Thread: Game: Things in Common

FORT Fogey

Re: Game: Things in Common

Name 10 things You Like to Find in Your Garden:
    1. lady bugs
    2. Butterflies
    3. Hummingbirds
    4. Freshly planted cabbages and broccoli
    5. A "plant fairy" who can do all the stuff I can't do any more.
    6. A pretty garden statue.
    7. Ripe cherry tomatoes to pop in your mouth.
    8. Crocuses popping their heads up at the end of winter.
    9. Daisys
    10. The hydrangea bush I took from my folks' yard when they moved to CA in 1976 and still blooms in my yard.

Name 10 things you remember about your grandfather (we only did grandmother, right?):

Right, but it was on the "Name 4 things" thread.

Name 10 things you remember about your grandfather:
    1. His voice and accent
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

FORT Fogey

Velvet -- you have a mind like a steel trap!!

1. His voice and accent
    2. He was very tall and handsome.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;4068279;
    Velvet -- you have a mind like a steel trap!!
    The next line is "yeah, it's rusted shut".

1. His voice and accent
    3. His anchor tattoo (he was in the Navy; back then, the only acceptable tattoos were on men who had servedin the military)
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

The next line is "yeah, it's rusted shut". That's funny!

1. His voice and accent
    3. His anchor tattoo (he was in the Navy; back then, the only acceptable tattoos were on men who had servedin the military)
    4. His meticulous mustache, his soft eyes, the way he would say, "You like?" and the great amount of respect and admiration he earned because of his work ethics (my Grandpa was the best )

1. His voice and accent
    4. His meticulous mustache, his soft eyes, the way he would say, "You like?" and the great amount of respect and admiration he earned because of his work ethics (my Grandpa was the best )
    5. He would buy 7 pairs of tall rubber boots every year for all the grandchildren so we could go wading in the creek behind their house.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

1. His voice and accent
    5. He would buy 7 pairs of tall rubber boots every year for all the grandchildren so we could go wading in the creek behind their house.
    6. His respect for his religion so much so that his books were buried with him.

1. His voice and accent
    7. It was his job to carve the turkey at Thanksgiving and if you tried to steal a piece while he was carving he would threaten you (JK of course) with the knife.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

1. His voice and accent
    7. It was his job to carve the turkey at Thanksgiving and if you tried to steal a piece while he was carving he would threaten you (JK of course) with the knife.
    8. While it was my grandmother who pushed for the education of all their kids, he always took credit for how well they did in life.

1. His voice and accent
    8. While it was my grandmother who pushed for the education of all their kids, he always took credit for how well they did in life.
    9. He loved to fish and would sometimes fish very early in the morning, bring the catch home, and my grandmother would cook up a big fish breakfast.

+ Reply to Thread