+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 98 FirstFirst ... 4080818283848586878889909192939495969798 LastLast

Thread: School House Rock

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar

Morning Everyone!

Thanks ADK! *tear*

Here is how it's going to go----
    Writing- 20 points(5 bonus points if student entry wins)
    Mum-20points(5 bonus points if student entry wins)
    Band Performance-20 points(5 bonus points if student entry wins)
    Final Activity-40 points(Endless possibility of bonus points)

I will reveal the 3 winning entries at this moment----and after that I will post the final activity!!! Woohoo!

The Winner of the writing activity and now National Merit Scholar is........*drums*PB&Jay- An American Mainstay
    Since its introduction in 1904, peanut butter has become an American mainstay. In the 1940’s, GIs in World War II were given rations of both peanut butter and jelly. Upon their return, the sales of peanut butter and jelly soared, suggesting that this was the birthplace of the PB&J. Since then, Americans have eaten approximately 1,500 PB&Js each, before graduating high school! Now Fort High wants to eliminate the PB&J from our lunch menu? Our lunchroom should continue serving this icon of American gastronomy not only because it is delicious but also affordable and nutritious.

With annual school budget cuts, PB&J sandwiches are an excellent way to help ease the financial burden. Peanut butter and jelly costs less than $0.20 each per serving; bread costs less than $0.13 per serving. That is a total cost of $0.53 per sandwich. Compare this to a hamburger, which can cost up to $0.88 per serving!

Not only are PB&Js inexpensive, they pack a nutritional punch. For example, a hamburger has an average 25 grams of fat (8 saturated) and 425 calories. Conversely, a PB&J has 18 grams of fat (3.5 saturated) and 403 calories. PB&Js have protein, folate, vitamin E, magnesium, and other nutrients associated with reduced risk of heart disease.

Delicious, nutritious, and inexpensive, it is no wonder that the PB&J has become an American icon, intertwined in the childhood memories of many. To remove the PB&J sandwich from our lunch menu would be a travesty some might even call un-American.

Here are some highlights from the homecoming game and dance-
    The Fort Green Toads are leading at halftime 21-20, against the Reality TV World Cursers...can they pull it off?

Half time show- The Band performs an awesome show!!!...here it is (edited)
    Welcome Seniors, Parents, Teachers and Fans to FORT High School's Homecoming 2005! What a first half that was!! Lets hear it for you FORT High Fighting Toads!!
    Are you ready for halftime?! You are in for quite a show!
    (Cue cheer leaders and vocational students: pass out green sparklers and child proof lighters)
    Please notice the FORT High varsity and junior varsity Cheer leaders, along with our FORT High Vocational School are passing out sparklers (use with adult supervision).

(Cue band : enter field playing the FORT High Fight Tune/performance - "Celebration!", Kool and the Gang) Give it up for the Mean Green Marching Toads!! Did you see those formations?

Tonight's homecoming performance is dedicated to the graduating class of 10/27/2004. Our seniors tonight are (please hold your applause until all the students are introduced) Cahalanmac, charliebug, Chrisdevine, Maveno, Starsprite, and Spoose.

The Fort Toads win it 28-26!!! However the reality tv world fans begin to curse and drive the forters away......oh well...off to the homecoming dance!!!

..and our homecoming queen is.......CharlieBug!!! Congrats....

*There she goes....la da da di da da da di da daaaaaaaaaaaa*

Here is her winning mum sent in by ADKLove....
    CharlieBug's homecoming mum entry is a lovely 3 mum, over-the-shoulder affair and consists of a green velvet sash, with the homecoming theme (which I cannot remember ) emblazoned in black lettering, upon which rests three 7" mums, in the school colors of (cannabis) green, (hemp) green, and black (in honor of the fallen classmates that no one can remember - this was a Year to Forget after all) with 38" metallic, feather, satin, and, of course, hemp roping and ribbons trailing down, also in black and shades of green.

In lieu of the traditional homecoming emblems of megaphones, footballs, whistles, and helmets, CharlieBug's mum commemorates her beloved classmates (and the others), with tasteful decorations pinned to the ribbons and hemp roping: fast food wrappers, french fries, a Barbie, a tiara, a pair of glasses, a slide rule, peanuts, Coca-Cola pull tabs, a SAG card, a replica of Trumps hairpiece, a gross lunch menu, a picture of Elaine (of Seinfield fame) dancing, rolling papers, 'shrooms and brownies *slaps several classmates' hands away*, and microscopic pictures of the numerous brain cells lost over these many years. Last but certainly not least, a figurine of the infamous Crow (of Batman fame) and a nice shiny apple for her teacher. And finally, as a lovely reminder of the school mascot, we've actually attached him (or her?) at the shoulder, nesting amongst the mums.

Yay Charliebug! Your flowers are gorgeous!
    Here comes Avery! April 10, 2006

Wow! I can't believe it! I feel so honored... *gush*
    First, I'd like to thank ADKLove for this luuurvely mum, my parents for enrolling me in this wonderful school, Mr. Burnt for...........
    EEK! The toad just jumped off the mum and into my dress! That tickles!
    *Runs off stage frantically*

This Is It!!!

It is time for the final (two part) task.
    Here at Fort Independent School District, we value popularity over intelligence, as is evident from our heavy lack of tests and exams. It is for this reason that the final task will not be an Exam, the SAT's or anything like that. If you want to go to college, you can take those on your own time.

Goodbye Speech
    The top four (or five) students will be allowed to present a goodbye speech at the senior prom. Your speech must be a farewell message to the senior class, similar to what a valedictorian might say at graduation. You can include whatever you want, including what you will be wearing, your date, etc, etc.....

The top four students are...cahalanmac, charliebug, chrisdevine, and Maveno in alphabetical order. The reason I mentioned five is because Spoose is welcome to participate and graduate with the remainder of the class. I know for a fact that Starsprite is incredibly busy and will not be able to participate.

The speech is due by Tuesday at 3pm, and MUST be posted in this thread. As soon as everyone has posted their speech, or the deadline comes, I will post part 2 of the final activity, giving us a winner! Good Luck all!

P.S. - The speech is worth a huge 40 points.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Burnt.. I'm going to have to respectfully drop out of high school and offer my apology to you.
    I have too much stuff on my plate at this time (ie; work, other things) for me to continue my studies at School House Rock.

Please understand that I really DID want to continue with this until the end...but I'm having to make a decision to forfeit. I'm sorry.

Good luck to everyone...and rest assure that the next time any of you have to go through a drive thru, I'll be the one handing you the extra large fry. I'll pursue my GED in a few years, after I have my baby and finish moving in with Butch at the trailer.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

No Mav! Don't throw away your education for a trailer and someone named Butch!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Burnt.. I'm going to have to respectfully drop out of high school and offer my apology to you.
    I have too much stuff on my plate at this time (ie; work, other things) for me to continue my studies at School House Rock.

Please understand that I really DID want to continue with this until the end...but I'm having to make a decision to forfeit. I'm sorry.

Good luck to everyone...and rest assure that the next time any of you have to go through a drive thru, I'll be the one handing you the extra large fry. I'll pursue my GED in a few years, after I have my baby and finish moving in with Butch at the trailer.
    No, It's too late to quit! J/k....but Funnygirl turned in a mum for you so you still get to walk...Who knows, with a high school diploma you might be Drive Through Sue's boss one day. I should have known something was up when you had to leave home because of stomach pains and vomiting.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    You're the nicest teach I've ever had.

cahalanmac
    My family has disowned me and kicked me out of thier house, Butch loves me. He really, REALLY does. He said if I move in with him, he'll break up with that biatch from Central H.S., Lindsay. He says he needs to end that anyway, cuz that H.S. has called the cops on him when he'd go pick her up...something about his age. He says it's nothing.. I trust him tho.
    I was pretty upset about Lindsay last night, and he slapped me and said stop it, he LOVES me. I'm glad that he did, cuz I WAS wrong.. I luv him 2!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Oh goodness, Mav! Please don't move in with him. My mom says you can stay with us! Plus, don't you know, trailers are not very safe, especially with a baby on the way. And SLAPS DON'T MEAN LOVE!!

+ Reply to Thread