+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4041424344454647484950515253545556 LastLast

Thread: Ruling Egypt

Thanks, Dflem. I have a few things to say now.

The thing is however, she plays the same exact game every single game. She always aligns with the same exact people and always plays this UTR type character. I guess if it isn't broken why fix it, but I perfer to take a different approach to each game depending on the game and the people in it.
    I'm sorry, but how to you take a different approach in each game? I think you have 2 different strategies. The first one is to recruit people early in the game and they'll follow your lead. That's what you usually do.The other strategy you have is like in this one, where you sit back and enjoy the show. Doesn't that sound a bit UTR to you? Sure does to me. Usually, I do stick with only a few people, to avoid conflit. In this game, my alliance partners and I were always thinking one step ahead and making sure we knew where the vote was going. Call my strategy UTR if you will, but I can call yours that as well.

Torpedo became cleansed after Silvah and Dflem didn't even attempt the challenge. This shows Silver's lack of interest and commitment towards the game.
    Ha! Lack of interest and commitment? I am not trying to find any excuses for missing that challenge, but it happened to be at the time of my final exams and Dflem can concur. Let's say you spend a lot of time studying and when you take a break from it to, let's say, log on the FORT, your brain is screwed up a little bit.
    Seriously, if you want to put me down about some aspect of my strategy you didn't like, don't use that one. We all played hard to win.

So I think that explains my strategy which I thought adapted to the game, was risky, and showed that I was commited all which Silver didn't do.
    In my defense, I did adapt to the game. The best way to play is to think one step ahead all the time. As I see it, you sat there following the game but did not think of a plan until you thought you were in danger. That's not being risky.

Great answers, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar
    I'm sorry, but how to you take a different approach in each game? I think you have 2 different strategies. The first one is to recruit people early in the game and they'll follow your lead. That's what you usually do.The other strategy you have is like in this one, where you sit back and enjoy the show. Doesn't that sound a bit UTR to you? Sure does to me. Usually, I do stick with only a few people, to avoid conflit. In this game, my alliance partners and I were always thinking one step ahead and making sure we knew where the vote was going. Call my strategy UTR if you will, but I can call yours that as well.
    All I am saying is that you go back to the same people each game (Bored, Dflem) while I on the other hand I go to different people in every game.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar
    The best way to play is to think one step ahead all the time.
    Don't you have to do that in every game? How is that adapting?

Regarding Silver's commitment:

She was up four times, and not one time did she win the cleansing ritual. Not once! I however won two cleansing rituals.

Great answers Silver. You took the safe route so I couldn't find anything to debate in them.

[if that sounded sarcastic, it wasn't meant to]

Quote Originally Posted by Dfleming
    Interesting answers.... although I should add that I'm pretty sure silver never voted against AI. Bored did once, when coksy and AI were up together, but made sure that AI wasn't actually going first.
    That week the vote was tied 2-2 with yourself, Bored, Silver, and Torpedo voting. Torpedo voted to keep me and so did you. So the others votes had to be Silver and Bored.

And thanks Healblade for a great and well thought out game. Those who have and have attempted to host a game know how hard it is and I think you did a great job. Hopfully you will be hosting another game may it be Ruling Egypt or not.
    Last edited by AIWANNABE; 01-05-2005 at 12:49 PM.

FORT Fogey
    As I said previously... silver not winning any challenges is meaningless. She strategized along with me and bored about who would be most at risk out of the three of us. If I was more at risk than her in the game, then she (and bored) all helped me to win the cleansing ritual... if bored was more at risk, then she and I would help bored win the cleansing ritual. It was brilliant strategy that she used, and has NOTHING to do with her commitment to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    And thanks Healblade for a great and well thought out game.
    Awww, shucks...

Coming from this end, yes, it's pretty tough to plan for everything. It's even harder to balance unpredictability and interest in the game.

I'm throwing around ideas for a Ruling Egypt 2... but I'll save any discussion on that until this final vote is over and everyone's questions are answered.

So, after the final vote:

(1) Announce winner, congratulate, etc.

(2) Introduce the "mysterious panel"

(3) Reveal the "Secrets of the Pharaohs"

(4) Reveal the voting history

(5) Discuss the game as a whole, and what could be improved for a Ruling Egypt 2.

Anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by dfleming2
    As I said previously... silver not winning any challenges is meaningless. She strategized along with me and bored about who would be most at risk out of the three of us. If I was more at risk than her in the game, then she (and bored) all helped me to win the cleansing ritual... if bored was more at risk, then she and I would help bored win the cleansing ritual. It was brilliant strategy that she used, and has NOTHING to do with her commitment to the game.
    The fact is Silverstar was put of four times. Each time she didn't win nor did anybody from your alliance win.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfleming
    It was brilliant strategy that she used
    So "brilliant" it never worked when she was up.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    And... I would like to add that this is the first game that DF and Silvah have never voted each other out. This is very new. Usually they are definite enemies.

Y'know, just to shatter that illusion.

Also, if I may add to DF's statement... the reason that Silvah didn't need it to work when she was up was because she didn't need to win. That's especially obvious, as she managed to get to the final 5 before being up with an 'alliance partner'.
    Last edited by Boredom; 01-05-2005 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boredom
    And... I would like to add that this is the first game that DF and Silvah have never voted each other out. This is very new. Usually they are definite enemies.
    Funny how the final three in the last game her and Dflem were in were Silver, Dflem, and Clipse.

Hmm.....seems like a similar alliance to me.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    I know something you don't know Remember, Silvah and Clipse voted DF out, too. Twice

FORT Fogey

If you honestly think that I was in an alliance with clipse and silver in BB you missed a LOT

I had lalol against them, and I thought I had jayla against them, as well as Kai... however, things just didn't work out the way I had anticipated, and so by a fluke, I managed to get into the final three with them. In fact I put them up on the block together, in hopes that jayla would go with them... unfortunately it backfired, and it led to lals getting the boot, followed by jayla and then me.

Basically a lot of people made stupid decisions that resulted in them getting the boot, and me being left by myself to try and convince clipse and silver that I was in an alliance with them all along...

And actually, I have never once been in an alliance before with bored. DV's BB1, I had the game wrapped up once I gave him the boot. BB2, he was responsible for getting me off. I did have a shortlived alliance with bored in Endurance... but then we both stopped caring about the game and never showed up

As for silver... It's been over a year (other than this game) since I've been in an alliance where she didn't end up backstabbing me... I was in an alliance with her ONCE in BB1 (she wouldn't align with me again after I beat her in the final 2 )

And as for you AI... calling silver UTR is ridiculous when silver, bored and I could have easily gotten rid of you instead of coksy in that round. (And I think maybe that was the wrong decision... I pushed harder for you than I should have obviously) Just thought I'd call a spade a spade.

+ Reply to Thread