+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Animal In You

The Animal In You

i can't remember if this quiz was posted on another message board or if i received it in an email. :

either way, i hope no one minds that i'm posting here...

WHAT ANIMAL ARE YOU?

http://www.animalinyou.com/survey.asp

i am a
    Swan

Description
    Throughout the ages, swans have been venerated for their elegant grace and gentle beauty. So it's little surprise that these personalities attract such admiration as they sail serenely through life. The swan's noble reputation is its greatest asset and it takes care to cultivate its image by always appearing calm in public. But things are very different just below the surface, for fueling the swan's elegant glide, is a high-energy paddling that consumes most of its emotional energy. While it's common for a bird personality to exhibit this kind of emotional volatility, it is particularly noticeable in the swan when contrasted with its tranquil exterior. Princess Diana was a swan, displaying both its grace and flighty characteristics.

Appearance is important to the swan who enjoys the finer things in life and it spares no expense in pampering itself. It would be a mistake to simply dismiss it as a fragile beauty though; for it is a well traveled, worldly bird who has seen the best and worst of the human condition. Its experiences have made it a well-rounded and worldly individual who can adapt to almost any career. It has no problem with taking direction from a boss and is always prepared to accept input from others.

Its career is well integrated into its life and it strives to find balance in its career and family life. Because swan personalities are often gangly and awkward as children, they have substantial experience in dealing with difficult people and are well equipped to handle conflicts in the workplace.

The swan swain is monogamous and mates for life. It brings an air of sophistication to its relationships and considers itself to be a connoisseur of sex -- willing to try anything at least once, provided it's in realm of good taste. These birds enjoy being pampered, and are willing to spoil their mates in return. If there is a weakness to its otherwise unflappable personality, it is in condoning its mate's boorish behavior, which is not always in the swan's best interests.

Famous Swans
    Princess Diana, Celine Dion, Nuryev, Grace Kelly, Winona Ryder.

Penguin
    Genera and species: Aptenodytes Patagonica
    Collective Term: A colony of penguins
    Description
    Now you see it, now you don't. Aggressive yet gentle, outgoing but shy, stable yet flighty -- everyone sees the penguin in a different way. It's that black and white thing -- the penguin only reveals the side that it wants to you to see. So, whether you like this darling-devil or not, you have to concede that it's a fascinating and enigmatic individual.

For penguins are birds condemned to live out their days on the ground. Unable to fly, their excess energy has no outlet save their creative talents and emotional outbursts. Penguins are poetic, artistic, and intellectually gifted, and as writers, penguins have no equal. But, if unable to channel their impulses in a positive way, the resulting turmoil proves damaging to their relationships and careers.
    theres more....

I did do this test before and was something else then... wierd
    Here I am in all my glory:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

hey cali,
    when you did the test before, did it say something like, "you are a penguin OR a duck OR a lion?"

i remember doing one that told me to choose the one i sounded most like...."okay, then just show me the entire list and i'll skip this quiz part."

however, in my list of 3 on that quiz, swan was a choice.

Yeah, I actually think Penguin was a choice last time, as was Owl and something else... this time I'm embarrases to tell you the other choices.... here's a clue to one of them:

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

did it actually give you choices again?!!?

it just flat out said, "Sher, you're a SWAN"

Maybe I really am schizophrenic, so it gave me one for each personality

maybe you are... these quizzes are NEVER wrong, you know!

It said I was a prairie dog or dog or . After reading the descriptions, I decided I'm a:

Prairie dog

Description
    If the words infectiously mischievous remind you of anyone, the chances are that you have a prairie dog in your life. Petite, attractive and intelligent, this creature's free time is spent in bucolic surroundings, playing socially bonding games with friends and family. But despite its insatiable curiosity, the prairie dog is cautious about venturing into the unknown and the conflict between its homebody tendencies and restless intellect defines its personality.

