Closed Thread
Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Fort Jeopardy

What does the name Estquer mean anyway? I don't understand your name either.

Mine is so simple...I love Bambi, the little deer!! Who doesn't know who Bambi is. lol
    Last edited by Bambi; 09-30-2005 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambi
    What does the name Estquer mean anyway? I don't understand your name either.

Mine is so simple...I love Bambi, the little deer!! Who doesn't know who Bambi is. lol
    Actually... it's the name of a character in a story I'm writing. But when I picked out the name for the character, it was... how should I put it... composed of complete gibberish.

It's interesting the nicknames i get. Es, or Est sometimes. But no one ever calls me Er or Uer or Quer.

How do you pronounce it? In my head I think "es-qu-why-errrr".

LOL, I picked my name based on the 80's cartoon Jem & The Holograms. It was about this girl who was a record industry executive by day and a pink hair ROCKSTAR by night. It was a tv series and had dolls, tapes, music, everything. The theme some was "Glamour and Glitter! Fashion and Fame! Jem she's truly outrageous.....truly truly truly outrageous......" One of the episodes/songs she had was call Glitter and Gold. I can relate because I love music and fashion and pretty things and I am a professional by day, I work hard but I love to glamourous and girly and believe in living life as stylish and vivacious as possible. I have been lurking on FORT for a long time and finally, one day, a voice came to me and said "LET THERE BE GLITTER! So I signed up and hence, GlitterxGold was born.

Quote Originally Posted by GlitterxGold
    How do you pronounce it? In my head I think "es-qu-why-errrr".

LOL, I picked my name based on the 80's cartoon Jem & The Holograms. It was about this girl who was a record industry executive by day and a pink hair ROCKSTAR by night. It was a tv series and had dolls, tapes, music, everything. The theme some was "Glamour and Glitter! Fashion and Fame! Jem she's truly outrageous.....truly truly truly outrageous......" One of the episodes/songs she had was call Glitter and Gold. I can relate because I love music and fashion and pretty things and I am a professional by day, I work hard but I love to glamourous and girly and believe in living life as stylish and vivacious as possible. I have been lurking on FORT for a long time and finally, one day, a voice came to me and said "LET THERE BE GLITTER! So I signed up and hence, GlitterxGold was born.
    It's pronounced EST-kwer, with first syllable accented. "esquire" lol, I hadn't even thought of that.

The real reason I chose it is because I wanted to have a name with a q in it.

Another thing is, the first e is supposed to have that backwards accent mark. In French that accent is called "accent grave". it looks like a \ over a letter. I don't know how to make it on the computer though.

Sounds so....exotic! My favorite FORTer's screename is still IcedLatte! lol goSHRUBS! is pretty funny too!

I LOVE GlitterxGold!!! I think I'm the only one that knows what Jem is (without you explaining what your name means) I still even know the theme song for that show

CallieCutie boring, plain, and simple... oh well

Quote Originally Posted by GlitterxGold
    Sounds so....exotic! My favorite FORTer's screename is still IcedLatte! lol goSHRUBS! is pretty funny too!

Mmmm... icedlatte... lol

And when I saw go shrubs the first time, I thought I was seeing things

And glitterxgold... It fits your personality so well!

Still need 5 challange, so unless I have a big onslaught in 4 Minutes the deadline will be up. But I really dont want to eliminate 5 no shows, so a emergency meeting of Jeopardy commitee have decided a extension until Saturday 8PM will be OK, if still nothing then( Hannibal is hungry for no-shows) actually we gave him Beer and gummy bears, he's happy, were happy and no-one ends up missing.

So Saturday at 8PM EST is final deadline.

Something that AIW does that is very useful is PM the missing players with a little reminder.
    Wrigleys Doublemint Gum....double your pleasure, double your fun!

Ultimate American Idol RubenIZMyne's Avatar
    sits back with a BahamaMama and some conch fritters and waits for the results show

insipid jeopardy music now playing

Closed Thread