+ Reply to Thread
Page 404 of 409 FirstFirst ... 304354394395396397398399400401402403404405406407408409 LastLast
Results 4,031 to 4,040 of 4082
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: GAME: One Syllable

Re: GAME: One Syllable

The time of year I do like snow is Dec. ten times two plus five day. Snow just seems to go with that day.
    Baby's Breath likes this.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

I do NOT like snow on that day. I have friends who have been sad that day 'cause friends and kin can not come to be with them. So they have the whole day to be sad. One had no food that day but some bread and jam 'cause she was to go to stay with her son but he could not come to get her. And she could not get out to get food or be with folks.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

That is a sad tale, PB. I don't mind a 'lil bit of snow but not a whole lot. I do not like to drive when there is ice on the roads.
    Our snow was mixed with rain but it did not stick.

I drove the day 'fore this day, and the roads had a lot of ice on them. I just drove real, real slow and left here in good time.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

My pal in the south would say that life would stop if snow fell. Here in the north, life goes on. Ice melt, a tool to dig with, good tread, warm clothes and boots are all a must. The one time when we do not roam is when one can not see 'cause of wind and drift. If the plow can not get through, it is best to stay in 'til things calm down. They know the drill though so it takes a bad, bad storm to keep them in their town barn! Those men work hard. Up and down the road they spread the salt and push the snow, dusk to dawn, so our lives can go on.

We do not get a lot of bad snow storms. We are due one. It has been quite mild these past two years. The guys that drive the snow plows do great!

This day the snow is to be quite thick. I am glad I have 'nough food in the house right now. Roads are real slick.

We are due one to three inch this day. Right now it is just grey out doors. We will get a lot of sleet and rain after the snow.

We have no snow here in N C, and none is on the way. The sun is bright.

It has been a long time since folks used this thread. It is a fun thread so here it is once more!

+ Reply to Thread