+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 474 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: Would You Believe...

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Re: Would You Believe...

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;3459741;
    Would you believe I finally got my long-awaited email from my Nigerian prince? After all this waiting, I knew he'd come through!!
    Well, you know the email scams for money coming from a prince in Nigeria claiming if the recipient pay a "small fee" so they can get their b'gillion dollar inheritance locked up in the US? Well, these guys are getting really clever.

I was reading the City Weekly (our weekly independent, left-wing propoganda newspaper ) - and I saw an ad where he was looking for someone to adopt his Yorkie. I used to have a Yorkie - I really loved Bogart and miss him terribly, so I emailed the guy.

He answered my email by telling me he and his wife were on a Christian mission in Africa - and the heat was making the Yorkie miserable. He said he had a "connection" in the US who could oversee the transaction. All I had to do was pay the airfare, and send him all of my personal information.

How many red flags can you see in this story?

So finally, my prince has arrived.

Would you believe Kris Allen won American Idol?

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;3462043;
    Well, you know the email scams for money coming from a prince in Nigeria claiming if the recipient pay a "small fee" so they can get their b'gillion dollar inheritance locked up in the US? Well, these guys are getting really clever.

I was reading the City Weekly (our weekly independent, left-wing propoganda newspaper ) - and I saw an ad where he was looking for someone to adopt his Yorkie. I used to have a Yorkie - I really loved Bogart and miss him terribly, so I emailed the guy.

He answered my email by telling me he and his wife were on a Christian mission in Africa - and the heat was making the Yorkie miserable. He said he had a "connection" in the US who could oversee the transaction. All I had to do was pay the airfare, and send him all of my personal information.

How many red flags can you see in this story?

So finally, my prince has arrived.
    Would you believe that I was hoping for a good romance story?

That is so terrible how people do that kind of stuff. I used to work for a fraud department at a bank and you would not believe the number of people who actually fall for those scams! It follows them for the rest of their life! I'm so glad you didn't
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Would you believe my kids have been waiting all year to vacation in Orlando with their grandparents ... and it's been raining ever since they got there on Sunday?

Just visiting this planet nanaslbkp's Avatar

I am so sorry for them, rgw! What a disappointment!

Would you believe that Bill Gates original name for Microsoft was 'Traf-O-Data'?
    Glad he went with Microsoft!

Would you believe I'm still optimistic about my business, despite the recession?

Would you believe that I had mustard on a hot dog for the first time ever today?

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3462115;
    Would you believe that I was hoping for a good romance story?

That is so terrible how people do that kind of stuff. I used to work for a fraud department at a bank and you would not believe the number of people who actually fall for those scams! It follows them for the rest of their life! I'm so glad you didn't

Would you believe I thought it was a love story, Cali! Are you trying to tell me I shouldn't have sent my life savings, personal banking information and social security number to this guy? *sigh*

(Would you believe I've been told my sarcasm does not translate well on line at times - so as a warning to all who read this - I was just being silly. But I really did get that email.)

J.D.-
    Would you believe that I am going to send you my entire life savings, title to my car, and the key to my bank lock box if you send me your address, ssn, and birth certificate??
    j/k!!! (I can do that sarcasm thing pretty damn well myself J.D.)

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3463419;
    J.D.-
    Would you believe that I am going to send you my entire life savings, title to my car, and the key to my bank lock box if you send me your address, ssn, and birth certificate??
    j/k!!! (I can do that sarcasm thing pretty damn well myself J.D.)
    Would you believe you have that sarcasm thing down pretty well? I think you've been practicing!

+ Reply to Thread