+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Titanic - The Game

Insane Squirrel free2b_a_skwerl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonner
    What can you use big band for? Relaxing, dancing, listening to.

What can you use techno for? Relaxing, dancing (in many forms and styles by the way), listening to, to promote consumer products in TV/Radio commercials, to pump up an audience during the pre-game festivities of a sporting event, and I'm sure there are many, many more.

It's an easy choice. Just look at the fact presented in this thread. Techno > Big Band.

Alright, since nobody in my team seems to be responding I guess I will. I hope my team won't think I'm being a control freak!

For one Vonner TECHNO :phhht , Isn't for relaxing.......it ACTUALLY damages the body. TECHNO Is the kind of music people will get drunk to. No one gets drunk at a BIG BAND Concert. AND, BIG BAND also has another perk to it that Vonner didn't mention, but SG did! It takes TALENT to be in BIG BAND! TECHNO is computerized, too! TECHNO is basically just an over rated, remixed style of BIG BAND! After all, BIG BAND came first!

Big Band > techno.................THAT"S MORE LIKE IT!
    Last edited by free2b_a_skwerl; 01-06-2005 at 04:30 PM.
    It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt by a tumbleweed!

Final statements are in. At last check Team Iceberg was up 12-10. Now, who will get the final 10 points? Stay tuned...

bum bum bum............

does team spankey have anything to add?
    Interested in Titanic the game? click the link and watch this completely origional game play out. click here

I thought they only got one chance, and any other posts with a final statement would result in a loss of four points?

yeah............

A conclusion has been reached!

The two final statements were what really came into play. Techno really made their point clear. Techno had many more uses to it, and in thier oppinion sounded much better. Big band mentioned that the music is all computerized and big band takes talent. I was a bit surprised by the choice of techno music considering there werent computers in the day of the titanic. I liked how big band had sticked to the theme. However, iceburg defended techno alot more than big band, thus reaching the score of 12 over big bands 10. So if you look at the quantity of the statements, Iceberg would win. However we looked at quality... and the team that we decided earned the ten points were.....

Big band. The point that won it was when free2b said that Techno is a remixed version of big band.

Iceburg, unfortunately you will have to vote one of your own out.

Venner will now send me a list of 3 nominees to be voted out.
    Interested in Titanic the game? click the link and watch this completely origional game play out. click here

Yay!!!!!

Now that the challenge is over and I can discuss it without penalty of points I'll give my thoughts.

This is a crock. We lose because "the panel" thinks that techno is a remixed version of Big Band? Come. On. Techno is NOTHING like big band and free2b_a_skwerl even pointed that out in the final statement.

Quote Originally Posted by free2b_a_skwerl
    TECHNO is computerized
    How can techno be a remixed version of Big Band when there are no instruments played in techno and Big Band is all about instruments? Makes no sense to me. These were two completely different styles. I can't believe the above statement won it for them.

Plus, the rest of the argument I thought was weak too.

TECHNO, Isn't for relaxing
    It is for some people. I had a fellow co-worker that listened to techno for that very reason.

it ACTUALLY damages the body.
    All music damages the body if listened to at high volume levels for a sustained period of time. Even Big Band.

TECHNO Is the kind of music people will get drunk to.
    Not that I condone it, but what does that have to do with anything?

No one gets drunk at a BIG BAND Concert.
    Now this I KNOW is FALSE. I've been to some Big Band concerts and I've seen many, many drunk people in attendance.

With all that said, I have sent in my three choice's for the up coming vote. I hope none of the folks take it personally. I had reasons for each choice and I'll gladly discuss them here is you wish to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Vonner
    Now this I KNOW is FALSE. I've been to some Big Band concerts and I've seen many, many drunk people in attendance.

With all that said, I have sent in my three choice's for the up coming vote. I hope none of the folks take it personally. I had reasons for each choice and I'll gladly discuss them here is you wish to know.
    Actually, I went to a Big Band show once. It was full of rich-esk people. I don't think the Attendance is allowed to drink during the show. Anything at all. Not to say I'm taking sides, I think it's Ridiculous for drunks to be at big band shows.

Secondly, I helped with this challenge, so I know I have a reason to stay.
    I LOVE KATAMARI!
    YOU LOVE KATAMARI!
    WE LOVE KATAMARI!

<- The Shark Is This
    ^
    | THERE HE IS!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread