+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: GAME: One Syllable

FORT Fogey

Re: GAME: One Syllable

I live in a plann ed type town where part of it is set up as open space and will never be built on. We pay a "tax" to our HOA to keep that part of the town in good shape as well as help pro vide pools, etc. to the peeps who live here. We have been in our house near 34 years and it has been a good place to live, work, raise kids, etc.

That sounds real nice C M D! I like where I live, but built it when I was sin gle, with two dogs. I like the pre serve be hind me so dogs can run. But now, with hubs and two kids, it is a bit full!!

FORT Fogey

Is the real es tate mar ket still so bad in MI? My son and his wife took a "bath" on their house in MI when they sold it to move to PA. Can you still get a house dirt cheap out there? I know Fiat came in and brought a lot of their peeps with them so may be it is good now? Wish you luck when the time comes to buy a house.

No, mar ket is not bet ter! My house is way down - my guess, we will end up rent ing our house while we buy a new one.

FORT Fogey

But does this mean you can get a nice house for a good price?

If we look. Hard part is so man y fore close ures, so good homes with probs' I don't want to deal with. Lots of peeps with houses we would want will not put their house for sale be cause they would have to take a huge loss, so they are wait ing to see if things change first.

FORT Fogey

My son and his wife had no choice when they put their home on the mar ket. She had to move from MI to PA for her job and both of them had the wish to get back to the East Coast. I wish Kates Mom and her hub and kids good luck when they go to look for a home.

My son has 2 homes for sale right now. One is his and one was his Dads. They must sell one so they can buy a house in their new state, GA.

The good thing is, the homes there cost much less than the same home here, so they can get a nice big house there. They will move the end of this month and rent for a while 'til they get a house sold.

FORT Fogey

When I watch HGTV I am in awe of how much house you can buy for so much less $$ than this area. I do not know how old some of those shows are, but the costs seem so much high er where I live. Must be that we are near to the seat of the USA govt. and also near Balti more and some govt. work places.

The cost of homes in our spot have gone up and up since we came here. It used to be if you were on a lake, you could get a lot for your home. Now all those sites are gone or have price tags that most can not pay, so if you can see a lake from your home, it is thought to be prime real 'state.

+ Reply to Thread