+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves

Re: Pet Peeves

My pet peeve is when sales people lick their finger before reaching for a bag to put your merchandise in and then proceed to touch everything purchased with that finger. Since they don't consider their customers health and well being, wish they'd at least consider their own and just how dirty the money is that they handle with that same finger they're licking over and over and over again - EWWWWWWWWW!!!
    Last edited by lilybear; 01-12-2011 at 06:38 PM.

FORT Fogey

Lilybear -- WOW! Where did you find this thread? Thanks for resurrecting it.

My pet peeve is my next door neighbor's son who plays his music so loud you can hear it through closed windows and the heat droning.

FORT Fogey

This one just drives me nuts: people who discuss incredibly personal things in bound to be overheard voices in public places, so that you end up inadvertantly eavesdropping, even when you really, really don't want to be doing that.

Yesterday, in the gym, not ten feet away from me, this woman was going on at length about her last visit to the urologist and the effects aging has on the bladder and the vagina. She kept stressing that too many women were too embarrassed to discuss such things, but she was not. Well, bully for her, but I didn't want to hear about it shortly after breakfast. Or ever, really. It's like because she was talking to the woman next to her, she thought no one else could hear her, when clearly the whole gym could, because it echoes terribly in there. I mean, I don't even know this woman's name. I sure don't need to know the specifics of her medical exams.

People who don't clean the heavy snow off their cars before going out on the highway.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4148292;
    People who don't clean the heavy snow off their cars before going out on the highway.
    Yes! Yesterday I got stuck on the highway behind an open trailer with about four inches of snow on it. Given the wind, it was like driving behind a mini-blizzard.

FORT Fogey

People who don't turn on their car headlights at dusk. What is it with the mentality that "I can see you; sorry if you can't see me"?????

I do a lot of driving on 2 lane, winding, hilly, country roads. Getting caught behind a bicyclist is sheer torture. They will NOT pull onto the shoulder to let you pass. They will Not turn into a driveway to let the long line of cars pass. More than once I have been close to a head on collision with another car because the other car is going uphill behind a rude bicyclist and gets impatient and tries to pass when they can't see if there is oncoming traffic. I have noticed that the fancier the bike and riding outfit, the ruder the cyclist.

The cyclists don't seem to care that people are driving on those roads because they need to get somewhere, unlike the bike people who are riding for fun or exerise.

They make me NUTS!!!!

FORT Fogey

One of my pet peeves are the motorcyclists who weave in and out between cars going at a breakneck speed. Scares the h--- out of me.

I know what you are saying, CMD. On that interstate that is close to you those motorcyclists seem especially aggressive.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe;4148663;
    I know what you are saying, CMD. On that interstate that is close to you those motorcyclists seem especially aggressive.

I've also seen some of them wreaking havoc on the B/W Parkway after coming out of BWI Airport.

Peeve: people who never take in their trash cans for a whole week.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast