+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: GAME: One Syllable

Re: GAME: One Syllable

More than once I have had a wish to leave a place that serves food when we were on a trip. Some times you just want to stop in for a quick bite to eat, right? It beats a drive up and it is good to get out and stretch. But when they make you wait and wait, oh my... then you wish you had not stopped at all.

Do you have food stops that you like to eat at each time you are on a trip? It seems we stop at the place that has old things hung on the walls, and it has a gift store right there, too. There are quite a few of these on our way when we go on our trips.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

I will have lunch at one of those this day! My friend has not been to one so I will take her. There is one less than a half hour from my house. I love to stop there when on a trip.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Wow, that's neat, P B! I like to stop there when on a trip, too. They are fast and their blue flat cakes with blue sap are yum.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I am not sure of the food rest stop of which speaks. Down south there is a chain of food stops that have chairs on a front porch, the kind of chairs that rock. It is the name of a cheese brand as well. I like that place. In the ninth month of this year the fam of my spouse will all meet for a week end at a place near Lake George. Lake George, for those who don't know, is a place folks like to see b/c there is lots to do. There is a big lake, a place with rides and a fort not too far. This fort was from the war which we fought with the peeps 'cross the pond, when we were ruled by King George. It is cool fort! I am glad to go on this trip but not too glad for the long time to get there. I do not like long car trips. I need to make a lot of rest stops. Plus, we can bring our dog! There will be lots of dogs there and we will have the whole place just for our group!!!

Yes, E C M. You speak of the same place to eat that I meant. There are chairs on the front porch, and gifts for sale there, too. They have real good soup. The fish meal is good, too.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Oh yes, . That is a nice place to eat. I do not know if they are found out West, but I do not think they are found round my way. I have not been there in years.

I saw a birds egg hatch this morning! It is a large bird found near the bay. It only eats fish. The chick is SO cute. There are 3 more eggs that will hatch soon. The nest has a great web cam. It is in color and has sound so you can hear the chick peep for food. I feel like I just had a new grand kid! My eyes have been on that nest (through my screen) for weeks!

'Grats, P B! Does your grand chick eat just fish, too?

Yes, the babe is fed fish by Mom and Dad. I see them on half my screen as I type. We wait for chicks 2, 3 and 4! A lot of folks watch. We talk on Face Book.

+ Reply to Thread