was running some commercials during the Christmas season that were just plain stupid...

FORT Fanatic
    I liked the one with Death cavorting in a field - when he picks up the little baby bird and puts it nicely back in its nest. I thought it was clever. Then again, I dislike the monkey with a cold thing; I think it's annoying! Apparently I am alone here in my taste in commercials, lol!

Any commercial involving a dumpy fat guy with a beautiful wife is also on my Worst list; i.e. the one with the guy trying to get the ketchup onto his fries - he just sits there waiting until his thin, pretty wife comes in and shows him how to use the ketchup squeeze bottle. What is this saying, "our product is for really stupid lazy people?" Also domestic beer commercials annoy me - why would anyone want to be like the losers they feature in those commercials(who coincidentally always have thin, gorgeous girlfriends)? People can't possibly be this gullible.... However, I liked the original Corona "change your latitude" ones.

Wow, apparently I can go on forever about commercials that I hate. I won't though...

I dislike the Monkey with a Cold too, Jill - you're not alone!

There are always many more commercials we hate than ones we love. I wonder why.

Glad you found your way over here from the Survivor forum, Jill!

Princess
    Monkey with cold - :nono - don't like when they dress up animals.

A commercial that I actuall think is pretty funny is the one with a bunch of guys with beer bellies watching TV. Then one of the guys goes to the bathroom, and when he returns he asks the host "how do you keep your toilet so clean?". And the host says he uses this cleaning tissue, it's really wonderful.... "now if I could only get my wife to use it too!". And they all laugh at that - like "yeah - that would take a small miracle" or something. Sorry I can't describe it better, but anyway I find it very funny!

"Guys, look what the neighbours threw out!"

Dum dum dum da da!

"Beer beer beer bubba a beer beer beer beer beer Oh when we get together its me and all the lads and everyone remembers all the fun we had its when we get together that we shout and cheer this calls for a bubba a beer!"

ARGH. Shut up. I hate that commercial.

+ Reply to Thread