+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves

MRD

Re: Pet Peeves

I have met men named Marion, Carroll, Vivian, Frances, Ashley, Leslie, Dana and Gale (usually the male form of the name is spelled differently as in the case of Marion/Marian and Carroll/Carol.
    Most of those were typically older names more poplular in the 19th and early 20th centuries.

My peeve today is my husband's friend/ business partner. He is annoying the poop out of me and he is a constant complainer. He makes Eeyore look like a member of the Optimist Club.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Too funny myrosiedog!

My pet peeve is when someone is poking in traffic going 10 mph below the speed limit and when they finally turn, not only do they not tell you they are turning, but they take an eternity to turn...

My peeve for today is the fact that I have horrible insomnia and last night was a night that could have cared less if I took a sleeping pill or not. I just sat there waiting for it to kick in and it never did!
    Yup, with donuts!!

My peeve today is society capitalizing on people's pain. I was listening to a station on Sirius in my car one evening this week and the male deejay said something like: "Are you a woman who has been abused and beat up in your life? If so, call us up and tell us about the worst time you ever got your a$$ beat!" WTH!?!?!? Do we seriously live in a world where this is an acceptable thing to ask of women who have been through a traumatic and completely appalling experience!? I know they try to bring this kind of stuff regularly into trashy daytime talk shows, but it doesn't make it okay to use people's pain to make the big bucks. The way he phrased the "invitation" just made it that much worse. I was completely disgusted.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3140523;
    My peeve today is society capitalizing on people's pain. I was listening to a station on Sirius in my car one evening this week and the male deejay said something like: "Are you a woman who has been abused and beat up in your life? If so, call us up and tell us about the worst time you ever got your a$$ beat!" WTH!?!?!? Do we seriously live in a world where this is an acceptable thing to ask of women who have been through a traumatic and completely appalling experience!? I know they try to bring this kind of stuff regularly into trashy daytime talk shows, but it doesn't make it okay to use people's pain to make the big bucks. The way he phrased the "invitation" just made it that much worse. I was completely disgusted.
    That's appalling.....I hate to ask but, how many women actually called in?

My pet peeve lately is the insensitivity of people in general. People who don't respond to or even acknowledge e-mails. Friendship is a two-way street and you can't always be on the receiving end without giving back. :nono
    CYA

Amen Bunny.

Today I'm peeved because my neighbor across the complex is talking so loudly on her phone I can hear every single word she says clearly. Do people really not know how loud they are?
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3141511;
    That's appalling.....I hate to ask but, how many women actually called in?
    I don't know! We got to our destination before the conversation continued... in retrospect part of me is curious how the deejays would have handled it - they definitely could have mitigated it a bit ("oh that's tragic" response) or they could have made it much much worse ("what did you do to deserve that" response).

I hate that they act as though they care (deejays and others) but once the caller is off the line they may fun of them. I would hope that they would leave a number for them to call once they get off the line to get some help.
    Yup, with donuts!!

My peeve today is passive-aggressive people. My neighbor happens to be one of them.

A few years ago she agreed that I could trim back a tree-like shrub by her house because she is afraid of my dogs (for no real reason, they are perfectly nice just large dogs). Anyway, I cut them back this year because they were practically touching my deck. I even left some of the stuff overhanging our property which was taller than myself and my husband, I really just want to be able to get through to mow our lawn yard. I had to do substantial work to get this thing manageable, scraped the heck out of my arms, and had to enlist my sons to help drag all of the trimmed branches to the out-lot beyond our property.
    Anyway, a few weeks later I was back on that side of my house spraying for ants and found notes posted on both of our properties telling me not to cut her bushes!! She apparently felt that posting NOTES was more appropriate than coming by and talking to me in person!! I am infuriated at the moment, but at some point I am going to have to keep my calm and talk to her TO HER FACE about the fact that she told me this was okay and if she does not want me to do it, she is going to have to do it herself - which would be better for me anyway, since I wouldn't have to do all the work!!!!

I think I'm done ranting now...

My peeve today is how many people do not train their co-workers of standard procedures. I am so tired of continually having to repeat everything to different people who should know!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast