+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Animal In You

Hmmm...I didn't get any choices, just OWL. Other owls: Nelson Mandela, Abraham Lincoln, and--what the?--Oprah Winfrey?

I like the career choices, though: Head of state, Judge, Diplomat, Bank Manager

I think I'll take that Head of state gig--how do I sign up for that?
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

not bad company there spegs

I'm sure you just announce you are an OWL and the Head Of State job will be handed to you
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Owl
    Genera and species: Tyto Alba
    Collective Term: A parliament of owls
    Description
    The owl is the tranquil face of the bird personalities. A creature of great integrity, its quiet serene demeanor accords it an air of mystery and diffidence and it is known as the serene, wise observer of human society. Always well groomed, it is a noble individual with elegantly chiseled features that borders on the fine edge of beauty and homeliness. It's large eyes are often framed by handsome eyeglasses.

But like all birds, the owl has a penchant for remaining above the fray and can be quite eccentric in maintaining their individuality. With a tendency to lose themselves in the pursuit of knowledge, owls are prone to disconnect with the relationships that are so important to them. But, they are the first to admit their shortcomings and manage to disarm their critics with a genuinely humble self-appraisal. Abraham Lincoln used this technique rather effectively in his reign as president.

Owls have developed quite a reputation for intelligence but it's really their calm and insightful nature that gives this impression. Instead of an intellectual approach to life they use their deeper spiritual senses to guide them, and like their nocturnal cohort the bats, have a deeply philosophical bent.

Unlike the terrestrial creatures, the owl is not a prisoner of its sex-drive, but with its air of refined sensuality is hardly shy about throwing itself into the physical aspects of a relationship. When it focuses its sharp ardor on its lover it ignites a steamy and animated encounter. The owl views sex as a complement to its relationships and certainly not as a key component. It would do well to recognize the significance of physical affection outside the bedroom, for its partner is often starved for non-sexual reassurance.

A discussion with an owl is both enlightening and challenging. It somehow manages to spin the most mundane subjects into philosophical musings on the nature of humanity and the state of the world. While these discussions are provocative and engaging, they often obscure the real purpose of communication -- the revealing of one's heart and mind. Take heed, wise owl. Remember that sometimes things are just what they seem!

Careers and Hobbies
    Bank manager Judge
    Diplomat Head of state

Reading Debating
    Chess Philosophy

Famous Owls
    Nelson Mandela, Oprah Winfrey, Abraham Lincoln.

I think this fit pretty well actually :-)
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

You are either a Wild Cat or a Porcupine personality.
    But you may also be a Baboon personality.

Decided that wildcat fit me best of all...

Wildcat

Wildcat personalities do not differ substantially from their domestic cousins Felis Domesiticus and exhibit the aloof behavior that is common to all felines. With their well-deserved reputations as creatures of comfort, wildcats jealously guard their independence while indulging in the finer things in life. Attractive, solitary, creative, and curious, these individuals are quite happy to observe the world from a distance.

The wildcat would never take a conventional route, preferring to explore life from off the beaten track -- relying heavily on its instincts and powers of observation to guide it safely through the jungle . Its air of indifference and need for privacy keeps it on the outskirts of society, but its love for comfort always brings it back

The wildcat differs from its lion relatives in its approach to its social structure. With an aversion to the complex family organization of the lion, the wildcat finds freedom and self-indulgence to be far more compelling . So as a natural explorer, it disdains staying in one place for long , preferring the freedom of solitary roaming. in exotic locales. This wanderlust makes it ideal for a career as a travel agent, explorer, mountain climber, researcher or writer.

It's difficult to really know cats. Although they make little attempt to disguise their emotions, their communication style is somewhat abstract. They readily display their disgust and boredom as it stalk off to spend solitary time sulking. Usually however, they return to the place that offers them security and creature comforts. Close alliances are formed with others that share their eremitic and wandering ways. Horse and deer, and tiger personalities are good candidates as soul mates, while gorillas provide them with much appreciated security.

This is the part I don't agree with, but I'll have to think about it... Wildcats are also incorrigible flirts and their feline mannerisms are attractive to members of the opposite sex. As a result, wildcats almost always get what they want -- plenty of pampering without the nuisance of a long-term mate. And making love to one is more than just a lot of hissing and scratching, for it is a curious lover whose tendency to get lost in the moment guarantees an unpredictable encounter.

Because of the wildcat's tendency to protect its independence, it can be difficult to get it to talk about personal issues. But when it comes to matters of the world, the wildcat loves a challenging debate. It is thoughtful and insightful on neutral themes, but when things get personal . . . logic flies out the window with the cat close on its heels.

i think it's funny that some of you got a choice of animals and some of us were so clear cut that they KNEW our animal type no questions.

Leo
    Premium Member
    Says I'm a gorilla:

Gorilla
    Genera and species: Gorilla Gorilla
    Collective Term: Aband of gorillas

Description
    Gorillas are strong, unpolished individuals with a gruff coarse exterior that conceals their soft and chewy center, and are capable, happy-go-lucky individuals with a disarming naiveté. Maybe a little hairy with a tattoo or two too, they are unpretentious and engaging creatures who brighten everyone's day with their enthusiastically warm greetings.

Even with the gorilla's warmly gruff exterior, there's an underlying sense of menace that percolates throughout it's personality. But even though it is built for physical confrontation, it's difficult to imagine a gorilla actually inflicting bodily harm. However, when the gorilla or its family is threatened, the transgressor quickly realizes its mistake. Its body hair standing on end, and large frame at full height, the gorilla will never back down from a fight. In a child-custody battle it's better to negotiate an up-front peace with a gorilla rather than endure a prolonged and bloody battle.

As a primate, the gorilla possesses considerable brainpower, although unlike its cousin the baboon, has no desire to waste its days deep in thought. Instead, life is spent in quiet enjoyment of play and family interactions.

Gorillas are capable of forming long-lasting, monogamous relationships and enjoy the peace and comfort provided by large families and close groups of friends. Considered to be attentive mates, they make an effort to provide a secure and comfortable nest. Not being overly ambitious though, they have a tendency to rest on their laurels.

Smaller animal personalities are attracted to their embracing persona and they form lasting bonds with submissive mice and cottontails. Warm and kind to these 'pets', they dominate the relationships and control their duration. Their personalities clash with the challenging nature of owls, foxes and moles who retard their carefree spirit and it are at their best in relationships with baboons, cottontails and dogs.

Gorillas have a strong need for structure in their households, which requires a healthy system of communication throughout the family. No one could accuse a gorilla of being dispassionate on issues of friendship and loyalty, although its emotions will sometimes get in the way of common sense.

All told, life with a gorilla is a series of passionate gestures and gentle reassurances.

Careers and Hobbies
    Mechanic Plumber
    Repairperson Personal trainer
    Food Industry Service industry

Wrestling Motorcycling
    Watching TV Sports fan

Famous Gorillas
    Hulk Hogan, Hells Angels, Mr. T.
    Right now I'm thinking... uh-oh.

Leo
    Premium Member
    Browsing around there I found this:

Similarly, the porcupine -- a small creature with a prickly exterior for defense -- is mimicked by the porcupine fish, spiked dinosaurs, the cactus and Joan Rivers.

I'm a rooster, wildcat and sea lion, but i think the sea lion one fits

Sea lions have little respect for the value of money and even though they have the talent to accumulate vast wealth are much more likely to be found at the beach --spending it rather than earning it. Alas, the lack of money doesn't discourage the sea lion from those spending sprees that leave it in debt, for saving for the future is never a priority and sea lions are forever emptying the penny jar or mooching a few bucks to buy a tuna sandwich.

The sea lion's agile minds is exercised by long hours of debate on issues of philosophy. Their lazy dispositions, however, can result in conversations that lack substance and logical grounding. Still, they are curious about the universe, paying particular attention to numerology and astrology.

Their cheerful dispositions belie a hot tempered core. When reacting assertively, their attack comes in the form of a sharp, barked retort, but they have no natural enemies and their slippery personas provide sufficient defense in the event of an attack.
    yeah, I'm a lazy bum.
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

It said I was a Penquin....this sounds pretty close. So I guess I'm to waddle around in formal wear.

Now you see it, now you don't. Aggressive yet gentle, outgoing but shy, stable yet flighty -- everyone sees the penguin in a different way. It's that black and white thing -- the penguin only reveals the side that it wants to you to see. So, whether you like this darling-devil or not, you have to concede that it's a fascinating and enigmatic individual.

For penguins are birds condemned to live out their days on the ground. Unable to fly, their excess energy has no outlet save their creative talents and emotional outbursts. Penguins are poetic, artistic, and intellectually gifted, and as writers, penguins have no equal. But, if unable to channel their impulses in a positive way, the resulting turmoil proves damaging to their relationships and careers.

With a natural aptitude for languages, penguin personalities dominate the world of publishing as writers, editors and journalists. A strong sense of drama draws them to the theater and cinema, although unlike typical bird personalities, they avoid the spotlight unless they're able to hide behind the characters they play. Once on stage however, they prove to be excellent performers with their multifaceted personalities conveying the full gamut of emotions.

However, a lack of confidence affects their work and penguins tend to give up too easily. So work never dominates their lives and they always put their families first. Those intimate with their penguin personality are impressed by their unswerving loyalty. They are sentimental at heart and always remember anniversaries and the birthdays of nieces and nephews. With a strong compassion for others, they place their family's needs ahead of their own but often end up being taken advantage of.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Princess
    I'm a FOX:

Appealing and cerebral and of average size, the fox is a close relative of both the wolf and dog personalities and displays typical canine qualities of loyalty, passion and creativity. Largely misunderstood to be a shy, retreating individual, it's the fox's unique stature as a small carnivore that defines its survival strategy. Because it cannot succeed in the world using brute force alone, it must rely on its sharp mind and engaging personality to garner resources, and it consequently spends a lot of time in its head -- giving the impression that it's trying to outsmart its friends. So the fox is often surprised to learn that its intellectual pursuits are intimidating.

So, the fox tempers its serious nature with a sardonic sense of humor and engaging playfulness while interacting with its eclectic community. It expects others to be as honest about their strengths and shortcomings as it is of its own, and while these high expectations don't make the fox a snob, it expects its friends to first demonstrate their worthiness before returning the favor with loyalty and devotion.

Foxes are typically successful in the work place but their competitiveness and ambition sometimes makes coworkers feel belittled. They would never deliberately take advantage of others, but their single-mindedness often blinds them to their feelings. So they thrive in their own businesses and like to surround themselves with family and friends in these ventures. Although they demand consensus in all decisions, they dominate discussions and steer the plans to reflect their own agenda.

A discussion with a fox is invariably stimulating and challenging. Its great curiosity and worldly experience makes it a wonderful conversationalist and it's able to hold forth on a number of different topics with ease. Sometimes, however, the fox will view a conversation as a competitive challenge, which proves to be off-putting and annoying to its companions.

That one fits pretty well (had Horse and Owl too to choose from).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast