+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: GAME: One Syllable

Re: GAME: One Syllable

A ride in a hot air thing is not my kind of fun but I sure do like to look at them.

I saw one last night. We see them a lot in our town.

I have been in one. It is cool, but I do not like heights, so I did spend some time on the floor of the bas ket!!!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I hear you, Kates Mom as I don't like heights as well. But it is my dream to one day go up in that big 'loon in the air! When we took the hon moon trip we went to the beach, got hooked up to a big rope which strapped us tight and went up in the air for a par a sail ride. It was so cool! I felt like a free bird who floats in the air. It was quick and then BOOM!, you land on the beach once more!

I have done that too. Did not bug me as much as the 'loon did. I don't know why - just did not feel safe in the 'loon. I think I felt like if I fell in the wa ter, I would be fine, but in the 'loon, I would be dead!

FORT Fogey

I am not one who has a big store of brav ery, so I have not been on a para sail, jet ski, hot air 'loon, etc. But I did get over my fear of fly ing over H20 so we could go to some isles.

You know, I used to love fly ing in a plane . . . 'til I had kids - now it scares me so much I cry a bit each time I take off.

FORT Fogey

My #1 son has flown all thru the world for his job. He got sick of it and so his com pany said he did not have to do that any more. Now he goes only in the US. His wife and child are glad of that.

I said no to a new job right af ter my kid was born, which would have been more dough, be cause over seas trips were a part of the deal.

Young folks, just out of school, with no SO or kids, like to have jobs where they can go to a far place. It is fun when you are young and do not have to be with folks at home. One of my sons did that for 2 years or so, but then it just got old. If he was in a fun place at weeks end, he would stay and have a fun few days and then fly home.

+ Reply to Thread