+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: GAME: One Syllable

Re: GAME: One Syllable

E C M, I feel bad that your dog will not take her heart worm with out a time. Our dogs can not wait to get theirs. Our first dog had to get his in a roll, but it was not the chew type. Our little dog had the pill too, at first. Have you seen a dog who can eat all the things in their mouth but the pill stays in tact? Crack me up! We had to switch him to the chew, and that is gone in a flash. I would like to know how P B gives a pill to a cat too. She is so good with the pets. I wrote her just the day 'fore to ask her for help 'cause my dog has an A CHOO, A CHOO, A CHOO!

Have you all not seen that fun email which has the name "How to pill a cat"? It is such fun!

In fact, it is not hard to pill most cats. You just hold with a firm hand, and shove the pill as far back in their throat as you can. Then hold mouth shut "till pill is gone. It helps if you give a sort blow in their face to make them push it down.
    For both dogs and cats that will not let the pill go down, you use the soft end of a wood thing that you use to write and give the pill a shove far back in the throat. Easy!!!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Oh my! I do not think I can do that. Her heart worm pill is so, so big. Like B B says, she will eat the food, be it cheese or meat, or bread, and then spit the dang pill out! B B, I hope your pooch gets well soon!

Can you cut the heartworm pill in 2 pieces so it is not so hard for her to get it down? Or, can you crush it and mix it in some food that she loves, like soft cheese or P nut but. ?

Yes, I do cut the pill in half, P B, but she still spits it out. The next time I think I will smash it up and mix it with her food. I want to ask what do you all think of heart worm meds? I know it is impt. but some times I have my doubts. I do note that she does not seem quite right 'aft she takes her pill. She seems so out of it and not full of pep like is her norm. I do not give flea and tick meds to my dog. My late dog was ten plus 3 years when she passed. She got a bad case of fleas. We had to get the meds from the vet who gave her a shot, too, for the itch. Well, one month went by and we had to put the flea meds on her skin. 2 days aft she was dead. I don't know what to think. On the box it says not to give to aged or sick dogs. Can be fat al! So I have much fear when it comes to these things. I do not live where there are woods but ticks can be in the grass, too, I guess.

Our dog was ten plus 3 too when he passed E C M. It is a long time to spend with a pet and it is hard when they go. We do not use flea and tick meds. I am sad for your loss.

Thank you B B. Do your dogs get a lot of ticks and/or fleas? We have not used the flea meds with our new dog. Once she got a few fleas and we gave her a flea bath and she was good. My son sprayed the flea/tick spray OFF! as he had to go to the salt marsh and the woods for his BIO class. He had to pick off ticks this day and the day be 4. I guess the OFF! does not work too well.

Oh my E C M! I am glad your boy knows what to do. No, we have not once had a flea on a dog, knock on wood. And I have not seen a tick in my life, knock on wood. We just wash our dogs with babe sham poo.

FORT Fogey

The posts on this page have shown a real gift for use of only one syl. I can not say any thing about dogs and cats since I do not have any.

Just visiting this planet nanaslbkp's Avatar

I am with you on these posts, Col,MD. The gift of gab with only one syl. is too hard for me. Like you, I do not have a pet.

+ Reply to Thread