+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Your Favorites... What are they?

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    Oh....so you haven't received the restraining order yet? Ooops. heh heh.
    So that is who the guy in handcuffs was waiting for?
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGirl
    So that is who the guy in handcuffs was waiting for?

I wondered why the bill was so high. :nono

So JD, what are your favorite things? Do tell.
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Okay, but you asked for it.

Favorites:

Films: Usual Suspects, Hair, the Graduate, Breakfast at Tiffany's, People v. Larry Flynt...I know there are a hundred more, but I won't bore you. I think there are several movies everyone should be required to see, just to understand how the generations in our country have evolved. (Grapes of Wrath to Help -or any Beatles stuff - to Star Wars to Breakfast Club to the new high-tech action flix) Also guilty pleasures: Money Train, the Doors, Tombstone

TV shows: Big Brother, almost everything on A&E, Jon Stewart's Daily Show, Court TV can be pretty riveting at times.

Actors: Kevin Spacey, Val Kilmer (as an actor, I don't care for him personally), Colin Ferrell, Johnny Depp, Ed Norton, I also like the "George Clooney club - Brad Pitt, et al.

Actresses: Audrey Hepburn, Juliet Lewis, Courtney Love *ducks for cover*, Salma Hayek, I'm pretty much all over the map there. I know I'm forgetting a bunch of them.

Bands: Duh. Kid Rock ring a bell? James Taylor, Eric Clapton, Madonna, most of the 70's bands (CCR, BTO, etc.), Jewel, Sarah McLachlan, Hole, Tenacious D.

Hobbies: Scrapbooking, making candles, soaps, lotions, even lip balm!, flower arranging, wreath making, and the ever-popular bead-counting. I'm such a dork.

Sports to Play: Enjoy, but not good at any of them: Tennis, softball, basketball, volleyball.

Sports Teams: the team that used to be the Utah Jazz, I've kind of faded from favorites lately.

Outdoor Activities: There's an outdoors?

Music: Polyfuzion, good old rock and roll, I'm a little bit country, with a sprinkling of hip-hop for flava.

Cereals: Lucky Charms! Froot Loops, Frosted Rice Krispies. (Yeesh, just hand me a box of sugar, will ya?)

Snacks: yes please.

Cookies: Crunchy macadamia and white chocolate chip (can't remember the brand...), and Chips Deluxe, Pecan Sandies.

Candy Bars: SKITTLES, anything with chocolate and almonds, red licorice, Swedish fish.

Alcoholic Drinks: Tequila, vodka tonic, or an ice cold beer, preferably Corona.

Non-Alcoholic: diet coke and propel. Most coffee drinks, too.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Favorites:

Films: War of the Worlds, Titantic, Harry Potter movies, Jurassic Park movies,Shawshank Redemption, any Tom Hanks movie, Beaches, Breakfast Club, Perfect Storm, Oceans 11 and 12, Lost Boys, Legends of the Fall, Something's Gotta Give, The Birdcage, Phantom of the Opera

TV shows: American Idol, Survivor, er, Lost, Oprah, Starting Over, Nancy Grace, Best Week Ever on VH1, Entertainment Tonight

Actors: George Clooney, Tom Hanks, Tom Cruise, Don Cheadle, Michael Keaton, John Travolta, Jack Nicholson, Morgan Freeman, Jeff Goldblum, Tim Allen, Will Smith, Bill Paxton, Bill Pullman

Actresses: Bette Midler, Angelina Jolie, Helen Hunt, Kate Winslet, Julia Roberts, Barbara Streisand

Bands: Eagles, Queen, Big & Rich, Backstreet Boys, all 80's hair bands

Hobbies: baseball, reading, watching reality TV, the FORT, internet

Sports to Play: yeah, right!!! many moons ago I played softball.....

Sports Teams: St. Louis Cardinals, Anaheim Angels

Outdoor Activities: watching son play baseball

Music: I like all types of music: opera, rap, country, pop, jazz

Cereals: Sugar Corn Pops, Fruit Loops, Apple Jacks, Sugar Smacks (all 100% nutritional, huh?!)

Snacks: Popcorn, rice krispy treats, hot Krispy Kreme doughnuts

Cookies: raw dough-preferably sugar or white chocolate macadamia nut

Candy Bars: not really crazy about chocolate but when I get the occasional urge...just gimme a Reese's cup

Alcoholic Drinks: Wallabydarn (from Outback Restaurant); Corona w/ lime; White Russian, Mexican Flags

Non-Alcoholic: Dr. Pepper, H20 with lemon or limes; fruit juices
    Last edited by bbnbama; 07-09-2005 at 12:27 AM.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    Favorites:

Films: Legally Blonde, Mean Girls, Saved!, Napoleon Dynamite, The Lion King, Hercules, Ice Princess

TV shows: American Idol, and since I'm mad at Survivor for changing the number of contestants, that's it.

Actors: Don't really have one.

Actresses: See above.

Bands: Christina Aguilera, Gwen Stefani, Kelly Clarkson, Martina McBride, Maroon 5, Ryan Cabrera, Weezer, Elvis Presley

Hobbies: Watching TV, reading posts here, crocheting, occasionally shopping but never buying anything

Sports to Play: Soccer, Track & Field, Cross-country

Sports Teams: SF Giants

Outdoor Activities: ?

Music: Pop-rock, some country

Cereals: Frosted Flakes, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, all sugary stuff

Snacks: French bread pizza

Cookies: Chocolate chip, but I'm not really a cookie person

Candy Bars: Twix, Crunch w/ caramel, M&Ms, Skittles (only the red ones and the purple ones), Hershey's Kisses w/ caramel

Alcoholic Drinks: I'm under-age

Non-Alcoholic: Coke, Sprite, Dr. Pepper, pretty much any soda except cream soda, apple juice, and fruit punch

Favorites

Films: When Harry Met Sally, Let it Ride, Joe Dirt (belongs in the so bad it's good thread!), Tombstone (I have many favorites, too many to name), Multiplicity

TV shows: CSI Vegas and Miami (the NY one hasn't grown on me for some reason), Scrubs, Arrested Development, Lost, House Hunters, Designed to Sell (both on HGTV), Monk, 4400, Dead Zone (have lots of other favorite tv shows also - two VCR's are going while I watch another!)

Actors: Mel Gibson, Harrison Ford, Richard Dreyfuss, Samuel L. Jackson, Michael Keaton, Tom Hanks, Nicolas Cage, Johnny Depp, Gary Sinise, Bruce Willis

Actresses: Michelle Pfieffer, Natalie Portman, Kate Winslet, Meryl Streep, Bette Midler, Sandra Bullock, Rene Russo

Bands: Maroon 5, Eagles, Alabama, Brooks & Dunn, Fleetwood Mac, Five For Fighting, The Police, Foreigner, Rascall Flatts, Alan Jackson, George Strait, Toby Keith, The Dixie Chicks, Tim McGraw, Trisha Yearwood (most any country singer), Elton John, Mariah Carey, (most 80's bands)

Hobbies: Archie Comics, Mystery novels, planting flowers (because they keep dying)

Sports to Play: Sorry, not a sports person

Sports Teams: see above

Outdoor Activities: gardening (very small scale) - not really an outdoor person. I love to be outdoor but don't have any "activities" related to being outdoor. Unless you count sitting on the porch, drinking coffee, looking at my horses an activity

Music: Country, 80's, Mainstream pop-rock, some classical, a little rap, some R&B, I think every venue has at least one song I like.

Cereals: Honey Nut Crunch, Apple Jacks, Captain Crunch with berries

Snacks: cheesecake, Little Debbie snack rolls (choc with cream in middle), chips and salsa, cheetohs

Cookies: soft, hot, chocolate chip cookies. Also like peanut butter and oatmeal cookies (without raisins).

Candy Bars: Whatchamacallit, Peanut Butter cups

Alcoholic Drinks: Amaretto Sour, Red Wine (Merlot and Pinot Noir especially)

Non-Alcoholic: Sweet tea, lemonade, coke, coffee
    Last edited by chesara; 08-15-2005 at 11:44 AM.

Favorites:

Films: Joyride and Never Been Kissed with Leelee Sobieski and Girl Interrupted. Oh She's The Man too. Best movie ever.

TV shows: America's Next Top Model, 15/Love, How I Met Your Mother, Will And Grace

Actors: Nicholas Cage and Clive Owen

Actresses: Angelina Jolie, Leelee Sobieski, Queen Latifah

Bands: Mobile, Linkin Park,

Hobbies: Reading, drawing, watching movies

Sports to Play: Tennis, badminton, basketball and dodge ball

Sports Teams: None

Outdoor Activities: Tanning (just kidding) Going to theme parks, swimming

Music: 80's, 90's, rock, hip-hop, punk, and some softy songs

Cereals: Definitely Cinnamin Toast Crunch

Snacks: Popcorn and fuzzy peaches, celery

Cookies: Mint oreos

Candy Bars: Kit Kat, Crunch, Mint Aero

Alcoholic Drinks: none

Non-Alcoholic:Chocolate milk, water

Favorites:

Films: My Father the Hero, Bad Boys 2, Miss Congeniality, Ocean's 11, Speed, Sixteen Candles, most romantic movies and comedies...

TV shows: Big Brother, Survivor, The Bachelor, Friends, The Real World, Laguna Beach, 8th and Ocean, The Apprentice, One Tree Hill, Las Vegas

Actors: Paul Walker, Matt Damon, Denzel Washington

Actresses: Reese Witherspoon, Cameron Diaz, Julia Stiles

Bands: Pretty much anything rock, pop, r&b or rap

Hobbies: Reading, Watching TV, Scrapbooking, Travelling, Listening to Music, Shopping

Sports to Play: Tennis, Basketball

Sports Teams: San Antonio Spurs

Outdoor Activities: Walking, Tennis, Basketball

Music: Rock, Pop, R&B, Rap, Reggae, Techno...you name it...

Cereals: Honey Bunches of Oats, Pops, Frosted Flakes

Snacks: Chocolate Chip Cookies, French Fries, Chicken Nuggets, Peanut Butter and Ritz Crackers

Cookies: Oreos, Choc Chip, Peanut Butter Choc Chunk, OatMeal

Candy Bars: Snickers, Crunch, Kit Kat

Alcoholic Drinks: Kamikaze shots, Sex on the Beach, Smirnoff Ice, Cranberry Vodka

Non-Alcoholic: Water, Iced-Tea, Ginger Ale
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

Black Belt Beauty KarateGirl1387's Avatar
    Films: Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Notebook, The Chronicles of Narnia, The Notebook, The Shawshank Redemption, The Matrix, Gladiator, The Count of Monte Cristo, X-Men, Shall We Dance?, The Sandlot, School of Rock, Phantom of the Opera, Moulin Rouge, Zoolander, Chocolat, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Rent, Elf, and a bunch of others.

TV shows: CSI (the original, of course), Boy Meets World, Whose Line Is It Anyway?, anything on the Food Network, So You Think You Can Dance

Actors: Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom

Actresses: Catherine Zeta-Jones, Julia Roberts

Bands: 3 Doors Down, Count Basie Orchestra, Maroon 5, Lifehouse, U2, Linkin Park, Sonicflood, Benny Goodman, Nickelback, Matchbox 20, Creed, Brian Setzer Orchestra, Goo Goo Dolls, Casting Crowns, Coldplay, Dave Matthews Band, The Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, Third Day, and way too many others to name.

Hobbies: Piano, singing, theater, reading, writing, photography, video games, cooking, spending time with friends and family

Sports to Play: Karate, dance (tap, jazz, hip-hop, ballroom, swing), rock climbing, fencing

Sports Teams: Minnesota Twins

Outdoor Activities: Walking, tennis, horseback riding, skating, archery

Music: I listen to everything, but I really like jazz, rock, and anything you can dance to

Cereals: Honey Bunches of Oats

Snacks: Apples with caramel, cheese or peanut butter and crackers, carrots

Cookies: Homemade chocolate chip oatmeal and/or white chocolate macademia nut. Yum!

Candy Bars: I can't remember the last time I had a candy bar, I don't really eat them anymore.

Alcoholic Drinks: Well, I'm not old enough to drink yet (nor do I do so despite the fact), but I've had sips of wine coolers and red wine at restaurants before that were pretty good.

Non-Alcoholic: Milk, juice, water
    "Dancing is the vertical expression of a horizontal desire."

+ Reply to Thread