+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Survivor: Indigenous People

Quote Originally Posted by madonniac
    This game is entirely too lengthy and drawn out. One challenge is taking two weeks.
    Madonniac, I wasn't going to say anything to you, but you are starting to annoy me. I'm sorry that I have a lot of school work (even though that is my responsibility to do and I should make time for this). But, before you became so adamant to play this game, maybe you should have done some research. Bored's BB game started in June and ended this month. Burnt's school game has taken a few months. How long did you think this game was going to take? I was shocked when you asked me if we could finish the game before Christmas. I was also shocked when you mentioned that you were annoyed because the game took a break for Christmas- the only reason the break happened was because I got PMs saying that people wouldn't be around. If you noticed, many of the other games also took breaks. People had things to do, it was a HOLIDAY, but I'm sure that you didn't take that into consideration. I'm really curious as to how long you thought the game would take. Now, I know that I have been behind on posting challenges (and I will try to fix that in the future), but you could you possibly be a little less obnoxious? Thank you.

Iroqouis Tribe: I will not tell you your score until after you the Cherokee Tribe finishes their portion of the challenge. Cherokee, here is your cryptogram:

Byl sylztnll bzrcl wrelp qgcbwu rh bhy ctgbylzh ghrblp. Byl bzrcl rhelhblp bylrz tvh wfhogfol (vyrsy sthbfrhlp lroybu crd syfzfsblzc).
    Shows I'm Watching: The Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Battle of the Sexes 2, Survivor: Vanuatu, The Apprentice 2, The Real World: Philidelphia

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar
    sylztnll - This has to be cherokee

if sylztnll is cherokee...........the last word in the cryptogram has enough letters decoded to make out characters out of ch_r_c_er_

This makes sense, because it would make the first word "THE"

Edit - now it doesn't make sense as some words aren't making sense....
    Last edited by Burntcrow; 01-25-2005 at 10:17 PM.

PSi
    Here it is.

Byl sylztnll bzrcl wrelp qgcbwu rh bhy ctgbylzh ghrblp. Byl bzrcl rhelhblp bylrz tvh wfhogfol (vyrsy sthbfrhlp lroybu crd syfzfsblzc).

The Cherokee Tribe lived _UBTLY in tnh bouthern united. The tribe invented their own language (which contained eighty bix characerb)

A =
    B = T
    C = B
    D = X
    E = V
    F = A
    G = U
    H = N
    I =
    J =
    K =
    L = E
    M =
    N = K
    O = G
    P = D
    Q =
    R = I
    S = C
    T = O
    U =
    V = W
    W = L
    X =
    Y = H
    Z = R

This is what i got. i cant' figure out that one letter as there's nothing in there. . . and that is how it translates exactly.

*vents* HORRIBLE MISSION IMO. If you're gonna do stuff, at least spell everything right. I had to guess "six" becuase Eighty bi .. it can't be "bit" or "big" .....at least spell this stuff right...seriously.
    *vent over*

Ok team. if you figure out that one letter. . .i might have gotten something wrong, so please double check.

PSi

Quote Originally Posted by Kai5925
    Madonniac, I wasn't going to say anything to you, but you are starting to annoy me. I'm sorry that I have a lot of school work (even though that is my responsibility to do and I should make time for this). But, before you became so adamant to play this game, maybe you should have done some research. Bored's BB game started in June and ended this month. Burnt's school game has taken a few months. How long did you think this game was going to take? I was shocked when you asked me if we could finish the game before Christmas. I was also shocked when you mentioned that you were annoyed because the game took a break for Christmas- the only reason the break happened was because I got PMs saying that people wouldn't be around. If you noticed, many of the other games also took breaks. People had things to do, it was a HOLIDAY, but I'm sure that you didn't take that into consideration. I'm really curious as to how long you thought the game would take. Now, I know that I have been behind on posting challenges (and I will try to fix that in the future), but you could you possibly be a little less obnoxious? Thank you.
    ooh, I don't know if I can handle that. I don't know if it's being obnoxious or blunt that's your problem with me.

Others are beating around the bush about this. If you can't read between the lines, that's what they are saying. You're jumping down on me when others have used subtlety. You didn't attack others when they posted...

Admittedly, this is my first game, but when you say challenges will be over after a certain time and two days later results/new challenges are posted...I begin to wonder.

And the comment about me being adamant to play. I made one comment about joining. You allowed me to take a quitter's spot. Adamant was not the word. Had I been adamant, the thread to want to join would have been as long as this.

And in the future, I would appreciate something like this in a PM.

Thank You
    Last edited by madonniac; 01-25-2005 at 11:25 PM.
    You are who you are...and I wouldn't want to change a thing...- Madonna

Twist

Vonner, didnt know that since the beginning we were waitin for someone to screw up a name, since vonner mentioned chris, he has been brought back into the game.
    Interested in Titanic the game? click the link and watch this completely origional game play out. click here

The Cherokee Trise lived _UsTLY in tnh southern united. The trise invented their own language (which contained eighty six characters)

A =
    B = T
    C = S
    D = X
    E = V
    F = A
    G = U
    H = N
    I =
    J =
    K =
    L = E
    M =
    N = K
    O = G
    P = D
    Q =
    R = I
    S = C
    T = O
    U =
    V = W
    W = L
    X =
    Y = H
    Z = R

If we make the C mean S instead of B then we get other words right instead of TRIBE and that word that stumped you PSI (BIX) could then be SIX. Also PSI you forgot to put the T in characters
    Wrigleys Doublemint Gum....double your pleasure, double your fun!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdevine
    Vonner, didnt know that since the beginning we were waitin for someone to screw up a name, since vonner mentioned chris, he has been brought back into the game.

???

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar
    Hey tribe, what if we ask for a word, instead of risking having half of them wrong? Just a thought....we could ask for the third word, which if is tribe, could lead to a better understanding of the cryptogram....or we could ask for characters.

Quote Originally Posted by madonniac
    Others are beating around the bush about this. If you can't read between the lines, that's what they are saying. You're jumping down on me when others have used subtlety. You didn't attack others when they posted...
    You're absolutely right madonniac. Kai, you've been dragging your feet before and after the holidays. This task alone has taken far too long. You allege you have a lot of "homework" but I noticed it hasn't affected your game play in The Apprentice game. If you would have had the game figured out before you started playing, it wouldn't have taken this long.

I think I'm going to jump in Zaaam's canoe and head to the other side of the island and wait for civilation to come and pick me up. Sorry guys, but the fun is out of it for me. Good luck to the rest of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Burntcrow
    Hey tribe, what if we ask for a word, instead of risking having half of them wrong? Just a thought....we could ask for the third word, which if is tribe, could lead to a better understanding of the cryptogram....or we could ask for characters.
    Maybe, but then we offered two possible answers with good explanations. It's not our fault if there are some mistakes in the words and I don't want to lose a point for that since I think we should get points for the words no matter if we decide the C means B or S.

+ Reply to Thread