+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 474 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: Would You Believe...

Re: Would You Believe...

Would you believe that I'm totally floored by the last 3 posts? Wow!
    For Real?? Don't make me look like a "Doofus" & feel like a dumb blonde. I can't deal with that!
    Are Ya'll serious?

FORT Fanatic

I'm with you BoBo but need to add...Would you believe that my cousin's wife was a recurring character on Friends?

BoBo, I can't speak for the others (although I have heard Anderson Cooper is gay...) But if I were Amber, I'd swear on my child I was telling the truth. Since I would never swear on my child, you'll just have to take my word for it. Mike Tyson is one strange cookie!! I lived in Vegas from about '85 to '92 and I was a bit of a wild child (have calmed down considerably ). I was in a club called Tramps with a group of friends and Mike and his "entourage" came in. We all ended up back at his hotel where there were quite a few people and a party going on (although since it was a suite at the Fairfield Inn, off the strip, I'm not sure that's where he was really staying). I was a good girl and spent most of the time talking with his bodyguard, but one of my friends....Well, I'll leave it there, but I felt kinda sorry for the guy, because he really didn't do much thinking or decision making for himself, and seemed like he needed constant reassurance. I left there feeling like he really did not have it all together upstairs...

And Bewty...Very Cool!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;2593664;
    BoBo, I can't speak for the others (although I have heard Anderson Cooper is gay...) But if I were Amber, I'd swear on my child I was telling the truth. Since I would never swear on my child, you'll just have to take my word for it. Mike Tyson is one strange cookie!! I lived in Vegas from about '85 to '92 and I was a bit of a wild child (have calmed down considerably ). I was in a club called Tramps with a group of friends and Mike and his "entourage" came in. We all ended up back at his hotel where there were quite a few people and a party going on (although since it was a suite at the Fairfield Inn, off the strip, I'm not sure that's where he was really staying). I was a good girl and spent most of the time talking with his bodyguard, but one of my friends....Well, I'll leave it there, but I felt kinda sorry for the guy, because he really didn't do much thinking or decision making for himself, and seemed like he needed constant reassurance. I left there feeling like he really did not have it all together upstairs...

And Bewty...Very Cool!!!
    Oh I believe ya! That's amazing.

Would you believe I'm wearing long sleeves and I'm cold for a change?
    I love Fall.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Would you believe I've never drank a Snapple?

***yes, ashamed to admit it, but in 1982, Andy Griffith yelled at me...Sheriff Taylor...Opie's Dad...Aunt Bea's...well, you get it. It has scarred me for life. However, I'm pretty sure, after all these years, I've figured out a way to redeem myself. I just need Oprah Winfrey's help.

Bewty, I've seen every Friends, I know I've seen your cousin's wife.
    Katydyd, that is a cool story.! ***

FORT Fan

Would you believe James Taylor once let a door slam in my face?

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;2594859;
    Would you believe I've never drank a Snapple?

***yes, ashamed to admit it, but in 1982, Andy Griffith yelled at me...Sheriff Taylor...Opie's Dad...Aunt Bea's...well, you get it. It has scarred me for life. However, I'm pretty sure, after all these years, I've figured out a way to redeem myself. I just need Oprah Winfrey's help.

Katydyd, that is a cool story.! ***

lopevian, don't feel too bad, now that you mention it, I think I've heard somewhere he wasn't the nicest guy. That, or I'm confusing him with Bill Cosby, another father figure with a dark side Care to share the details, or will the telling dredge up too many traumatic memories ? Oh, almost forgot! You should give it a try and jump on the Snapple bandwagon. They're tasty!
    Last edited by Katydyd; 10-02-2007 at 04:46 PM.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;2594859;

You've definitely seen her Lopevian

Would you believe that I can tie a knot in a cherry stem with my tongue? Such wasted talent

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Wow, bewty! that sounds very difficult!

***katydyd, sorry I missed your post. It was in a physical therapy room at a hospital. At the same time I turned to look at him, he turned and looked at me. He started slamming his cane on the floor. He punctuated each whack of his cane with the words "stop...staring...at...me...dammit!".
    It was traumatic! I have an idea for a Rett Syndrome fund raiser. Julia Roberts is a major spokesperson for research, as her Godchild was a Rett's angel, and she is good friends with Oprah. Oprah's all-time favorite TV show is "The Andy Griffith Show". I hope to convey to Oprah, humorously, how awful it's been all these years, living with the shame of having Sheriff Andy scold me, and that I've found a way to redeem myself. The idea I have is a good one, a "slam dunk" win/win. I'm hopeful that this fund raising idea will become a reality.***

Would you believe I tried a Snapple Fruit Punch, and it was delicious!
    Last edited by lopevian; 10-24-2007 at 03:59 PM.

Would you believe that Tony Burrows sang the lead vocals on all of these songs and all for different groups?

Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes) - Edison Lighthouse
    Beach Baby - First Class
    United We Stand - The Brotherhood Of Man
    Gimme Dat Ding - The Pipkins
    My Baby Loves Lovin' - White Plains

+ Reply to Thread