Name 10 things you did with your dad as a kid:
1. Listened to him tell us bedtime stories.
2. He always helped us with our math and science homework and projects.
3. Danced with him at wedding receptions.
4. Worked with him planting flowers in the yard, and during WW II, we dug up the back yard and planted and grew veggies together.
5. Drove out into the country when he made housecalls. The old folks would give us homemade baked goods and show us the animals and let us climb trees.
6. Helped him make meals for the family if my mom was sick.
7. Singing around the campfire while he played the harmonica.
8. Long walks along the railroad tracks looking for just the right kind of sticks that he would weave into a decorative border along my Mom's flower garden.
9. Went to the public swimming pool after he came home from work, while Mom cooked dinner. It was exercise for him and it was the way we learned to swim.
(and your mom got to make dinner in peace!)
10. A game where he would blindfold us and walk us all over and then we had to guess where we were.
Name 10 things you didn't learn in school: