+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 227 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171121 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: The TV Show game

Name 10 Shows which lasted 3 seasons or longer for which good arguments
    could be made that they NEVER jumped the Shark.

1. Scrubs
    2. The Simpsons
    3. Night Court
    4. Everybody Loves Raymond
    5. Barney Miller (168 episodes and it never failed... it even survived losing Abe Vigoda to a badly considered spinoff, that's how solid the core show was
    6. Farscape (Ended FAR too soon!)
    7. South Park (assuming you can stand the show in the first place, its never changed its core values or been significantly changed by its success....)

The above is a controversial choice, I know, because you have to like the show in the first place (and some people virulently hate it) to agree with the notion that somehow, after 11 years the creators are still doing their thing in the same spirit, and with the same originality and cleverness that they always did. If you hate the show, you won't care its the same as it always was... you'll simply think it was always bad.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

1. Scrubs
    2. The Simpsons
    3. Night Court
    5. Barney Miller (168 episodes and it never failed... it even survived losing Abe Vigoda to a badly considered spinoff, that's how solid the core show was
    7. South Park (assuming you can stand the show in the first place, its never changed its core values or been significantly changed by its success....)
    8. The Rockford Files
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

1. Scrubs
    2. The Simpsons
    3. Night Court
    7. Seinfeld (This show hit it's peak in the last couple of seasons for me...and the last episode cannot count as a shark jump)
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

1. Scrubs
    2. The Simpsons
    3. Night Court
    7. Seinfeld (This show hit it's peak in the last couple of seasons for me...and the last episode cannot count as a shark jump)
    8. St. Elsewhere
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

The above is actually ten, since a few appeared to have been dropped (I suspect muggle didn't see a new page and used the list from the previous page, which ended with Farscape. South Park and Rockford Files makes the ten count)...

So lets try a new topic:

20 Shows With "Breakout" characters (characters who were originally intended to be minor ones who became the most popular ones on the show... include the name of the character, of course.

1. Happy Days - Fonzie. Yes, as iconic as he became he WAS originally intended to be very peripheral.

20 Shows With "Breakout" characters (characters who were originally intended to be minor ones who became the most popular ones on the show... include the name of the character, of course.

1. Happy Days - Fonzie. Yes, as iconic as he became he WAS originally intended to be very peripheral.
    2. Grey's Anotomy - Addison. Since she was only to guest on 3 shows, and shes getting her own spin off after 2 seasons.. I'd say shes made an impact.

2. Grey's Anatomy - Addison. Since she was only to guest on 3 shows, and shes getting her own spin off after 2 seasons.. I'd say shes made an impact.
    3. Cheers-Frasier Crane (IMO)

2. Grey's Anatomy - Addison. Since she was only to guest on 3 shows, and shes getting her own spin off after 2 seasons.. I'd say shes made an impact.
    3. Cheers-Frasier Crane (IMO)
    4. Night Court - Bull Shannon

3. Cheers - Frasier Crane (IMO)
    5. Family Matters - Urkel (even if ya' hate him, you have to admit he became the main focus for the show... given that he was originally just the "pesky neighbor" character, he definitely fits our criteria)

3. Cheers - Frasier Crane (IMO)
    5. Family Matters - Urkel (even if ya' hate him, you have to admit he became the main focus for the show... given that he was originally just the "pesky neighbor" character, he definitely fits our criteria)
    6. Soap - Benson, he did get his own show after all

+ Reply to Thread