+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Survivor: Indigenous People

PSi
    Don't say you're shutting it down.....just say the network dropped it due to low ratings and an everchanging schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Burntcrow
    say it ain't so!
    That's not to say that I'm quitting, but rather it sounds like KaiProbst is. If the game resumes I'll be back.

Like Vonner, I'm accepting the fact that you are stopping the game Kai, but if you start it again then I'll play again
    Wrigleys Doublemint Gum....double your pleasure, double your fun!

I didn't mean to make this a big ordeal, but it was tremendously hard to stay with this because the challenges were sporadic and poorly organized. No offense Kai, but you make it difficult for all of us to participate as a tribe in the challenges and therefore somebody gets booted because they were unavailable for consultation or couldn't respond in time. I don't think I was able to help either tribe I was on at any of the challenges because they were rarely when they were supposed to be or the rules were confusing. It just wasn't as fun as it could have been.

I also think that you and Madonniac need to make peace with this. You were both arguing through frustration and it came acrossed all wrong on both ends. I've enjoyed playing these games with both of you and that's why I continue to sign up for them. We have our arguments, but in the end we kiss and make up and figure out how to make it better next time.

Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422

I also think that you and Madonniac need to make peace with this.

Me too! I both you guys! Please let's get along and play nice. I really don't think Madonnic ment to make you angry. She was just confused and upset.
    Here comes Avery! April 10, 2006

I'm not mad, I just think the same thing that FunnyGirl does. Poorly organized and all.

Other forums I participate on can handle people's strongly voiced opinions (here is where I'm rude and obnoxious, I know). Just figured with the "freedom of speech" and all that you could handle seeing it in black and white.

I'm not a person who can sit around and wait for other people to say things. I'll say what I'm feeling, it's my best and worst personality trait and I accept that. I do apologize for how you feel about it, but I don't take back a thing I said. And if you did decide to resume with the game, I'd still play.
    You are who you are...and I wouldn't want to change a thing...- Madonna

Quote Originally Posted by madonniac
    Other forums I participate on can handle people's strongly voiced opinions (here is where I'm rude and obnoxious, I know). Just figured with the "freedom of speech" and all that you could handle seeing it in black and white.

I'm not a person who can sit around and wait for other people to say things. I'll say what I'm feeling, it's my best and worst personality trait and I accept that. I do apologize for how you feel about it, but I don't take back a thing I said. And if you did decide to resume with the game, I'd still play.
    I love and embrace your up front/no bs approach to things. Don't confuse "freedom of speech" with the right to voice an opinion. That's what the Fort is for, however, attacking each other in a live thread probably not the coolest way to go about it though it makes us like those "other" sites ::shudder::

I hope Kai can get it all together (mostly personal life, I know how it can be Kai, I've been there myself lately ) and reorganize the game. I love this idea of teams working together on a challenge and I had fun hanging out with my team, but it's something that has to keep moving and run on a pretty tight schedule or things are going to get out of hand like this.

Maybe Burnt or even Bored or AI can help out Kai with some ideas for making this work better.

Kai, I hope you don't stay mad too long and come back to the Fort and rejoin us in the F&G room.

Kai, why don't you take some time off, then try to reorganize this game and lay it all out before opening auditions. The theme and challenges were really interesting and with just more organization you would have a great game. I'm sure a lot of us will still be here in a few weeks ready to try your game again if that's the time you need
    Wrigleys Doublemint Gum....double your pleasure, double your fun!

Sorry to butt in, but I do have sympathy for Kai, because running a game is quite hard. It may just look like posting infomation, but you have to come up with the challenges, come up with the time to do the things, as well as many other things.

For some challenges in my past game I would come up with the challenges on the spot, and that was hard. For my next game, I am making sure I have everything done so I don't have too much work when the game starts. That's what I think Kai should do. Take the time to create the challenges so when he needs them he can just copy and paste them from Microsoft Word into the thread. I say take a break and do that. Then when the game starts it will be fluid.

Another thing! Follow deadlines. Don't extend deadlines by any means and if something needs to be handed in on time, try to have it done on that time.

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar

Honestly, some of the people playing this game made it worse, not checking the thread, going missing, quitting, not doing the challenges. A game can't run well without active players. It makes it hard on the ones who actually care and the host.

+ Reply to Thread