+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who were you in Highschool???

So I accidently stumbled across my senior yearbook last night, and I thumbed through it. On one of the picture pages there was this note written on the pic of this really cute tennis player I dated a few times back then.

It said, "I love you forever Bill!" I felt like a piece of crap because I didn't remember her name and had to look it up.

*hangs head in shame
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Bill! I was looking at mine last weekend, too, and I saw a note from someone that said, "Don't forget to send me that postcard!" Uh...what?!?
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Don't forget to show your kids your yearbook pic, Paulie. Speaking from personal experience, I find it enjoyable to see what my parents looked like when they were younger. It's especially good if you had a unique hairstyle or popular attire from that time period (the '80's, right?).

Seeing my mom in her sophmore year picture was so weird. I can't imagine her being my age.

The coolest thing I've seen on those lines Mdrio is my father's basketball games on movie tape. He was MVP of basketball for Oregon his senior year in HS, and my grandma had a bunch of the games on film. So cool to see your dad look young, skinny, and chasing cheerleaders during timeouts!

Go dad!
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.

Bill, rummaging through your closet going, "Where is that damn yearbook" isn't accidentally stumbling across it.

Originally posted by duckgirl
    Bill, rummaging through your closet going, "Where is that damn yearbook" isn't accidentally stumbling across it.
    LOL

Busted again!

tash, your image is safe with me! It's possible to be a good student and still have friends and still be artsy and possibly even a superhero who saves the world
    Thanks for reassuring me, Shayla. Those at school who don't really know me think I have my nose in books 24/7, and when they finally get to know me better, they're shocked when they find out that I actually go online, hang out on weekends, etc. People have this fixed idea that people who get good grades spend all of their free time studying; it's just comical really!

Brooding Artist

Laughing in homeroom, crying in third period, brooding at lunchtime. It's nothing serious just part of the act for a brooding artist like yourself. Whether it's acting, painting, writing, or interpretive dance, your channels of expression might have made you a little "different" in high school. But today it's these differences that separate your talent from all those wannabe "creatives" out there.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    brooding artist

not even close!!!! can't draw a straight line with my hand in a vise and the pencil drug along side a ruler, can't play anything but the radio.

I was the audio visual aid. took the projecters and movies to the classrooms, ran off the ditto papers, all that old stuff they don't do today.listen to aerosmithe before they bacame popular. stuff like that.

funny, when i went to my 10 and 20something reunions, how many like to come up and say hi even though I never hung out with most of them in school. like alot of the walls came down later in life.

Originally posted by Shayla
    apt, dorks are cool

And being "sparkling" is a beautiful quality and not "butt-ugly" at all. I don't think I had much of a personality for most of high school, actually. I had the sense of humor of mold. You're fortunate to have had fun. Keep sparkling.
    What a sweet thing to say! Thanks Shayla! Maybe the class of '91 got it right...

I don't think I'm the only one here who's sparkling!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast