+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: Would You Believe...

Re: Would You Believe...

Would you believe that I feel much compassion for you, rgw, and that there is a "How Are Your Neighbors" thread here?
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Would you believe that we had a woodpecker who was relentless (he caused several of our trees to die in fact) but we stunned him, and boxed him, and relocated him?

Would you believe that I love woodpeckers and talk to them (generic name: Woody)? (sorry about your trees, BB, I love trees, too)
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Would you believe that I am impressed with your solution, BB, and have never known anyone until now that has relocated a wp?

Would you believe we have a cedar shake shingled home so I am frequently seen clapping at Woody?

Would you believe that you can take 2 long, thin strips of wood, hold the ends together in one hand and clap them? (read this long time ago about repelling grackles, and experimented recently just because I had 2 such pieces of wood, no grackles, knock on wood)

Would you believe that I know the aluminum pie tin trick does no good, so I will be happy to try your suggestion Velvet?!

Would you believe installing a mirror outside might deter some critters, or so I have heard?

Would you believe that some people set up shotguns to scare off birds and there must be a better way, and I'm wondering if the plastic owls (or even old-fashioned scarecrows) work?

Would you believe I own one of those plastic owls?

+ Reply to Thread