+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Animal In You

I'm a damn Shrew. OMG!! I knew that already. I was just in denial. I am in the same catagory as Leona Helmsley and Tammy Faye Baker. I am going to slit my throat now...............
    "People are strange, when you're a stranger" - Jim Morrison

I'm either a wild cat or a swan. I'm not sure which one I am yet. Interesting test, sher.

without taking the quizz (too tired) I'll take it tomorrow

I'd say I'm a bear. I hibernate til spring. Then I never want to go back in again.
    : )
    I love panthers. My favorite animal.
    I wanna take this now (whine) just too tired
    Niterz all

So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
    ~ Christina Aguilera

I'm either an eagle, a zebra or a rooster.

Famous Roosters
    PT Barnum, Dennis Rodman, The artist formerly known as Prince.

Famous Eagles
    Madonna, Brad Pitt, Ethan Hawke, Don Henley, Cher.

Famous Zebras
    Christopher Darden, Rudy Giuliani

Weird. I don't think I'm like any of these people at all!

Former Goth Girl becomes, appropriately, a BAT

This is a decidedly unconformist creature, for as an airborne personality, the bat tends to look down at the conventions of the ground animals. And yet, since it is not a true bird and having not mastered the art of smooth controlled flight, it often appears awkward in social situations. (Hence the term -- acting batty). But as compensation for this social ungainliness, many bat personalities sport a built-in radar, which enables them to intuitively read the motivations of others.

Identifying bat personalities is not difficult. Being nocturnal creatures [what times am I always posting! ], they come alive at night and can be spotted in underground clubs or dimly lit bars. They prefer the sanctuary of dark clothing and dark corners, and you'll never see a bat sporting a heavy tan. These are intelligent, spiritual, creative individuals who use their full range of senses (other than their poor eyesight) to carefully navigate their way through life.

Bats have a habit of flitting in and out of social situations, swooping down to interact briefly with others before quickly flying off to resume their bat lives. Unassertive and aloof, they'll take flight at the first hint of a confrontation to seek comfort in their personal spaces that are decorated in unusual but expressive ways. The bat's sixth sense gives it a number of advantages in its work, and its insightful nature enables it to understand others better than it understands itself.

In the romance department, bats are enamored with the idea of love more than they are with its colder realities. Decidedly untraditional, they are prone to flights of extraordinary fantasy -- and it's not the traditional Ken and Barbie type of romance that tickles its fancy either. It's the Bram Stoker kind: dark, moody and gothic.

Bat personalities have an enormous sense of loyalty and if you ever do a favor for a bat, it will never relax until it has paid you back. In fact, in nature, the bat is the only animal (other than man) to demonstrate true altruism when unrelated individuals will unselfishly offer food to a cave-mate without expectation anything in return. This powerful sense of quid pro quo is one of the defining characteristics of the bat personality and anyone should consider themselves lucky to be in a bat's good graces.

Careers and Hobbies
    Psychiatrist Artist
    Social Worker Archeologist
    Writer Musician
    Socializing Philosophy
    Clubbing Spelunking
    Okay, I'm happy with the result, it seems pretty accurate--but what in the world is "spelunking"?
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Re: Former Goth Girl becomes, appropriately, a BAT

Originally posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Okay, I'm happy with the result, it seems pretty accurate--but what in the world is "spelunking"?
    I believe that is the term used for people who explore caves for fun.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Sleeping with George W
    I'm a rooster.

Roosters are those talented, creative, but somewhat eccentric people who make life interesting for the rest of us. Their bird-like minds are always on the lookout for stimulation and roosters display the characteristically high-energy behavior of their species. They are artistic, creative, and sophisticated with a thorough knowledge of fine wines, cooking, writing, theater and painting. Subscribing to the early bird maxim, roosters rise a little earlier than their competition and could even be accused of having their fingers in too many pies. For the world is so fascinating to the rooster, that settling down into any one career would be impossibly constricting. Unfortunately, their earning potential can suffer in a competitive world that rewards specialization. But, roosters will succeed when they choose a career that presents a variety of challenges, such as medicine, publishing, journalism, or acting.

There's a touch of glamour in everything the rooster does -- for settling for less would be exasperating to the rooster's essence. Why take the train if you can fly? This philosophy pervades its personal life, for the rooster proves to be a perfectionist in the bedroom too. Of course, roosters are not above crowing a little, if they feel that their efforts have gone unnoticed. But in the long run, partners have few complaints holding their rooster lover in the highest regard as paramour.

Their ideal mates include peacocks who are attracted to their strong demeanor and flashy style. They are incorrigible flirts and although successful in attracting mates, their egos sometimes drive potential partners away. When sufficiently motivated by the right partner however, the rooster will generally find a way to make the relationship work.

As a parent, it is fussy and attentive. Like the proverbial brooding hen, it is involved with every aspect of its children's lives; including their dress and company they keep; some even accuse the rooster of being overprotective. Although its children might resent their parent's interference, they learn to appreciate their concerns as they mature. The more reserved animal personalities such as bats, bison and moles find them to be fussy and bossy, and snake and canine personalities should be studiously avoided.

A rooster will not be silent while there's breath in its body and although its powerful voice tends to be on the shrill side -- when it calls for action, everyone responds. Fuelled by resentment of their brazen style, these saucy birds hear a lot of unkind remarks from members of their own species and these barbs tear at their self-esteem. But when things look bleak, they stick to their guns, redouble their efforts, and live by the motto: if at first you don't suck seed, try drier grain.

Careers and Hobbies
    Broadcaster Insurance agent
    Medical Actor
    Editor Journalist

Eating out Socializing
    Shopping Music

Famous Roosters
    PT Barnum, Dennis Rodman, The artist formerly known as Prince.

Interestingly enough, I've worked in journalism and publishing all my life, I love eating out, shopping, socializing and music and I am happy to be compared to Prince (not so sure about Rodman though!)

Sheep or beaver here....damn sounds a lot better to be a beaver but the sheep is honestly more me. A few of my sheep attributes...

When confronted by obstacles, they hate to make decisions -- deferring instead to their partners or their religious leaders. While this may help the sheep maintain a superficial sense of well being, it leads to the loss of identity that typifies the sheep persona.

They are an enormously successful species and their ilk are well represented. A prime factor in their success is their ability to concentrate on resource acquisition and money-making. Preferring to let other animals perform the time-consuming jobs of philosophizing and defending the community, they quietly go about building their family.

Largely disinterested in politics -- viewing it as time taken from work -- they respect the law and never question authority.

Sheep are content to stand in the shadow of their mates and are willing to make sacrifices for the long-term good of the relationship. When problems crop up in their relationships, sheep tend to assume the role of victim and have trouble with confronting their partners directly. However, from their mate's point of view, the sheep is a wonderfully compliant partner whose quiet loyalty and sturdy body make for some wild and wooly nights.

The sheep's desire to avoid conflict is often the catalyst for discord. By avoiding confrontation and simply acquiescing to its partner's wishes, everyone's feelings are simply swept under the rug. Worse yet, this puts the sheep in the position of becoming an annoying martyr with a moral superiority complex.

And my main beaver attribute....

Beavers are patient listeners although they rarely follow advice. While they might confide in a close friend about personal issues, they usually choose to internalize their feelings instead. And a beaver wouldn't dream of confronting someone with whom it has a problem. It would much rather blow off steam by complaining behind their backs or by punishing them in subtle ways.

Where to find Snowflake:

Very cute, Shay! And yes, that's exactly the way to my lair.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast