+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: GAME: One Syllable

FORT Fogey

Re: GAME: One Syllable

Thank you E C M. The path has been long and hard.

Yes, I too think the words of CMD were wise. My mom was a lot like the Mom of ECM, but I know not all Mom's are like that. And I know that not all kids have a great life as young kids. But, when one is grown, it is time to put those things out of ones mind and get on with life. I have no time for grown peeps who still dwell on things from many years in the past. Once it is over...get over it.
    Columbia, MD likes this.

I a gree, and it has been a long, hard road for me - and part of why I had is sues in the past. But I have worked hard to get where I am to day, which is that I like me. Good news is that now I have some thing to teach my girl, so that she will not have the same probs. Of course, she will have new ones! I like your ad vice, CMD. I look at it as I can blame my 'rents for who and what I was, but I am the sole peep to de ter mine who and what I am and who and what I will be!
    Columbia, MD likes this.

I could do no right while the boy could do no wrong, so I had to walk. I still show love and 'spect, though. There is more peace in my life now that I hang just with those who find joy and good in me.

That was true for me too - plus mom used me for her hap pi ness - big thing for a kid! Now though, it switched. Good too, B C my mom has learned from me and she is wor king to change her self to find her own hap pi ness!

I know 2 women who were born with eye sight but went blind. One when in her teens, one when she was a young wife and mom. Both did not give in to "poor me"", but lead good lives. One goes to schools for "bad" kids and gives talks to them. She tells them life is like a card game. Some foks get a good hand, some folks get a not so good hand. You must play with the hand you are dealt. You can make it a hand that wins, or you can fold and let your bad hand beat you. It is the choice of each peep as to what they do in their life.

When I was a teen a man said a thng to me I will not for get. He said: Do not run from a thing. Always run TO a thing. It is hard to say the quote in one syl, but if you think oni it, you will "get" what he meant.

FORT Fogey

Wow!! What things we have put up on this thread in the past day or two. I say to all you peeps who have bared your souls that you are brave and I am proud to know you, even if we have not met. To those who share by PM or e mail, your words give me much 'bout which to think and learn, and I thank you from the bot tom of my heart.

Oh now that is one sweet post. Each of us here love you C M D.

And P B, you have taught us all quite a bit this day from those that you have met in your life. Thank you for that.

I feel like we just said grace on the day when we eat the bird, so now I say, "Let's eat!"
    Columbia, MD likes this.

Let's eat is good. Let's live is good too. They say: " This day is the first day of the rest of your life". That is the way to live a good life. Each day is new. Each day gives us a new chance to start be ing the peeps we are meant to be.
    Columbia, MD likes this.

A men, PB!! Once I was mad and said "life is not fair!" The guy next to me said "you bet ter THANK GOD that life is not fair! Think of all the bad stuff you did and all the peeps you hurt - and give thanks that life is not fair"! I thought of this tale when read ing P B's post - it is so true!
    Photobabe likes this.

+ Reply to Thread