+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which celebrities/newsmakers would you vote off the island?

Re: Which celebrities/newsmakers would you vote off the island?

Off the Island? How about...

--Don Imus AND Al Sharpton (they can share a double room at the losers lounge)
    --Those talking heads/commentators (Neal Boortz, John Derbyshire) who wrote the other day about how how disappointing it was to them that the Virginia Tech kids didn't rush the VT gunman (actually I want these commentators off the planet, not just the Island).
    --Howard K. Stern. Yeah, I know he's won a lot of people over lately, but I still don't like the guy. At best, he's been gracious in defeat, but I think that was for appearance's sake. Virgie Arthur of course deserves to be booted right with him.
    --Michael Jackson appears to be common on this kind of list. But how about adding the people who keep making apologies for him? His way shouldn't be smoothed--he forfeited the right to that a long time ago. Even if he's innocent and pure as new snow from any molestation charges, MJ self-destructively kept on doing questionable things, and the apologies and enabling of that kind of crap continued. And now that some time has passed, he wants to built a 50 foot robot version of himself to roam around the deserts of Nevada while he performs in Vegas? And to that end he's got a lot of prominent people helping him with his next "comeback" album? Why?
    --Sanjaya. I'm sorry, I'm in the camp who saw a smirking egotist, not some poor kid caught up in his own fame. I guess being voted off Idol is CLOSE to being voted off the Island... but he will be back. And we all know it.
    --Mel Gibson. Yeah, he's been quiet since his latest crappy film didn't win any major Oscars. But he's just lurking, waiting to pounce on us again with some new manifestation of his enormous ego.
    --Tom and Katie Cruise. She had my sympathy for a while, but its been eked away a bit. She's willingly put herself in this position and seemingly made no effort to escape the looney. Tom's going to leave the planet some day anyway, so leaving our figurative Island is no great sacrifice previous to that.
    --Posh and Becks. Well, they've already kind of been voted off an Island. Nobody in the U.K. wanted them anymore, so why should we have to take them?
    --Dick Cheney. I won't rail about George Bush or the rest of the current administration. But Cheney particularly gets my goat. Its not his politics per se, its just the man himself and what appear to be his personal lack of ethics.
    --Another "pair" who needs to be locked in a loser lounge together away from us... Donald Trump AND Rosie O'Donnell. Heck, they can take Babs Walters and Elizabeth too. Joy Behar can stay--I actually kind of like her.
    --That Mark Steines "reporter" on "Entertainment Tonight". You all know the guy... he's the one who during the height of the Anna Nichole affair, cranked out every single report into some insanely bent and biased "inside look at their pain", and he seems to continue to do that with any story he's given. He's a hack of the worst type.
    Last edited by Krom; 04-19-2007 at 12:33 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Angelina Jolie
    Brad Pitt
    Britney Spears
    Vanessa Minnillo
    Paula Abdul
    Regis Philbin
    Kelly Ripa
    Nicole Kidman
    Clay Aiken
    Carrie Underwood
    Hillary Clinton
    Bill Clinton
    Eva Longoria & The other Desperate House Ho's

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

The Simpson and Hilton sisters
    Nicole Richie

Given recent events with the two of them, as well as their whole history, it seems that BOTH Alec Baldwin AND his ex-wife Kim Basinger should get the boot, and hard. Also, whichever lawyer on her team actually leaked that phone call can book the seat behind them on the flight out...

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fanatic

Halle Berry...sorry cannot stand one more of her poor me I'm a victim stories...

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Michael Richards

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123