+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Trivia

Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna
    That's Orb Mantell, Mrdob. That's also tricky!

Okay, for my next question:

Does anyone know why Boba Fett didn't fall for that trick?
    Because he and Jango Fett have seen it before, correct, in Attack of the Clones?
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Yep, that's what I was thinking of. Did you know that they had one of those "read along to the record album" comic books that was actually called something like "close call at Ord Mantell"?? I think it came out after ESB was released. One of my friends had it(has it??) and it's really cool to read and hear about Han's close call there!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Ooh, Phat is on PHIRE. You are correct, sir. And to answer your above post, my lightsaber is green.

Ah, yes. I would have pegged you as a yellow, Manny, but perhaps you ought to fight florentine (damn, I love how you named that two-handed style).

I would have been a red, old-style (like Dooku), but oddly, I'm feeling strangely mellow.

Here we go:

Query: Boba Fett has been known to take trophies. He wears them around his armor. Describe these gruesome "trophies."
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Wookie Scalps
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Leia-Jakita-Arendt OnMyLunchBreak's Avatar
    *Makes light saber sound effects to herself*

Thanks Phat! How'd you know my favorite color is purple?

I must say, I am terribly impressed by the caliber of trivia in here this afternooon - WAY out of my league.

Ok, I think I can answer this....however, I can't think of a question right now, so whoever wants to ask a question should feel free.

I have heard 2 different descriptions on these trophys. The first is that they are wookie pelts/scalps from wookies Boba Fett has killed. the other is that they are the braids of padawan jedi's that Boba Fett has killed.

Quick side note for all you Star Wars geeks like me. Has anyone ever listened to the Star Wars radio drama's that NPR produced years ago? They did one for each of the Episodes IV - VI. They are SOOOOO cool.

I have the complete set on CD. They use the same sound effects from the movies, and C3P0 and if I recall correctly, Luke are voiced by the actors from the movies(Anthony Daniels and Mark Hamill). John Lithgow does the voice of Yoda in ESB, but I don't think there are any famous voices in ROTJ.

Anyway, I learned a lot of my backstory knowledge from these.
    Last edited by mrdobolina; 06-03-2005 at 06:56 PM.

Leia-Jakita-Arendt OnMyLunchBreak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina
    Quick side note for all you Star Wars geeks like me. Has anyone ever listened to the Star Wars radio drama's that NPR produced years ago? They did one for each of the Episodes IV - VI. They are SOOOOO cool.
    No, but that sounds VERY cool. Did any of the original actors do any of the voices?

Interesting, MrD! I think I may have heard the padawan theory, myself, as Boba Fett was a notorious Jedi hater. (And now we know why.)

But, sir, Stargazer drew first blood. I was thinking of Wookie scalps. Star, your turn.

(And, OMLB, lucky guess...? The Mace Windu is one of a kind. Who doesn't want the only purple in a duel? )

+ Reply to Thread