+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 227 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868118 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: The TV Show game

Name 10 TV shows that have had an actor on them that went on to be nominated for or won an Oscar (name the show & actor, bonus points for the character name)

1. As The World Turns - Marisa Tomei (Marcy)
    2. The Addams Family - Jodie Foster (Pugsley)
    3. Knot's Landing - Alec Baldwin (Joshua)
    4. Mad About you - Helen Hunt (Jamie)
    5. Beverly Hills 90210 - Hilary Swank (Carly Reynolds)
    6. Gidget and The Flying Nun-Sally Field
    7. American Idol - Jennifer Hudson
    8. Living Dolls - Halle Berry (Emily Franklin)

Was Lisa Kudrow nominated for an Oscar?
    I think I was mistaken...so im gonna replace lisa with Jodie Foster who was a voice on the addams family cartoon lol

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Name 10 TV shows that have had an actor on them that went on to be nominated for or won an Oscar (name the show & actor, bonus points for the character name)

9. 21 Jump Street - Johnny Depp (Tom Hanson)
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

9. 21 Jump Street - Johnny Depp (Tom Hanson)
    10. In Living Color - Jamie Foxx (Ray Charles - won) & almost Jim Carrey (should have been nominated for Man on the Moon and The Truman Show after winning Golden Globes for both). However, JLo and Rosie Perez don't belong on this list.

Name 10 TV Shows that debatably "jumped the shark" before ending. Bonus point for naming the "shark" moment.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

Name 10 TV Shows that debatably "jumped the shark" before ending. Bonus point for naming the "shark" moment.
    1. Happy Days (Fonzie jumped the shark (hey we had to have this one))

I'm not sure the term should be "debatably", since that implies doubt, but this is a good topic.

2. The Brady Bunch (another old show almost as iconic as Happy Days for an exact moment where it became obvious the show was done for--the infamous introduction of "Cousin Oliver").

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

2. The Brady Bunch (another old show almost as iconic as Happy Days for an exact moment where it became obvious the show was done for--the infamous introduction of "Cousin Oliver").
    3. Grey's Anatomy (when Meredith fell in the water and "died" recently, she must have jumped over a small shark in Seattle -- I haven't watched it since. This one could be debatable, Krom).
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

3. Grey's Anatomy (when Meredith fell in the water and "died" recently, she must have jumped over a small shark in Seattle -- I haven't watched it since. This one could be debatable, Krom).
    4. Grownig Pains (Birth of Chrissy)
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

muggle, I guess my point was that the truly iconic shark jumping moments don't need to be debated. I mean the "Cousin Oliver" one (like the Fonzie waterski incident) is a case where simply saying the phrase "Cousin Oliver" is enough to send a certain image of decay.

But I guess its true that not all shark jumping moments are that clear.

4. Growing Pains (Birth of Chrissy)
    5. Mork & Mindy (Mork and Mindy--a "couple" which worked best because Mork didn't truly understand human sexuality--fall in love and get married. There was also specifically one terrible episode where Mork took Mindy to vacation on Planet Ork.)

5. Mork & Mindy (Mork and Mindy--a "couple" which worked best because Mork didn't truly understand human sexuality--fall in love and get married. There was also specifically one terrible episode where Mork took Mindy to vacation on Planet Ork.)
    6. Married With Children (When Ted Ted McGinley -as with all shows hes 'joined'- Joined the Cast)

6. Married With Children (When Ted Ted McGinley -as with all shows hes 'joined'- Joined the Cast)
    7. 24 (24 had a lot of "almost jumping" moments over the years--starting as early as Kim and her stupid Mountain Lion, but the place where the show completely and permanently came off the rails forever was when they revealed that Jack's family was responsible for every bad thing which ever happened. Anywhere.)

+ Reply to Thread