+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Trivia

Leia-Jakita-Arendt OnMyLunchBreak's Avatar
    I'm thinking that they don't stay ignited. I don't think I ever remember seeing an ignited light saber on the ground in any of the movies.

That's FALSE!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

You're right, OMLB. They don't. (And I thought of the question precisely because I've never seen an ignited lightsaber on the ground. ) In fact, if I remember correctly, the moment that Vader severed Luke's hand, the lightsaber shut down.

It leads me to wonder whether lightsabers include some sort of switch that the wielder needs to press in order for the 'saber to stay lit. Otherwise, why does a lightsaber shut down?

Anyway, thinking out loud. Next question to you, OnMyLunchBreak.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Yeah, I could be making up my own fan lore here, but it would seem like maybe the crystals in the handle are somehow powered/controlled by the Force and that a Jedi would have to "connect" with the crystals to make them work. If it gets dropped or knocked away that "connection" might falter and immediately shut the saber down?

Or maybe its just a switch you have to hold down to keep it ignited???

How many "suns" does Tatooine have?

Quote Originally Posted by OnMyLunchBreak
    How many "suns" does Tatooine have?
    Two, right?

How many moons does Yavin have?
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Tatooine has 2 suns.

Here's the whole thing with the lightsabers(in part, info gleaned from the NPR radio dramas). Each Jedi(and Sith, I would imagine) makes his own lightsaber. They are powered by those special crystals, and the crystal must be "tuned"(through the force, I imagine), and carved to a frequency that allows it to function. In one of the radio dramas(Jedi, I think), it opens with Luke making his new lightsaber. He is all frustrated because he is unable to get it all put together, and it keeps falling apart on him. Eventually, he remembers the lesson that Yoda taught him, that size matters not. He concentrates through the force, and is able to assemble his lightsaber. A pretty cool scene.

Something else I read about the lightsabers--that crystal is 100% efficient. The "blade" of a lightsaber is an arc of energy that is never expended. It just keeps recycling back upon itself. Cool, huh? :dork

ETA: Ha! Qboots beat me to the punch in all my long-windedness!

Is it 7 moons that Yavin has?
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Thanks mrdob!

That was very helpful!

Another thought about the light saber/ignition idea. If the Jedis make their own, could they possible design them with the options to either extinguish when no longer being held or not? Maybe the "automatic off function" is like an upgrade on your standard light saber? Like leather seats in your car?

I think your right, by the way, mrdob, 7 moons sounds correct for Yavin.

I thought Yavin only had 4 moons, 3 of which are inhabitable, but I'm no expert by any means.

Go ahead with a question Mr. D.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I regret to inform you that Mr.D is currently undergoing the Hazing Ritual (TM) as a new writer. If he can't make it back to civilization from where we've dumped him, let's post a new question around noon and jump-start the game. Say, noon today?
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

+ Reply to Thread