+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who were you in Highschool???

You know, every "popular" person from my high school days that I've spoken to since, felt like they were the nerdy one.

I, of course, thought I was the nerd - but others thought I was the hub of popularity... Where were all of them when I had no one to sit with at the basketball games??

:

popular kid?!?! me?!?!

Cher - I sympathize - I took this and felt as if I was more nerdy than popular... but they didn't have a category for the "not bitchy popular but did every stupid activity and was friendly" category.

Amna, you were a Popular Kid

hehehe

Brooding artist... this one actually hit pretty close to home:

Brooding Artist

Laughing in homeroom, crying in third period, brooding at lunchtime. It's nothing serious just part of the act for a brooding artist like yourself. Whether it's acting, painting, writing, or interpretive dance, your channels of expression might have made you a little "different" in high school. But today it's these differences that separate your talent from all those wannabe "creatives" out there.

Lots of high schoolers felt sorry for the kid who sat alone in the corner when they weren't picking on them, that is. Little did they know it was the best seat in the house for observing the absurdity of high school. The same insight that you had back then just might help make you famous some day (if it hasn't already). So revel in your high school roots and be careful when you're cleaning out the garage. With your talents, those old notebook doodles might end up being worth a fortune.
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

I was also a "Brooding Artist"
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

you were a Teacher's Pet

"Excuse me, I think you forgot to give us homework." Being the teacher's pet probably didn't win you any popularity contests (outside of the faculty lounge, that is). But so what? You weren't being graded by your fellow students. These days, your attention to detail and the ability to read a situation are part of what make you successful. No one knows the rules better than you; and no one knows better how to grease the palms that make those rules run in your favor.
    You mean, just because I had a crush on my physics teacher and got straight A's? That can't be true!!!!! *sigh* I'm a rebel, dammit! No wait...the rebellious phase came later.

I hated high school so much; I couldn't wait for it to be over. Actually, my hatred for school started in jr. high.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I'm not out of high school...yet...and I can't wait to! But, if I had to place myself, I'd say...hmmm...I'm not a nerd cuz there are people way more nerdy than me. I care about grades and stuff though. I'm not looked down on by the more popular people, but I just don't associate with them. I'm just kind of in the middle.

You need to overhaul those other nerdy people, Mike. The nerdier you are, the more money you'll make later.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Ha! This is probably not too far from the truth!

I was friends with the popular crew, the smart crew, the shy crew, but I was also asked by my algebra and history teachers to be their student teaching asst for elective credit!

You were a Teacher's Pet

"Excuse me, I think you forgot to give us homework." Being the teacher's pet probably didn't win you any popularity contests (outside of the faculty lounge, that is). But so what? You weren't being graded by your fellow students. These days, your attention to detail and the ability to read a situation are part of what make you successful. No one knows the rules better than you; and no one knows better how to grease the palms that make those rules run in your favor. Read more about who you were in high school...
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast