+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 98 FirstFirst ... 36767778798081828384858687888990919293949596 ... LastLast

Thread: School House Rock

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar

Christmas Talent Show

Welcome everyone to the Chritsmas talent show! Today, 8 students will be performing for you guys, hope you all enjoy it!...

1. First up is the Fort High Animal Lover's Club(FHALC)...enjoy!
    We will be performing a stirring rendition of Enchanting, A Christmas Circus! Our show will include ponies dancing to Christmas carols, dogs doing amazing tricks around the Christmas tree, a tiger leaping through a flaming Christmas wreath, and the best part...Me!
    Since I am also in the Fort High Marching Band, I will be playing a magical number on my piccolo. The piece I have selected is from the Nutcracker Suite. The Fort High Mascot, Ernestine the Elephant, will be accompanying me with a lovely dance from the same Ballet.
    Ms. Ernestine will be wearing a beautiful red and white tutu. The rest of FHALC will be dressed as various elves, fairies, and other magical Christmastime beings. I will be wearing robes of white with red faux fur trimming (no animals harmed!) and large angel wings!
    We have put in many hours of practice and hard work. I hope you will enjoy our performance of Enchanting! A Christmas Circus!

2. Please put you hands together for.......the WHSC (We Help Seniors Club)...
    For the Christmas Talent Show, we will be singing 'grandma got ran over by a reindeer.' Along with singing we will act it out. Our favorite elder, Ms. Schudebacher will play grandma, and two of our heaviest members will be the reindeer. At the end of the song, the reindeers will run over grandma, followed by a great applause from the crowd.

3. Our next peformers are........The Martha Stewart Club!
    We will show how to decorate a small space using only sugar, food dye and whipping cream.

4. Can I get a round of applause.....for the Fort High School Band?....
    For our portion of the Christmas talent show, all of the band members that play percussion are doing our own unique version of “Little Drummer Boy.” Picture this….
    The stage is dark and the audience hears a crystal clear innocent voice singing the classic “Little Drummer Boy” (by CD). The song comes to an end after one verse and one chorus, with just the beat of the drum echoing repeatedly “pom… pom…pom…” The sound of the beating grows louder as the spotlight focuses on the stage and from backstage out comes five of us drummers, dressed all in black, with our own trashcan, pounding it on the floor in unison with each beat of the drum that was previously playing on the CD. Once we are all lined up on stage with our can, we pull our drumsticks out of our back pockets and, one at a time, start playing our own drum solo on the lid of our trashcan. The spotlight is only focused on our arms, hands, and drumsticks. Keeping with the rhythm, we then all play at once, and the spotlight is a different color on each of us – so the only thing you see on stage are drumsticks rapidly beating the trashcans in red, blue, yellow, green, and purple. All of us drummers start chanting in unison “Rom Pom Pom Pom, Playing My Drum” continually while hammering at the cans with a vengeance. The lights then show the whole stage while each of us stomp the floor with our feet and play the sides of the trashcans, until we finally end the performance by picking up the trashcan lids and slamming them back down on top of the cans all at the same time. (If you’ve ever seen Stomp perform, you’ll have a general idea of what kind of percussion arrangement I am referring to.)

We are going to have a short break and will be back with the second half of our program in 15 minutes. Help yourself to the cookies and punch in the back of the room provided by the Raise a Dollar for yo Momma Club, and the booty dancing club president, disfunctional. We will be back!

....and we're back!

5. Allright, let's kick the second half off with a performance from the Fort High Debate Team!

Good evening ladies and gentlemen! Tonight you are in for a very special treat. Even though the students in this class haven't had much time to prepare or rehearse, they will provide you with quality Christmas entertainment, or your money back. Wait....there was no fee at the door....so, I guess we can't really give you anything if it turns out to be crap. Which it could. Cause we were too busy looking for new brownie recipes to really work on this talent night. So without further time wastage, I am pleased to introduce.................the Junior Debate Team!!!!!!!!! *The six member team arrives onstage, wearing Santa hats, in front of the large curtain and the theme to Rocky blares over the loudspeaders for 7.5 seconds before the soundmaster switches the tune to Silver Bells. The team look nervous. One of them is quietly humming We Wish You a Merry Christmas to himself to calm his nerves*

How can the Debate Team provide holiday entertainment you ask?? Well, we asked ourselves the same question the other night, and this is what we came up with: *the curtain rises and six podiums are decked out with blinking Christmas Lights of all colors and tacky bows. Each member of the team takes his or her place behind the podiums*

Tonight we will have three debate topics for our panel to discuss:
    1) The best holiday made for TV special (How the Grinch Stole Christmas, the cartoon version)
    2) The best Christmas carol (Silent Night)
    3) The best holiday treat (Shortbread cookies with After Eight mints baked in the middle)

Three team members will debate the pros and three will debate the cons of each of the holiday favorites. They are well prepared and very exciting debates erupt. Tempers flare for a while, but it's all in good fun. At the end of the night, the favorites for numbers 1 and 2 stand up, but it becomes unanimous that the new favorite holiday treat is Maveno's special brownies. Samples are supplied to all who have stayed this long.

The curtain drops, as well as the debate teams' anxiety as they happily sample the treats while singing Silent Night on their way to the media room to watch How the Grinch Stole Christmas over and over again until curfew. Well, maybe 30 minutes past curfew, being the rebels that they are.......

Announcement: Would the person with a brownish-yellow geo-metro please head to the parking lots, you left your lights on.
    6. And now...please put your hands together for....The Fort High Improv Team!
    Me and my team will get up and do some improv scenes, like a style event, character event, theme event, and story event. In the style our team will do a scene based on a genre given out by the audience. The character event will be a scene that will have to do with a certain character (such as spontaneous or curious.) The theme event is alot of small scenes, touching on diferent aspects of the theme (such as improvement.) The Story event will be a story that is narrated by a certain person, and the other people play out the scene. All scenes are going to be 4 minutes of laughter.

7. Welcome the lovely ladies of the Fort High cheerleading squad, drama club, and dance team!....
    For my performance for the talent show I'm gonna wear a red & white cheerleading outfit with a matching Santa hat. I'll begin by doing a special Christmas cheer I wrote:

Hey you! *point* In the crowd! *clap*
    Shout it nice and loud. *toe touch*
    We're here! Don't fear! *motions*
    Join along in the Christmas cheer! *splits*

Then the music begins (All I Want For Christmas Is You) and I do a solo jazz dance!

(and everyone gives me a standing ovation 'cause I'm so awesome :wink)

8. And finally, give it up one last time fot the Fort Band, performing one last time...but this time, with the Fort High Choir...
    Ladies and gentlemen, I give to you the SHR band and choir in my rendition of "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree".

The curtains open and there I stand lookin' a lot like Jimmy Hendrix. I raise my hands and the band starts to play as they sway side to side. Out comes the SHR choir in green and red tie-dyed choir robes and they begin to sing the following.

Smokin around the 11th grade class
    at the School House party hop
    Reefers hung where you can grasp
    every classmate tries to stop
    Rockin around the Christmas tree,
    let Burtcrow's spirit ring
    Later we'll have a quiz in class
    and we'll do some testing

You will get a stoner
    feeling when you hear
    Classmates singing let's be high,
    vote for me and get bong rips of tie
    Half-baked around the Christmas Tree
    have a happy holiday
    Everyone dancing with a buzz
    in the FORT High School way

Then I turn towards the audience with air guitar in hand and do a solo on the air guitar that only Jimmy Hendrix and myself can hear. I writhe around on stage like a cockroach that has just been sprayed with Raid until my solo comes to an end. Then, I jump up with a flourish and take a deep bow and manage to rip one in the general direction of the choir causing them to wave their arms and setting a tie-dyed Christmas wave through the auditorium so everyone in attendance can enjoy the double burrito I had for lunch.

And that is a wrap!
    *audience gives a standing ovation*

Christmas Talent Show Results

Hey everyone, just wanted to say I enjoyed reading everyone's christmas talent show entries. Very funny reads.

Here is how this is going to work. The 8 students that participated in the talent show must rank the performances. First place for the one you liked the most, and 8th place for the one you liked the least. (You can vote for yourself)

You do not have to vote, but not getting those 8 points for yourself could cause you to get eliminated. I will need all votes by Friday at 4pm central time. Thanks everyone and good luck! :rudolph

*Runs outside to turn the lights off of her brownish-yellow geo-metro*

Great talent show everyone!
    Happy holidays to all my FHS classmates!:rudolph :santawink
    Here comes Avery! April 10, 2006

Talent Show Results

Hello everyone. It is time to announce the talent show results.
    "J stands for judge, the student with the highest score will be eliminated.
    *note-Maveno is away on vacation so filling in for her was funnygirl. Great entry funnygirl! Very "maveno-ish"

What are the scores judges?.....

ClubJ1J2J3 J4J5J6J7J8 J9J10J11J12Total
    Animal Lover's club (cahalanmac)66645475641256

Choir/Band(Maveno)31213212252125

We Help Seniors(AIWANNABE)84862381827663

Cheerleaders(Starsprite)18551767774462

Currently in first place is Maveno, while last place goes to AIWANNABE. It isn't over yet though! The judges are still deliberating so we will be back in a few.

Last of the Results...

Martha Stewart(charfred)55488148336863

Debate Team(Spoose)73736523588360

Improv Team(chris)47377836215760

Band(Charliebug)22124654163541

Looks like AI and I just couldn't quite cut it. Been a stressful week for me and I just couldn't muster up any creativity. I guess I could tell you guys about the stress since you can't tell anyone that might care. I found out I was pregnant on Sunday. As well work is busy and I am moving. Ahhhh!!!!
    At this turning point in our relationship with Earth, we work for an evolution: from dominance to partnership; from fragmentation to connection; from insecurity, to interdependence. The David Suzuki Foundation

Elimination

1. Maveno
    2. CharlieBug
    3. cahalanmac
    4. spoose
    4. chrisdevine
    6. starsprite
    7. AIWANNABE
    7. charfred

PSi, you did not participate in the talent show, so unfortunately you are eliminated.

AIWANNABE, and charfred, you both tied for the last spot in the competition, and due to time constraints, you are both eliminated as well.

AI, you make it far in all of the games you enter, so it is no surprise you made it this far here. Charfred, you didn't do too well in boot camp, but look how far you made it here! I will miss all three of you, but I will see you guys in the apprentice game!

Quote Originally Posted by charfred
    Looks like AI and I just couldn't quite cut it. Been a stressful week for me and I just couldn't muster up any creativity. I guess I could tell you guys about the stress since you can't tell anyone that might care. I found out I was pregnant on Sunday. As well work is busy and I am moving. Ahhhh!!!!
    Charfred, that is some great stress! A new home, a new baby, and a busy week at work....congratulations!
    Last edited by Burntcrow; 12-17-2004 at 04:52 PM.

+ Reply to Thread