+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Trivia

You are correct, Mr. John Henry, steel-drivin' man.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna
    You are correct, Mr. John Henry, steel-drivin' man.
    Not quite, but I do support Mr. Henry's PC.

Query: In which film do we first glimpse the Emperor?
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Why, that's The Empire Strikes Back. A little holographic version, but it's him, nonetheless. (Or, if you mean in terms of the SW timeline, it would be the aptly-named flick, The Phantom Menace. )

True or False: General Grievous is a dark Jedi.

Why, that's The Empire Strikes Back. A little holographic version, but it's him, nonetheless. (Or, if you mean in terms of the SW timeline, it would be the aptly-named flick, The Phantom Menace. )
    Wow. Good answer. (And more thought-out than the question, since it never occurred to me to address the timeline/film release schedule issue.)

True or False: General Grievous is a dark Jedi.
    Let's see: I think Lucas himself has mentioned that inanimate objects cannot feel or channel the Force. A droid is an inanimate object, yet, Grievous seemed to have a heart, if memory serves. Trained in an aggressive Jedi dueling technique...I'm going to say "True"(?).
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Leia-Jakita-Arendt OnMyLunchBreak's Avatar
    I dunno Phat, in RoTS, Grevious himself says (to Obi Wan) that he is merely trained in the ways of the Jedi from Dooku. So, I am going to say "false," due to Greivous' own wording.

Plus, there is no such thing as a Dark Jedi. A Dark Jedi is a Sith, and Grevious could not even be one of those as there can only be one Sith Lord and one Sith Apprentice at any one time. Dooku was Sidious' apprentice, but, to my knowledge, Grevious never was taken on as an apprentice.

Gosh I'm a freak!

Ooh, I've started controversy. I was opting more for OMLB's logic in this instance, as Grievous is part droid and there can only be two Sith at a time at any given moment.

However, Phat, you brought up an interesting point in Grievous's heart (*cue Depeche Mode . . . "There's something beating here inside my body and it's called a heart!" ) That makes things a little tricky. I'd still go more towards "no" as Grievous was not Palpatine's apprentice.

Perhaps a better question would have been "Why the heck is Grievous coughing all the time?"

Your turn, OMLB.

Leia-Jakita-Arendt OnMyLunchBreak's Avatar
    Perhaps a better question would have been "Why the heck is Grievous coughing all the time?"
    Well, you try having a heart but no lungs, things are bound to go awry! (Methinks a sound designer got too creative for his own good?)

Your turn, OMLB.
    Name the three characters in the new trilogy who have fought with more than one light saber? (Hint: one of them started with one but it got broken into two)

That would be Darth Maul with his shocking and amazing double-bladed lightsaber (), Anakin with his brief attempt at florentine, and *hack, wheeze* General Grievoussssss with his four-armed self.

What is the name of the droid who runs Jabba the Hutt's boiler room?

Dang it! It's right on the tip of my tongue (or fingers, as the case may be). GRRRRRRR. Why can't I remember?

ETA: I looked it up, it was driving me so crazy.. I'm not going to answer, of course, but I feel much better now.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I haven't a clue.

+ Reply to Thread