+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: GAME: One Syllable

Re: GAME: One Syllable

Many moons a go I live in an apt. Be ing the out door per son I am, I felt like I was in a Zoo. I have to have room to roam. So I guess when I get old I will be the cra zy la dy that kids are a fraid of. Do you re mem ber them? I think all neigh bor hoods have/ had one.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

LOL I T G!

The old bat on our street was not so much nuts but just plain old mean. If a ball would land on her grass, watch out! Kids will be kids and it was just a ball, but she would come out and rant and rave. Oh and that gives me thought of the old, old man on the end of the block. Years 'fore I knew what a ped o phile was he used to give me the creeps. He loved to give the kids on the block sweets and try to get them in his house. I did not ring his bell on the last day of Oct. I steered clear of him at our town pool, too. Ewww!!

FORT Fogey

Why am I a wake at this hour? Stress!!

Oh, CMD, I feel bad you were up last night! I hope you get a nap to make up for it. With re gard to your Q from be fore, I live in a con do that backs up on a na ture pre serve.

Oh, how neat to have a "back yard" like Kate's Mom.
    I have a small woods in back of my house. Some folks were to build town houses in there. Then things went bad, so I still have my woods! For me, that is the one good thing with this bad "down turn". I will be so sad if they start to knock down the trees to build. There are deer and fox in there and some things in there whose names have more than syl.

I'm with you, PB! Good thing about pre serve is that no one can build on it. I paid more for the lot, but it was worth it to me to know there will be trees be hind me as long as we live here!

I knew the peep that owned the woods when I bought my house and knew she would not build. But then she sold it. Why did I not guess that she would do that some day??

UGH! I have a slight fear 'bout that. I guess the town could "sell" the pre serve to a build guy, if the deal was right. I hope not. We hope to move next year, though, so I guess it does not make a diff er ence in the long run!

Towns do not sell that type property if they do not have to. The green peeps would make a big stink and tie it up in court for ever!!!

Yes - plus it would be not real E Z to get to, since there is no road near it!

+ Reply to Thread