+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 227 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: The TV Show game

10 TV shows that are spin offs from other shows (bonus points if you can name the show it was spun from as well)

1. 704 Hauser, the least well known spinoff of "All in the Family". Another family moves into Archie's old house (note the address and the show title are the same) and are the reverse scenario from the Bunkers--super-liberal parents and a super-conservative son.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

10 TV shows that are spin offs from other shows (bonus points if you can name the show it was spun from as well)

1. 704 Hauser, the least well known spinoff of "All in the Family". Another family moves into Archie's old house (note the address and the show title are the same) and are the reverse scenario from the Bunkers--super-liberal parents and a super-conservative son.
    2. The Parkers - A spinoff from Moesha

3. A Different World- A spinoff from The Cosby Show
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    4. The Facts of Life - Spun off of Diff'rent Strokes
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

5. The Hills - Spinoff of Laguna Beach

6. Green Acres. Which was a spin-off of Petticoat Junction. Which was ALREADY a spinoff of The Beverly Hillbillies!

6. Green Acres. Which was a spin-off of Petticoat Junction. Which was ALREADY a spinoff of The Beverly Hillbillies!
    7. Happy Days - Spinoff from an episode of Love American Style
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    8. (twofer) Mork & Mindy and Laverne & Shirley - spinoffs from Happy Days
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

We appear to keep losing the topic.

9. This has to be a record holder for layers.
    Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C., which was a spinoff of The Andy Griffith Show. Which most people don't realize was actually a spinoff of The Danny Thomas Show. Which was already a successor/renaming of Make Room For Daddy [I don't know if it counts as a spinoff if the show is renamed and repurposed--the same thing happened with I Love Lucy and The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour].

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

9. This has to be a record holder for layers.
    Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C., which was a spinoff of The Andy Griffith Show. Which most people don't realize was actually a spinoff of The Danny Thomas Show. Which was already a successor/renaming of Make Room For Daddy [I don't know if it counts as a spinoff if the show is renamed and repurposed--the same thing happened with I Love Lucy and The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour].
    10. Three's a Crowd - spinoff from Three's Company
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

+ Reply to Thread