+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: GAME: One Syllable

Re: GAME: One Syllable

That makes two of us then. I have not read, nor seen. My son has read them all, the last one in less than a day, and it was quite thick! He does not like to see it on screen though.

FORT Fogey

Add me to the crowd. I have not read any H P books or seen any of the films, and do not seem to have any want to do so.

I read the first 2 HP books with my g kids who were far from me. I would buy the book, read it and send it to them. Then, they would read it and we would get on the phone and chat. It was great to have the book to talk with them. Now they are grown up and do not care about HP.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

You are one cool grand ma, P B! How fun to do that with the grand kids!

Yes, it was fun. It was a nice way for us to get to chat and not have to talk about "How's school?"

FORT Fogey

When she was of less age, the child of my son got on the phone and read us a whole book. I think she was five years old at the time.

Ahhh, that is so cute, C M D ! Books can be a great way for kids and grown up folks to bond.

This is a sad tale, but I think you will like it. My S O's mom was a peep in a house of books. She sat at a desk or read to small peeps in a small room. Do you know what I mean? Each night she brought home a cloth bag full of things she wished to read. And when she came to our house, she had a special green bag full of fun books for our kids to read! As she grew ill, she could not finish all of the books which she had brought. The last time she was at our house, she left the bag so we could finish them for her. We took the books to the slot when we were done with them, but we kept the green bag.

That is a good tale, B B. It is good your mom in law found that way to show her love for her grand kids.

FORT Fogey

That is a nice story, BB. I am glad you have the green bag. My folks lived far in CA and my kids did not have this type of bond. Sad. But they did buy books for my kids to read when we went to CA. My M I L was not the type to sit and read to kids. Also sad.

+ Reply to Thread