+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Survivor: Indigenous People

As for the issue of time, I agree with kai that taking a break for Christmas was the way to go and that finishing before that was impossible. BUT I also agree with everyone else that when you say you are going to post a challenge at a certain time, or the results of a challenge/vote at a certain time, then you need to do it. We can understand some things coming up unexpectadely once in a while, but not almost every time.
    Wrigleys Doublemint Gum....double your pleasure, double your fun!

Quote Originally Posted by coksy
    Maybe, but then we offered two possible answers with good explanations. It's not our fault if there are some mistakes in the words and I don't want to lose a point for that since I think we should get points for the words no matter if we decide the C means B or S.
    B S is right!
    Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    I think I'm going to jump in Zaaam's canoe and head to the other side of the island and wait for civilation to come and pick me up. Sorry guys, but the fun is out of it for me. Good luck to the rest of you.
    Hop in Funnygirl, lets go have some fun
    <---look how fun she is after a few drinks
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

Wow, this has turned into Survivor: All-Stars in a quick hurry.

PSi
    I'm with Madonniac on this one, this isn't right, but i don't see the point, funnygirl, in just taking your ball and going home. That's really uncalled for.

Also cosky, i, like most of us, figured out what it said (other than ubtly) but i didn't change the direct translation. like i vented before, i'd rather blatently point out Kai's grevious errors on this one. Why cover it up? Both teams should get points for his dumbassedness. If it says "tnh" then it's "tnh" not "ten." Sure, it's "The cherokee tribe lived justly in ten southern states. the tribe invented their language (which contained 86 characters):

but what it ACTUALLY says and what we should get points for is "The Cherokee Tribe lived jubtly in tnh bouthern united. The tribe invented their own language (which contained eighty bix characerb)." If you're not ...with it enough... to double check what you're sending out then it's not our fault if we call you on it.
    Last edited by PSi; 01-26-2005 at 07:08 PM.

Oh I agree with you in pointing Kai's mistakes to him. I was just saying that there are two possibilities to the letter C, the one you pointed out (C=B) which gives us the word tribe right, or mine (C=S) wichi instead gives us six, southern and characters right.
    Wrigleys Doublemint Gum....double your pleasure, double your fun!

PSi
    The Cherokee Trise ?

Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    You allege you have a lot of "homework" but I noticed it hasn't affected your game play in The Apprentice game. If you would have had the game figured out before you started playing, it wouldn't have taken this long.
    Actually, FG, you can see that I haven't been active in the Apprentice game since Friday, but I see your point anyway. But I don't appreciate the insinuation that I was "avoiding" this game, because you can see that whenever I was absent from here, I was absent from the FORT altogether.

Madonniac, you on the other hand were not being "blunt" you were being rude and obnoxious. It IS possible to be blunt without being rude, both Funnygirl and Psi have done it.

Still, you do have a point. I wasn't prepared to run this game. I should have mapped out all of the challenges beforehand, but in my defense I didn't forsee all of the events that happened in the last couple of months (family members dying, loads of school work, etc) and I thought that I would have time do it. But that is not a good excuse. Because of all of these things (combined with the fact that two people have now quit), I'm afraid that this game has to shut down. I'm just not a point where I can run it effectively. Thank you to everyone who continued to play in spite of all the delays, and sorry that I wasted your time.
    Shows I'm Watching: The Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Battle of the Sexes 2, Survivor: Vanuatu, The Apprentice 2, The Real World: Philidelphia

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai5925
    Actually, FG, you can see that I haven't been active in the Apprentice game since Friday, but I see your point anyway. But I don't appreciate the insinuation that I was "avoiding" this game, because you can see that whenever I was absent from here, I was absent from the FORT altogether.

Madonniac, you on the other hand were not being "blunt" you were being rude and obnoxious. It IS possible to be blunt without being rude, both Funnygirl and Psi have done it.

Still, you do have a point. I wasn't prepared to run this game. I should have mapped out all of the challenges beforehand, but in my defense I didn't forsee all of the events that happened in the last couple of months (family members dying, loads of school work, etc) and I thought that I would have time do it. But that is not a good excuse. Because of all of these things (combined with the fact that two people have now quit), I'm afraid that this game has to shut down. I'm just not a point where I can run it effectively. Thank you to everyone who continued to play in spite of all the delays, and sorry that I wasted your time.
    Kai, you don't have to quit too. Running games is hard, but you have to work with the time you have. Atleast funnygirl and Zaaam anounced their departure. Some players in my game didn't even have the decency to let me know...cough cough chris...and that is just worse...I hope you aren't closing it down because you have some non-believers, but because you truly can't continue yourself.

* as the choppper picks up the remaining contestants *

* to the island *

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonner

* as the choppper picks up the remaining contestants *

* to the island *
    say it ain't so!

+ Reply to Thread