+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: GAME: One Syllable

Re: GAME: One Syllable

I guess a house with no man that can fix things can be a good thing. My ex could not change a light bulb! I have a guy I pay to fix things. He does a good job and he does it when he says he will do it. It costs more that way, but it sure is nice not to have to deal with things.

Now that my grand son lives with me, he can fix some things. He put in a new porch light bulb last night. The light is up high and I could not reach it.

FORT Fogey

Once more, our very wise PB may have hit the nail on the head. That is why if I am left here a lone, I will clean out the house and sell it A S A P.

My friend did that. She bought a place in a high-rise thing. She loves it there. She was out of her house and in to her new place in less than 6 months.

FORT Fogey

Your friend had good luck, PB. The real es tate mar ket sucks right now. I would have to "give away" my house to get rid of it.

When she sold, things were good. Her house sold in less than 1 day. Strange, but the folks who bought it were good friends of my old sons wife.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

No, I am too used to a house. I do not think I could live in a place where I had to share walls with peeps. I do think I would like a place that is less big in a com mun it y where they take care of the out side up keep. May be a town house or vil la where you share just one set of walls would not be too bad. But my guy needs a place to put his cars, tools, and man stuff and a place to putz 'round like a base ment or gar age. So, 'no' to the high rise for me!

I do not like a high rise place for me, but for some it is a good place to live. As folks grow old, thing like yards and stairs get to be too much to deal with.

We live in a place where we share walls and out side stuff is done by H O A. I like that part, but the lack of back yard and out side space is tough for my kids.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    No, I am too used to a house. I do not think I could live in a place where I had to share walls with peeps. I do think I would like a place that is less big in a com mun it y where they take care of the out side up keep. May be a town house or vil la where you share just one set of walls would not be too bad. But my guy needs a place to put his cars, tools, and man stuff and a place to putz 'round like a base ment or gar age. So, 'no' to the high rise for me!
    ECM - when you get to be over 70, you may change your mind.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    We live in a place where we share walls and out side stuff is done by H O A. I like that part, but the lack of back yard and out side space is tough for my kids.
    Do you ive in a town house?

+ Reply to Thread