+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your cheese profile

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar

Your cheese profile

Find out your cheese profile here!
    http://www.ilovecheese.com/cheese_profiler.asp
    Adventure Seeker

Your life is all about your quest for excitement. You like to push the edge, test your skills and jump into endeavors head first. Your food preferences are adventurous and include ethnic dishes featuring bold, unique flavors. You are apt to choose cheeses that dare to defy the limits, like spicy Jalapeno Jack, smoked Gouda or an intensely flavored Gorgonzola.

But with over 200 varieties of domestic cheeses available, many adventures still await you at your local cheese counter. Next time you’re buying cheese, go for the bold and try Havarti enhanced with thyme, Camembert filled with herbs or a Dry Jack cheese variety.

Bold cheeses can be incorporated into any meal. For the thrillseeker in you, try topping thin ginger cookies with a spicy, piquant Gorgonzola or tangy blue cheese. Add a touch of honey for sweetness. Or next time you’re fixing dinner, dish out plates layered with grilled vegetables, fresh mozzarella slices and basil leaves. Top it off with shards of Dry Jack cheese. When entertaining in-between adventures, serve a mouth-watering spread of roasted garlic, cow’s milk feta and chopped tomatoes. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and accompany with slices of Italian bread.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Your life is all about your quest for excitement. You like to push the edge, test your skills and jump into endeavors head first. Your food preferences are adventurous and include ethnic dishes featuring bold, unique flavors. You are apt to choose cheeses that dare to defy the limits, like spicy Jalapeno Jack, smoked Gouda or an intensely flavored Gorgonzola.

But with over 200 varieties of domestic cheeses available, many adventures still await you at your local cheese counter. Next time you’re buying cheese, go for the bold and try Havarti enhanced with thyme, Camembert filled with herbs or a Dry Jack cheese variety.

Bold cheeses can be incorporated into any meal. For the thrillseeker in you, try topping thin ginger cookies with a spicy, piquant Gorgonzola or tangy blue cheese. Add a touch of honey for sweetness. Or next time you’re fixing dinner, dish out plates layered with grilled vegetables, fresh mozzarella slices and basil leaves. Top it off with shards of Dry Jack cheese. When entertaining in-between adventures, serve a mouth-watering spread of roasted garlic, cow’s milk feta and chopped tomatoes. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and accompany with slices of Italian bread.

Hey, BF, we're cheese-compatible. Wink wink.

Haha! Well excellent John! Glad to see I'm in such good company!

I don't know why, but that web site just cracks me up!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)

Well, add me to y'alls little club. I got the same result as the two of you!
    Adventure Seeker

LG.
    ha, great quiz, Bravo, or should I say "grate" quiz. I'm a different cheese category:

The Trendsetter

You are among the first to identify and participate in the latest trends. You are always up on the hottest happenings, including the latest restaurant openings. Favorite meals include fusion foods and whatever is being served at the newest restaurant.Your cheese profile favors blue cheeses, Gruyère and Brie, which are often included in recipes at the best restaurants. But did you know that artisanal cheeses are currently at the forefront of culinary trends? These handmade, small-batch domestic cheeses run the gamut from simple favorites like Cheddar and mozzarella to more specialized varieties like Teleme. Keep up with this trend by asking your local cheese purveyor or maitre’d to recommend a few.

When you’re entertaining, start the evening with a trendy new appetizer. Serve Gorgonzola or blue cheese atop slices of yellow and red heirloom tomatoes*. Top with chopped herbs and drizzle with olive oil. Or, provide guests with a twist on a spicy, south-of-the-border favorite by preparing quesadillas with domestic Brie or Camembert and mangoes and pears. For a sweet dessert, dip whole strawberries in sweetened Mascarpone sprinkled with finely chopped pistachios.

* Heirloom tomatoes are an old-fashioned variety of tomato, mostly found at farmer’s markets or roadside stands. These tomatoes are often different in size, shape, color and texture, but don’t fall short on taste.
    I love all the cheeses mentioned in my description, but short of Swiss I really can't think of a cheese I don't love. Oh, and that bit about the tomatoes, I love those.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I'm going to have to give Havarti some real face time apparently!

LG, you and I have the very same cheese profile. I will not take up space posting it again.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Adventure Seeker

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

I'm an adventure seeker also :-) Although out of the cheeses that supposedly suit my profile, i think I truly like only a couple of them :-D hehe.
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast