similar to verseppeli (or however you spell it) I should have posted this one earlier, its just that I wanted to finish my other game first...
Here is a new game called mafia,
I am looking for 21 players but any odd number of players will be fine.
The Mafia has infiltrated the general population. Ordinary innocent citizens are known as John Doe, and they know nothing except that the Mafia is a bad thing, and that all Mafiosi should be killed. This must happen democratically, so every day there is held a public vote for a player that shall be executed and put out of play (sending in two names of possible mafiosi.
EX 1.= primary vote
2.= second vote
only top vote will be counted unless only one member of the mafia is left, at which point they are immune.
One player is the "doctor/inspector" this person can be killed aswell as all other players. This person aids the public in the quest against the Mafia, and this person works undercover, slowly identifying new Mafiosi, thus being able to influence the public opinion in the right direction. without him/her the game could end in favour of the mafia. On the other hand, the Mafiosi cooperate in order to confuse and misdirect the outcome of the public votings in order to have innocent John Does killed instead of themselves. In addition, the Mafia kills a player every day (once per week).
1 Doctor/inspector, 5 Mafiosi + 16 Citizens = 21 players
if a point comes where only mafiosi are left they are the winners, however if only one member of the mafia is left they will be immune through votes (though nobody will know when only one member is left)
1. The Referee is almighty, and everyone shall obey decisions by the Referee. No appeals. If something is omitted or is unclear on the basis of these rules, the Referee decides what to do.
2. Dead people don't talk, they just observe and listen. When you are killed you cannot discuss the game with anyone
3. Those executed in the daytime shall reveal their identities. The Referee is the one to reveal the identities of these people, as dead people don't talk.
4. Those killed by night shall not reveal their identities, this to make it possible for the Mafia to kill one of their own as a diversion, and also to make it more difficult for the Mafia to know whether they have killed the Inspector or not.
5. The Inspector learns the identities of the Mafiosi from the Referee, and this keeps going until the Inspector knows all the identities of the Mafia, or until the Inspector is killed.
The mafia also will cast votes on who to kill at night. Any tie must be resolved by the mafia itself.
After discussing for a while, the Referee calls for nominations. Every player may nominate as many other players as wanted, including himself/herself.
In case there are too many nominees (more than 6), or if the players have difficulties making up their mind, pm system can be utilized: everyone will pm me with votes and The 2 or 3 that are "most popular" are then nominated.
All nominees should be granted a short speech before the vote (they will be given 6 hours to have a say try to keep it no more than 200 words. This speech may be used for defense, attacking the other nominees or simply complaining about the situation.
All votes are public, In case there are several candidates, a vote might be executed in several rounds, eliminating those nominees with the fewest votes each round, until only 2 or 3 are left for the final round.
The Referee may disqualify a vote and call for a revote in case someone is not paying attention, or some other disturbance occurs.
If there is a total stale mate, and nothing seems to work, the Referee may call for a draw, in which the last person out will choose the person to go. If such a thing were to happen on round 1 then the inspector will send someone packing (even if the inspector is one of the nominees. THE INSPECTOR DOESN'T VOTE.
in the end there will be a 2 winners, one from the mafia, the most decieving and tricky player, and also a flat out winner, who was never killed (or continuously saved by the inspector)
THE InSPECTOR CANNOT SAVE THE SAME PERSON TWICE IN A ROW!!
IF U WANT TO BE IN THE MAFIA OR THE INSPECTOR PM ME AFTER SIGNING UP!!
Good luck, and hopefully you will live through the experience.