+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: Would You Believe...

Re: Would You Believe...

Would you believe I, for one, can understand your reluctance, but at the same time, I think you and your pooch deserve to be recognized for all of your hard work, as do the rights of wheelchair patients, so this is a story that needs to be told?!

Would you believe, I went back to that thread about Tilden's volunteer problem several times hoping for an update?

FORT Fogey

Would you believe every time I go back to the for animal lovers page someone else's cat or dog has died and there are a whole series of posts about it, and I don't want to jump into what appears to be a canine or feline wake to talk about this issue (and I intend no disrespect to those whose lost a beloved pet, because I know how that feels, but it's gotten to the point where I don't even like going to that thread, because it's so depressing)?

Would you believe that you shouldn't feel reluctant to post? You will find a lot of supportive people there.

Would you believe that I totally agree with Tilden and I wish there were a subthread for pet bad news?

Would you believe that you can post whatever you want on there?

FORT Fogey

Would you believe I think people should be able to post whatever they want on the animal lovers thread but that I can also understand why a rainbow bridge type subheading might be a good idea, so that no one has to feel as if they are intruding upon someone's grief and the support being offered them because they have something to say/ask about a pet/animal that is unrelated to that (and that it can be discouraging/depressing, if you have an older/infirm pet to go to an animal lovers thread expecting general conversation and wander into extended discussions of grief? I really want there to be a place for people to have those discussions, because I think it's important, but I'd also like to be able to stay out of them if I want to talk/read about something else relating to pets)?

Would you believe, I agree with Tilden 100%. We are all sad, sometimes devestated when a beloved pet dies...but pages and pages of condolences...scheesch!

Would you believe I understand Tilden's position because I feel similarly about the Talk About Your Troubles area - I wish to read the posts and contribute my support there, but often I shy away because the depth of the medical conversations make me a bit uncomfortable?

Would you believe I have never been to the animal lovers forum?

+ Reply to Thread