+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Game -guess title

Oops! Sorry! I was actually laughing when I posted that. Guess I should have put the winking smiley next to the tsk tsk smiley. My bad. I'm actually smacking myself in the head now if that helps.
    As for the sad state of today's music, I personally blame MTV. Songs used to be about the MUSIC, and any visuals were inside your own head. Now you don't need to be particularly musically talented as long as you can produce a sexy video.
    Back to topic, any guesses on "and the operator says 40 cents more for the next 3 minutes"? It's from the 70's. (Natch!)
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Back to topic, any guesses on "and the operator says 40 cents more for the next 3 minutes"? It's from the 70's. (Natch!)
    I am actually racking my brain to answer that one...i can hear the lyrics in my head...maybe another small hint?

If you're hearing it in your head, do it in a monotone. All the notes in that line are the same I think. And the group had a medical sounding name.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Fogey
    If you're hearing it in your head, do it in a monotone. All the notes in that line are the same I think. And the group had a medical sounding name.
    Of course...Dr. Hook's song "Sylvia's Mother"

OK - here is an easy one. From about the same time period in AM Top 40 Radio

From back in the day when girls in their late teens and/or early twenties really wrote and sang poigniant lyrics.

"Remember those who win the game
    And lose the love they sought to gain
    In debonshires of quality
    And dubious integreties
    Thier small town eyes will gape at you
    In dull surprise when payment due
    Exceeds accounts received"
    Last edited by Daddio; 01-06-2004 at 05:48 PM.

Oh I love that song! Janis Ian - At 17.
    (reminisces for a moment....I learned the truth at 17, that love was meant for beauty queens......ahem)
    Back to reality. Let's regress to the 60's: "All of my friends at school grew up and settled down. And they mortgaged up their lives. One thing's not said too much, but I think it's true - they just get married 'cause there's nothing else to do."

Don't you people live in the now? I am way too young to know these songs. Now that I am done bragging ...I have no clue.

Hint: They're really famous! Everybody's heard of them no matter how young you are. Of course they have a zillion songs and this is only one of them. Maybe we should have a special music thread for us dinosaurs. I can never guess any of the lyrics to the newer stuff because I stopped listening in about 1986!

Sixties too early for you Daddio? Or are you just bored with this game? If no one guesses my song by the end of the day, I'll post the answer and turn the thread back over to the young'uns.

FORT Fogey
    Sixties too early for you Daddio? Or are you just bored with this game? If no one guesses my song by the end of the day, I'll post the answer and turn the thread back over to the young'uns.
    Hi Qboots. I am NEVER bored with this game. LOL

I usually sing on to the FORT while at work. Today I have it open but I am very busy and havent posted much. So it may look like I am here when i necc aint.

Anywho...I am stumped...I cant think of this one. And no, the 60's are fine...i can prob do anything from the late 50's (Buddy Hollyish) to present.

That's The Stones - Sittin on a Fence
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. Douglas Adams
    Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast. Douglas Adams

+ Reply to Thread