+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your cheese profile

Heh heh... I always thought of myself as an adventruous kind of person, but the cheese test tells me otherwise. I doubt the results of this. 'cos I'm the only one in my family who loves to eat exotic cuisine and so on. Weird...

The Family Man

You are very family oriented and spend most of your time caring for loved ones. Whether it’s volleyball practice, playgroup or a family picnic, it seems you and your family are always on the go. Your favorite meals are quick, satisfying to the whole family and often include casseroles, lasagnas and pre-prepared dishes. When it comes to cheese, you tend to favor processed varieties, such as American cheese, that are easily incorporated into family fare.

I'm another "Trendsetter" which surprised me!
    Why doesn't it make sense? Because we're on the wrong side of the tapestry...

The Family Woman

You are very family oriented and spend most of your time caring for loved ones. Whether it’s volleyball practice, playgroup or a family picnic, it seems you and your family are always on the go. Your favorite meals are quick, satisfying to the whole family and often include casseroles, lasagnas and pre-prepared dishes. When it comes to cheese, you tend to favor processed varieties, such as American cheese, that are easily incorporated into family fare.

If you prefer to stick to what’s easy but crave some variety, try serving a delicious, on-the-go snacking alternative like string cheese. Pre-cubed Cheddar and Co-Jack cheeses are great on their own, but also serve as a perfect complement to any dish. Or, add a flavored variety of a favorite cheese, like Salsa Cheddar and Pesto Monterey Jack, into your repertoire.

If breakfast needs to be portable, stuff a warm tortilla with a thin omelet made with Colby cheese. When afternoon hunger pangs strike, American or Cheddar cheese slices sandwiched between apple wedges make a great midday snack. And when it’s your turn to be soccer mom or dad, bring the team bite-sized snacks-on-a-stick prepared by alternating pieces of fruit, such as grapes and pineapple chunks, with cubes of Cheddar, Swiss or Havarti.

I guess I am relatively cheese boring:

Back to Basics

You like to keep life simple and do not get caught up in the latest fads and trends. Favored fare includes standard American cuisine like mashed potatoes, pot roasts and chicken dishes. You also favor simple, no-frills cheese like Cheddar, provolone and Colby.

But did you know that there are over 200 varieties of domestic cheese to try? Next time you reach for the cheese, tickle your tastebuds by trying an offshoot of one of your favorites.

For instance, when you prepare macaroni and cheese, give it a quick boost by using an extra-sharp white Cheddar to intensify the flavor. Or, bring your next turkey sandwich to a new level by including some aged provolone. For a quick lunch, prepare an open-faced, broiled cheese sandwich with smoked Gouda and a slice of tomato. Or, reinvent an American standard – mashed potatoes – by adding a shredded smoked cheese, such as Asiago or Cheddar, for a tempting side dish.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Also a family man. Interesting quiz. Thanks.

Insert Funny "Quote" Here nofx242's Avatar
    Whats with this question?

6. What are your favorite leisure activities?
    Relaxing, quiet pastimes such as reading, taking long walks and fishing

Invigorating outdoor activities like hiking, white-water rafting and canoeing

New-age and trendy activities like kick-boxing, Web surfing and yoga

Family-oriented fun like attending Little League games, zoo outings and playing board games

Option #3 I dont see how web surfing would be lumped in with kick boxing and yoga nor would it be new age

Maybe they should have had web surfing, watching TV and movies

But good quiz

I'm surprised to find that I am a trendsetter. I would have thought the minivan would have put me over the edge into Family Woman.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

I'm an Adventure Seeker. Woo-hoo!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I'm an adventure seeker which I find hard to believe.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

FORT Fogey
    I demand a recount! I don't recall setting any trends, other than getting people to not curse around me... Not to mention the fact that all the recommended cheeses were soft cheeses, which I am not allowed to have...

The Trendsetter

You are among the first to identify and participate in the latest trends. You are always up on the hottest happenings, including the latest restaurant openings. Favorite meals include fusion foods and whatever is being served at the newest restaurant.Your cheese profile favors blue cheeses, Gruyère and Brie, which are often included in recipes at the best restaurants. But did you know that artisanal cheeses are currently at the forefront of culinary trends? These handmade, small-batch domestic cheeses run the gamut from simple favorites like Cheddar and mozzarella to more specialized varieties like Teleme. Keep up with this trend by asking your local cheese purveyor or maitre’d to recommend a few.

When you’re entertaining, start the evening with a trendy new appetizer. Serve Gorgonzola or blue cheese atop slices of yellow and red heirloom tomatoes*. Top with chopped herbs and drizzle with olive oil. Or, provide guests with a twist on a spicy, south-of-the-border favorite by preparing quesadillas with domestic Brie or Camembert and mangoes and pears. For a sweet dessert, dip whole strawberries in sweetened Mascarpone sprinkled with finely chopped pistachios.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast