+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Overly Useless Trivia Game

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    I want to say I was a little bit tougher on the scores from this round. The first section was one point PER answer. One for the Show, and if asked one for the band or person performing it (or band/person who made the song famous before it was used on a show) Second section.. it was 1 point for the FULL correct answer unless otherwise stated after the question how much it was worth. So yes, some had 2 part answers but worth only one point. I just wanted to clear this up.. since it was posted way back that in the future I would stop listing all points possible for a question.

Also to note.. in the last few rounds your answer MUST match mine exactly.. I DID give credit this round for anyone listing the right answer somewhere in their reply (Such as American Dreams - Emerson Hart and Nichole Hart.. the answers I would have accepted were Tonic or Emerson Hart since Nicole Hart did not perform it). I do try to be as detailed as I can in what I am asking for and as stated.. you can always ask me any questions you have before you submit

Ok that being said.. here are the results for round 6

FunnyGirl - 78
    PSi - 74
    AIW - 73
    Weather Girl - 59
    Coksy - 56
    cadcmmngs - 56
    BHanson - 0
    Veronica -0

Next round is an elimination round.. and should be posted this weekend. Any score disputes.. please PM me

ALSO, if bhanson and veronica dont submit answers.. it is a 3 person eliminaton.
    Last edited by FireWoman; 02-25-2005 at 08:36 AM.

Round 6.. this is a NON-Elimination round:

I will give you a line (most times the opening line) of a TV Theme song.. give me the show:

1. "Show me that smile again, don’t waste another minute on your crying.”
    Growing Pains
    2. “They're creepy and they're kooky Mysterious and spooky They're all together ooky”
    The Adams Family
    3. “You're all invited back next week to this locality”
    The Beverly Hillbillies
    4. “Fish don’t fry in the kitchen Beans don’t burn on the grill Took a whole lotta t-ry-ing Just to get up that hill”
    The Jefferson’s
    5. “Here's a story, Of a lovely lady,”
    The Brady Bunch
    6. “Making your way in the world today Takes everything you've got; Taking a break from all your worries Sure would help a lot.”
    Cheer’s
    7. “Now, the world don't move to the beat of just one drum, What might be right for you, may not be right for some”
    Different Strokes
    8. “Just two good old boys Couldn't change if they could. Fightin' the system like two modern-day Robin Hoods”
    The Dukes of Hazzard *W. Jennings
    9. “I bet we've been together- for a million years, And I'll bet we'll be together for a million more.”
    Family Ties
    10. “You take the good, You take the bad”
    Facts of Life
    11. “So no one told you life gonna be this way Your job's a joke You're broke Your lovelife's DOA”
    Friends *The Rembrandts
    12. “Thank you for being a friend, Traveled down the road and back again.”
    The Golden Girls, *A. Gold
    13. “If what doesn't kill us is making us stronger, Were gonna last longer,”
    Roseanne
    14. “My roots are planted in the past And though my life is changing fast Who I am is who I wanna be”
    Reba, sung by Reba
    15. “I don't want to wait for our lives to be over, I want to know right now what will it be”
    Dawson’s Creek *Paula Cole
    16. “Streaks on the china, never mattered before, who cares.” Mr Belvadeer, Leon RedBone
    17. “She was working in a bridal shop in Flushing, Queens, Til her boyfriend kicked her out in one of those crushing scenes”
    The Nanny
    18. “There are places I’ll remember all my life Though some have changed”
    Providence *The Beatles
    19. “I've been down this road, Walking the line that's painted by pride”
    Aley McBeal *Vonda Shepard
    20. “Yes, No, Maybe, I don't know, Can you repeat the question?”
    Malcom in the Middle * They Might Be Giants
    21. “He’s gainin’ on you so you better look alive He’s busy revvin’ up a powerful Mach 5”
    Speed Racer
    22. “Look at what's happened to me, I can't believe it myself. Suddenly I'm up on top of the world, It should've been somebody else”
    The Greatest American Hero
    23. “Some walk by night, Some fly by day, Nothing could change you, Set and sure of the way.”
    Moonlighting
    24. “When in the springtime of the year When the trees are crowned with leaves When the ash and oak, and the birch and yew Are dressed in ribbons fair” Legacy, Lorenna McKennett
    25. “La, la, la, la, la, la Sing a happy song La, la, la, la, la, la”
    The Smurfs (Sorry I had to)
    26. “It's time to play the music It's time to light the lights”
    The Muppets Show
    27. “How do you talk to an angel? How do you hold her close to where you are?”
    The Heights *Jamie Walters
    28. “Boy the way Glen Miller played Songs that made the hit parade.”
    All in the Family
    29. “Hangin' out Down the street The same old thing We did last week”
    That 70s Show *Cheep Trick
    30. “You're coming up like a flower You're coming up through the cracks that live round here Everybody knows we have no fear”
    American Dreams *Emerson Hart (Yes I use this show a lot.. I LOVE this show everyone should watch it.. and I LOVE tonic who did the song.. Emmerson Heart of Tonic.. I’d have taken BOTH answers)

ALSO: Any of the songs in bold.. have a pretty famous person or band performing them give the band or person.

1. What are the first names of Starsky and Hutch, on the show of the same name? Dave and Ken (1)
    2. What is the name of Sponge Bob's pet snail? Gary (1)
    3. Which patron on "Cheers" has a key to the bar? Norm (1)
    4. Name every actress who played an 'angel' on Charlie's Angels.(6)
    Farrah Fawcett, Kate Jackson, Jaclyn Smith,
    Cheryl Ladd, Shelley Hack, Tanya Roberts

5. Name all of the Bradford on Eight is Enough.(8)
    David, Mary, Joni, Susan, Nancy, Tommy, Elizabeth, Nicholas
    6. Who killed Laura Palmer on Twin Peaks? (1)
    Her father, Leland Palmer
    7. In Save by the Bell, what were Zack and Kelly dressed up as the night they broke up?
    Romeo and Juliet(1)
    8. What are Ren and Stimpy's last names? Renwick Höek & stimpson Cadoogan (Stimpson "Stimpy" J. Cat) Both are accepted.(1)
    9. Marge Simpson has the same maiden name as a former First Lady. Name the former First Lady and the name. Jackie Kennedy. Both Marge Simpson and Jackie Kennedy had the maiden name of Bouvier (1)
    10. What was the name of the dog in Fraggle Rock? Sprocket (1)
    11. What were the names of the four main characters of the Facts of Life? (full names spelling doesn’t count.. and real names.. not just nick names) And the actresses that played them. (8 pts)
    Jo Polniaczek, Blair Warner, Natalie Green, Dorothy "Tootie" Ramsey
    Nancy McKeanon, Lisa Welchael, Mindy Cohan, Kim Fields

12. On One Day at a Time, what were the two daughter's names? Who played them. (4 pts) Valerie Bertinelli - Barbara Cooper Royer
    Mackenzie Phillips - Julie Cooper Horvath
    AND I SO wanted to give an extra point to whoever it waws that said Valerie Bertinelli Van Halen But i was fair hehe.
    13. The first female guest host of "Saturday Night Live" was who? Candace Bergen (1)
    14. MTV first aired at 12:01 AM on August 1, 1981. The first video was what? "Video Killed the Radio Star" by the Buggles. (1)
    15. What was Lucy Ricardo's maiden name on I Love Lucy? MacGillicuddy (1)
    16. Name all the Hosts of NBC's "The Tonight Show", in order
    Steve Allen, Lack Lescoulie, Jack Paar, Johnny Carson, and Jay Leno(1)

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman
    15. “I don't want to wait for our lives to be over, I want to know right now what will it be”
    Dawson’s Creek *Paula Cole
    Oh My God!!! How did I get this one wrong???

I knew that theme song by heart and sang it with the show for every episode, and every rerun I watched!!!!! I can't believe I forgot!!! :rolleyes
    Wrigleys Doublemint Gum....double your pleasure, double your fun!

14. “My roots are planted in the past And though my life is changing fast Who I am is who I wanna be”
    Reba, sung by Reba
    Don't know if this matters but #14 didn't call for a singer when you gave us the questions.

no it didnt that was how i had it before i posted (I changed it) it didnt matterin points.

wow. i actually beat my mom by like...3 points or something........COOL! haha

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman
    Ok here it is.. kind of an odd round.. but i had fun on the phone with my best friend making it up.. she wanted me to sing all of the first part to her.. and no, i can NOT sing

Round 6.. this is a NON-Elimination round:

I will give you a line (most times the opening line) of a TV Theme song.. give me the show:

1. “Show me that smile again, don’t waste another minute on your crying.” Growing Pains
    2. “They're creepy and they're kooky Mysterious and spooky They're all together ooky”The Addams Family
    3. “You're all invited back next week to this locality”
    4. “Fish don’t fry in the kitchen Beans don’t burn on the grill Took a whole lotta t-ry-ing Just to get up that hill” The Jeffersons
    5. “Here's a story, Of a lovely lady,” The Brady Bunch
    6. “Making your way in the world today Takes everything you've got; Taking a break from all your worries Sure would help a lot.”Cheers... I think our friend FireWoman has a Cheers obsession
    7. “Now, the world don't move to the beat of just one drum, What might be right for you, may not be right for some” Different Strokes
    8. “Just two good old boys Couldn't change if they could. Fightin' the system like two modern-day Robin Hoods” Dukes of Hazzard????
    9. “I bet we've been together- for a million years, And I'll bet we'll be together for a million more.” Family Ties
    10. “You take the good, You take the bad” Facts of Life
    11. “So no one told you life gonna be this way Your job's a joke You're broke Your lovelife's DOA” Friends
    12. “Thank you for being a friend, Traveled down the road and back again.”
    Golden Girls
    13. “If what doesn't kill us is making us stronger, Were gonna last longer,”
    15. “I don't want to wait for our lives to be over, I want to know right now what will it be” Dawson's Creek
    16. “Streaks on the china, never mattered before, who cares.” Mr. Belvidere
    17. “She was working in a bridal shop in Flushing, Queens, Til her boyfriend kicked her out in one of those crushing scenes” The Nanny
    18. “There are places I’ll remember all my life Though some have changed” Original band for second part of answer. I only know the band, the Beatles
    19. “I've been down this road, Walking the line that's painted by pride”
    20. “Yes, No, Maybe, I don't know, Can you repeat the question?”
    21. “He’s gainin’ on you so you better look alive He’s busy revvin’ up a powerful Mach 5”
    22. “Look at what's happened to me, I can't believe it myself. Suddenly I'm up on top of the world, It should've been somebody else” Greatest American Hero
    23. “Some walk by night, Some fly by day, Nothing could change you, Set and sure of the way.” Moonlighting (ahhh... Bruce!)
    24. “When in the springtime of the year When the trees are crowned with leaves When the ash and oak, and the birch and yew Are dressed in ribbons fair”
    25. “La, la, la, la, la, la Sing a happy song La, la, la, la, la, la” Partridge Family
    26. “It's time to play the music It's time to light the lights”
    27. “How do you talk to an angel? How do you hold her close to where you are?” The Heights
    28. “Boy the way Glen Miller played Songs that made the hit parade.” All in the Family
    29. “Hangin' out Down the street The same old thing We did last week” That 70s Show
    30. “You're coming up like a flower You're coming up through the cracks that live round here Everybody knows we have no fear”

ALSO: Any of the songs in bold.. have a pretty famous person or band performing them give the band or person. Or in some cases the band that preformed the Original version (as in numbers:18 and 12)

1.What are the first names of Starsky and Hutch, on the show of the same name?
    2. What is the name of Sponge Bob's pet snail? Gary
    3. Which patron on "Cheers" has a key to the bar?
    4. Name every actress who played an 'angel' on Charlie's Angels.(6) Farah Fawcett, Jane Somebody, and what's her head
    5. Name all of the Bradford on Eight is Enough.(8)
    6. Who killed Laura Palmer on Twin Peaks?
    7. In Save by the Bell, what were Zack and Kelly dressed up as the night they broke up?
    8. What are Ren and Stimpy's last names?
    9. Marge Simpson has the same maiden name as a former First Lady. Name the former First Lady and the name.
    10. What was the name of the dog in Fraggle Rock?
    11. What were the names of the four main characters of the Facts of Life? (full names spelling doesn’t count.. and real names.. not just nick names) And the actresses that played them. (8 pts) Josephine "Jo" Polnacek, Blair Warner, Natalie Green, Dorothy "Tootie" something
    12. On One Day at a Time, what were the two daughter's names? Who played them. (4 pts) Valerie Bertinelli (Barbara) and Mackenzie Phillips
    13. The first female guest host of "Saturday Night Live" was who?
    14. MTV first aired at 12:01 AM on August 1, 1981. The first video was what? Video killed the Radio Star by the Buggles
    15. What was Lucy Ricardo's maiden name on I Love Lucy? Lucille Esmeralda McGillicuddy16. Name all the Hosts of NBC's "The Tonight Show", in order. Jack Paar, Johnny Carson, Jay Leno

You have till Tuesday midnight. If you have any questions please post them in the thread. When answering them, its easier if you cut/paste and put your answer after the question in bold or colored type. Good Luck all!! And feel free to look what every you dont know up..
    Can I answer now??? And not be counted, just for the sake of playing the game, I did not look ahead, and I will not look up, just answer what I can. Theme songs are something I'm good at identifying and busting out with for no apparent reason and I'd like to take a test just for my own satisfaction.

ETA: I did pretty okay! Please don't eliminate me (just saw that message now, I made a point to say I was going to be away for at least a week!
    Last edited by VeronicaBelle27; 02-28-2005 at 12:28 PM.
    Could does not mean should

I tried to let it go longer.. i felt bad not being able to get them to you sooner.. if no one objects you can use the score from the first round (That i was going to use for tie breakers in the end) as your score fro this round.. that would give you 22 points going in to the elimination round.. its not much but better then 0 If i counted right.. you got 29 for what you posted here lol. only a diff of 5

ROUND 7

This is an elimination round..

Ok here we go…

I will give you the Identity of a superhero or one of the Famous Villains they fight.. give me their real name:

Cyclops
    The Joker
    Daredevil
    The Punisher
    The Wonder Twins
    Superman
    Batman
    The Penguin
    Spiderman
    Storm (x-men)
    Wonder Woman
    The Green Goblin
    Doctor Octopus
    Robin
    The Hulk
    Catwoman

Everything in 2’s:

I will give you either the Character name.. list the 2 actors that played them or I will give you 2 actors.. give me the character they BOTH played of the same name.

Dick York & Dick Sergent
    Aunt Vivian Banks
    George Lazenby & Timothy Dalton
    Becky Conner
    Ben Affleck & Alec Baldwin
    Lacy Chabert & Mila Kunis
    Val Kilmer & Christian Bale
    Michael Rosenbaum & Gene Hackman
    John Cleese & Desmond Llewelyn
    Agent Clarice Starling

I’ll give you the show, give me the family pet or pets as the case may be  on this show

Married with Children
    Sabrina, The Teenage Witch
    Punky Brewster
    The Simpsons
    The Brady Bunch
    Mad About You
    Miami Vice
    Caroline in the City
    The Anna Nicole Show
    Baretta
    Little House on the Prairie
    The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius
    Green Acres
    The Flintstones (BOTH family pets for them and the Rubbles)
    Frasier
    Friends
    The Drew Carey Show
    Star Trek: The Next Generation
    Magnum PI
    I Love Lucy

Ok.. now on to the special Weird Al section.. yes I know I’m sadistic

I will give you the song HE did.. give me the song it was a parody of and the band or persons that had the Original:

Like a Surgeon
    Spam
    The Saga Begins
    Pretty Fly For A Rabbi
    Constipated
    Jerry Springer
    Grapefruit Diet
    Dog Eat Dog
    Another One Rides The Bus
    Livin' In The Fridge
    King Of Suede
    I Want a New Duck
    Lasagna
    Girls Just Want to Have Lunch
    Jurassic Park
    Stop Draggin' My Car Around
    Ricky
    Amish Paradise
    Yoda
    My Bologna
    Gump
    I Think I'm a Clone Now
    Fat
    Taco Grande
    Addicted To Spuds
    Bedrock Anthem
    I love Rocky Road
    I Lost on Jeopardy
    Living with a Hernia

You have till Thursday again.. I will post scores and Answers on Friday or Saturday and have a new round up on Monday... as always.. post or PM me ANY questions Good Luck!!

Yes you can look them up again.. also as posted after last round.. you must give me only one answer unless i ask for more..and it must match mine. No list of guesses

BHanson had a family crisis (saw him post this on another thread) but he's back now and I'm sure will be posting here, too.

+ Reply to Thread