Like most insectivorous creatures, prairie dogs are wary of strangers and are anxious to turn them into allies. Even though it leaves an indelible mark on its community, only a handful of people ever claim to truly know a prairie dog. This subtle alienation distresses the gregarious prairie dog who suffers its periodic bouts of loneliness in silence

As letter writers, prairie dogs are without equal. Typical of the social animals, they are generous and unselfish with their time and find sharing to be a source of pleasure. Their personal lives are well organized and it confidently tackles life's challenges while building its successful career. Prarie dogs derive a great deal of pleasure from nature and return the favor by stepping lightly on the land by conscientiously recycling and encouraging their community to do the same. They spend most of their recreational time at play with close friends and avoid competitive sports that require physical contact. Instead, they prefer group activities that cement social bonding: like card and board games.

Prairie dogs love music and dancing. Outdoor concerts are a special treat, where they draw energy from the crowd under an open sky. They are also creative and enthusiastic lovers, taking pleasure in their partner's pleasure. They are not drawn to any physical type in particular, but seek lovers to whom they can connect on a spiritual level. So, it is with small woodland personalities -- cottontails, deer, and foxes -- that the prairie dog finds its natural balance. It is wont to take the art of lovemaking less seriously than one might expect; viewing sex as simply another opportunity to communicate This seemingly disinterested approach can disappoint a casual lover who expects something kinkier from this otherwise enthusiastic little creature.

Careers and Hobbies
    Social work Teaching
    Journalism Psychology

Dancing Cinema
    Reading Nature
    Gardening

Famous Prairie Dogs
    Gwyneth Paltrow, Helen Hunt, Julia Roberts, Rosie O'Donnell, Mary Tyler Moore, Julie Andrews

This is SO freaky, because that is SOOO me! WOW. Most of those test come out so wrong.

OK, I took the quiz and got a badger. I was like, I'm no fuckin badger! till I read it, and... it sounds like me.

Badger
    Genera and Species: Taxidea Taxus
    Collective Term: A cete of badgers
    Description
    Badgers are closely related to weasel personalities and share the same range as their cousins the skunks. What distinguishes them from their relatives is their extraordinary physical and emotional strength and tenacious approach to life's challenges. Good looking, small to medium sized individuals, they walk and talk as if they own the world, and their powerfully built bodies and dominating personalities back down for no one, not even the much larger personality of the lion. Confidently entering the territory of others -- woe betide anyone who blocks their path.

Like most carnivores, badgers stay in shape with regular physical activity and are well dressed and precisely groomed. They enjoy all sports, and their competitive natures drive them to the limits of their abilities. Because of their small size, they sometimes feel the need to assert yourself to gain the respect accorded the larger carnivores. Badgers do not appreciate unsolicited advice and can be quite rude to those trying to help, often alienating well-meaning acquaintances. Still, friends are drawn to their capable and protective qualities, relying on them to hold the group together.

As a hot-blooded mammal, the badger thrives on the excitement of new relationships and sexual conquests. But this incorrigible flirt and voracious lover is untraditional when it comes to matters of romance -- no roses and chocolates for this feisty character. To celebrate an anniversary, it's more likely to be found climbing a mountain than spending a quiet night at home. When a badger finally does settle down, it usually mates for life and proves to be a passionate and committed partner. Loyalty is important to the badger and it is quick to demand reciprocation; nothing is more unpleasant than dealing with a badger who feels cheated. However, partners who manage to accept their intense nature, will experience an exquisite and unrelenting love affair.

Communicating with a badger is often a one-way affair. Its love for debate takes precedence over its desire to really hear what its partner is saying and it tends to dominate discussions with its dogmatic speaking style. Because it will not abide criticism of its behavior, it can prove to be quite insensitive to its mate's emotional needs.
    And just so you don't think I'm some sort of monster who doesn't listen to a word Dylan says and ignores how he feels... he babbles bullshit and all he feels is "eat. have sex. now."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast