+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556 LastLast

Thread: Ruling Egypt

It was a great game HB!

I didn't even know we could cheat with those timed PM challenges

Good thing I'm not using that in my game :rolleyes
    Wrigleys Doublemint Gum....double your pleasure, double your fun!

Well, only in a couple of them, and that was fixed.

So, my turn for questions:

(1) Final Two, whom did you expect to be on the Pharaonic Council, or as you know it, the "mysterious panel"?

(2) Final Two, what surprised you most about the "Secrets of the Pharaohs"?

(3) Dead Pharaohs, how tempted were you to vote during your reign as Pharaoh instead of on the Pharaonic Council? Knowing what you know now, would you have made the same decision?

(4) To everyone, What was/were the worst aspect(s) of the game? Certain challenges, times available, voting strictness, other?

(5) To everyone, who would be interested in a Ruling Egypt 2, if I were to create a such a sequel?

FORT Fogey
    ok I'll start.

3) Very tempted... so I did

4) It was a very well thought out game... but at times it lacked variety (for lack of a better term) I enjoyed the voting strictness, as I despise games that take looooooooong breaks... heck I would have played through Christmas, but I understand that break

5) I think first of all there would have to be changes made to the game in RE2, so that there's still a mystery about it all (secrets of pharaoh must be changed). However, I doubt I'll be playing it. I need to stop my game-playing so I can get other things done. But good luck with the second game!

6) As an aside, I appreciated healblade not giving the way that I voted torp off when I was pharaoh, so that I could get on AI's nerves It was great fun

(1) Final Two, whom did you expect to be on the Pharaonic Council, or as you know it, the "mysterious panel"? I thought it would either be random people from out of this game or a couple of select people from the game (like the person voted off 1, 3,4 , 7, 9).

(2) Final Two, what surprised you most about the "Secrets of the Pharaohs"? Just basically how well thought out the options of the new Pharaohs were. Also who were on the Pharaonic Council.

(4) To everyone, What was/were the worst aspect(s) of the game? Certain challenges, times available, voting strictness, other? I'm trying to think, but I really can't think of one. I thought a lot of the challenges were original and the Pharoh secrets were also very good. Possibly speed the game up a little more but 3 months isn't that bad.

(5) To everyone, who would be interested in a Ruling Egypt 2, if I were to create a such a sequel? I agree with Dflem regarding the fact that there would still be a mystery in it. It wold also be neat to play it without changing the rules to see how the game gets played differently.

Regarding if I would play again........I don't really know, I always say that but I get sucked in. I am planning on starting my own game soon, so that may take some time away from other games.

Final Two, whom did you expect to be on the Pharaonic Council, or as you know it, the "mysterious panel"?
    I expected all the Pharaohs to be on the mysterious panel. I'm that good.

Final Two, what surprised you most about the "Secrets of the Pharaohs"?
    All the options available and the fact that only one Pharaoh decided to forfeit his final vote.

To everyone, What was/were the worst aspect(s) of the game? Certain challenges, times available, voting strictness, other?
    The voting was perfect, the times didn't bother me much and the challenges were interesting. I'd say that the lack of twists in the game surprised me.

To everyone, who would be interested in a Ruling Egypt 2, if I were to create a such a sequel?
    I would watch for sure but probably won't be playing. As Dflem put it, I need to concentrate on other things and I'll have to stop playing games on here. It sure was a fun and very well thought-out game and a sequel would be a success.

(3) Dead Pharaohs, how tempted were you to vote during your reign as Pharaoh instead of on the Pharaonic Council? Knowing what you know now, would you have made the same decision?
    When I was pharaoh I didn't care which one of the two cursed players got voted pharaoh because I had no alliance with either one of them and because my alliance partner (Bored) didn't tell me he felt threaten by them.

(4) To everyone, What was/were the worst aspect(s) of the game? Certain challenges, times available, voting strictness, other?
    The only thing I didn't like were live challenges because it is very hard to get everybody to come at the same time. A way around this could be to set up a time (like once a week) right from the start even before people sign up.

(5) To everyone, who would be interested in a Ruling Egypt 2, if I were to create a such a sequel?
    I would be interested in a sequel as long as it is different enough. I don't want to commit though as I don't know how much time I would have to play at that time...
    Like others have said it would also be interesting to see other people playing it with almost the same rules, seeing what they would do different...
    Wrigleys Doublemint Gum....double your pleasure, double your fun!

-I won my cleanising challenge as Pharoah and so I was able to vote for the next Pharoah and keep my vote in the Finals. I almost didn't vote anyway, because I didn't have any real preference as to went next. I ended up voting just because, though.

-I really thought it was a good game. I'm sad I didn't get to participate because Bored and AI somehow got the group to vote for me as the first Pharoah. I kept up w/ the game though, but I can't say firsthand if any challenges or anything else should be changed.

-If you get a sequel going, I'm definitely there. I really want to be able to play this game.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    I'M SO SORRY ABOUT THAT, COLBY! I really didn't know that you were going to go if we voted for you... I thought it was a good thing. I just didn't want any responsibility the first round

Anyways, I'll kinda see if I can remember the questions (since I'm too lazy to scroll)... I didn't vote, mainly because I WAS THIRD PLACE (grrrrr!), I thoroughly enjoyed the game, and while I would watch the next RE I don't know if I'd play it... especially since I'm jumping on the Silvah-DF bandwagon and finishing up my playing games-ness.

I'M SO SORRY ABOUT THAT, COLBY! I really didn't know that you were going to go if we voted for you... I thought it was a good thing. I just didn't want any responsibility the first round
    Ya me too, we really had no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Boredom
    finishing up my playing games-ness.
    You still going to be hosting?

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    Ya me too, we really had no idea.

You still going to be hosting?
    Nope, after Apprentice I'm done. I figure that, after about a year and a half (it'll probably be closer to two years by the time that Apprentice is done ) it's probably a good time to stop the madness

+ Reply to Thread