+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: GAME: One Syllable

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: GAME: One Syllable

That may be true in lots of towns 'cross the States but I know that in parts of NYC that are real close to the Big Round Red Orb they still get a high price for their homes. My cuz tried to buy a home in her old 'hood that was good for two fams and they asked one point five mill for it! It was not such a great house to ask for that price but it is what it is.

RGW, I wish you good luck to sell your house. I hope it sells real quick and at a good price!

My son has 2 house to sell so that his wife and kids can move to the place where he has a new job. One is the house that was his Dads. They want to be in their new home near his job in time for school next fall. I will be sad to see them go, but am glad he got a great new job.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

PB, is this the son whose kids are in your new avi? I am sure you will miss them so much but a good job is hard to come by these days. My first-born son was set to move to the lone star state this past Jan. but then said 'no' to the job and move. He is what you might call a tramp, in the sense that he likes to go from place to place and not have roots. He met a girl from France who is in school... she is one who wants to snap the pix when she is done with school. So, now she will come back to New York for 2 weeks in May. My son wants to quit his job, which he hates, btw, and go to Ger. for a week or two, then go to some big art show in a town in France whose name I can not think of right now, and then go to the home of this girl whose mom has said he can stay with them for a few months. He does not speak French but at this time tries to learn. He thinks it will be a grand old time. TX was far but France is worse. He does not see it this way....I guess this wander lust is in his genes. I like to see new sites, and towns as well but do like to have my feet on the ground with roots. Oh vey, as CMD would say.

ECM, the girl in the pix is his, the boy is the son of my young son. This job is good for my son so I am not sad. He gets high pay and will buy a big house with a guest suite. He and his wife want a house where us old folks can live it we should have the need some day.

Do not feel bad that your son wants to roam a bit. He is still young and does not yet have a wife and kids. Some day he will change and want to have roots. Just give him time!! A life on his own in a strange place will help him grow up.

When there is a big mass of blue 'tween me and my kid, then that feels like a whole world to me. My girl went to the place where the land is green and there are a lot of sheep. She went to the land where the Nile runs through and peeps ride on those things with humps, too. She was gone for short times and my boy was gone for months in a row but 'cause he was in the states, and she was not, I found his trip to be less hard on me than her two.

P B you have a nice boy that he wants to buy a home where you can stay! My boy makes jokes about the home he will put me in some day.

My boy and his wife are good folks. They took care of his dad in his last months. I have a friend who is now in a home. She has no one to care for her. It is sad.

Young folks need to spread their wings and fly while they are still young and free. I hope ECM can make peace with that. Mom's need to hug their kids tight, then let them go. When the time is right, they come home again.

I see your point but what if E C M's boy has a crush on a girl whose mom is like a venus fly trap? I have that prob with my girl's guy's rents.

I hope I am a good mom-in-law one day and loved by each spouse.

No doubt you will be r g w.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

My mind is blown by how well you gals do this one syll thing.

+ Reply to Thread