+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ... 394041424344454647484950515253545556 LastLast

Thread: Ruling Egypt

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Well... I'm sorry Brit-nay, I know that you may be a slave 4 me, and perhaps you aren't that innocent, but I vote for...

Hilary. Please, Hilary, Fly. Quickly. Away from me. Please.

FORT Fogey
    I'ma go with erin on this one... co-pharaohs sounds good to me.

Hilary Duff - 3
    Britney Federline - 2

Looks like this could be our closest vote yet!

If I can vote, I will go with Ms. Federline

Well... it looks like we have a tie.

Hilary Duff and Britney Federline will just have to be Honorary Co-Pharaohs. We'll sacrifice them later. In the meantime, the questions from the "mysterious panel" are in.

Silverstar and AIWANNABE: Remember, you must answer three and only three of the questions via PM to me. Think carefully about your answers, and send me the three you would like me to post. I will post your answers simultaneously after I have received all of them so that you cannot adjust your answers based on your opponent's answers.

Once I have posted your answers, feel free to comment, argue, dispute, whatever... but not until then. Posting answers in the thread will result in penalty votes, and I have a full bag of them, and I am ready to use them. Here are the questions:

(1) Why do you feel that your opponent deserves to be in the [Final Two] less than you do?

(2) Did you have any alliances with anyone, and did you backstab anybody?

(3) After Healblade penalized four players for not voting in [Round Three], was it intentional strategy that led to all four of them being the next four Pharaohs? If so, why didn't you consider a strategy in which you alligned with them, knowing that if the two of you were cursed, you would have a greater chance of being cleansed?

(4) At what point in the game did you feel that you were in the most danger of losing, that is, to be cursed and to voted Pharaoh? What did you do about it?

(5) If you could pick one other player to be up against in the Final Two, who would it be? Why?

Choose wisely, Final Two, the "mysterious panel" is watching every word.

FORT Fogey
    Oh how I would love to answer these questions

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    After Healblade penalized four players for not voting in [Round Three], was it intentional strategy that led to all four of them being the next four Pharaohs? If so, why didn't you consider a strategy in which you alligned with them, knowing that if the two of you were cursed, you would have a greater chance of being cleansed?

Woah... I didn't even realize that one Whoever turned that question is observant...

Quote Originally Posted by Boredom
    Woah... I didn't even realize that one Whoever turned that question is observant...
    I didn't realized it either. Major props to whoever turned it in.

The Final Two sent their answers more quickly than I expected... so here they are!

-----------------------------------------------------

(1) Why do you feel that your opponent deserves to be in the [Final Two] less than you do?

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    I have no doubt in my mind that Silverstar plays a great game. The thing is however, she plays the same exact game every single game. She always aligns with the same exact people and always plays this UTR type character. I guess if it isn't broken why fix it, but I perfer to take a different approach to each game depending on the game and the people in it.

Because this game was different from any other I had played before I had to adjust my stradegy to one that would fit this game. I started off the game by thinking, I will not get into an alliance with anybody until I am either cursed or somebody approached me. That way if by chance someone I had an alliance with became Pharoh, they wouldn't put me up out of spite or something like that.

The game went on and Dfleming eventually PMed me telling me that himself, Silverstar, and Bored had an alliance and they would have my back if I went up. I did infact go up twice throughout the game, and it was those votes that saved me (even though Silver & Bored voted againest me at one time). During this time I also made promises to Coksy(who I later found out had an alliance with Bored) and Torpedo to never put them up or vote for them if I became Pharoh or was if they were on the block.

Once it got down to myself, Torpedo, Dflem, Silver, and Bored I realized Dflem, Silver, and Bored who had an alliance before I joined them, would stick together. I therefore decided to PM Coksy asking her to put up Silver, Dflem, and Bored. She was away and had already sent in the cursed players, two of which I requested.

I then decided to make an alliance with Torpedo because I realized I was doomed if I didn't. Torpedo became cleansed after Silvah and Dflem didn't even attempt the challenge. This shows Silver's lack of interest and commitment towards the game. I decided to vote off Dflem because he was the bigger threat.

The next week Bored mentioned that I asked Coksy to put up Bored, Dflem, and Silver. This is when I knew I was doomed (I will talk about that later). I was put up in the next challenge and fought my way to safety and became cleansed. I voted to keep Torpedo but he was named Pharoh.

Torpedo had to put up myself, Silvah, and Bored and I knew if I didn't win the final cleansing ritual I would have been screwed. I therefore tried hard and won it with a commanding lead. I pondered hard on who to take to the final 2 and ended up deciding to take Silver.

So I think that explains my strategy which I thought adapted to the game, was risky, and showed that I was commited all which Silver didn't do.

In addition every single time Silver was up she didn't win one single cleansing ritual while myself on the other hand won two.
    (2) Did you have any alliances with anyone, and did you backstab anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar
    I did have alliances; I think itís an essential part of my strategy in this game. Before the game started, Dfleming, Boredom and myself all had an agreement that we would look out for each other. When one of us was cursed, the other two would work hard to make sure the one in danger would win the cleansing ritual or that he was safe from being voted out. I also made an alliance with PSi. We actually didnít communicate that much and I did not vote against him.
    (3) After Healblade penalized four players for not voting in [Round Three], was it intentional strategy that led to all four of them being the next four Pharaohs? If so, why didn't you consider a strategy in which you alligned with them, knowing that if the two of you were cursed, you would have a greater chance of being cleansed?

Until seeing this question I didn't even realize this so it obviously wasn't part of a stradegy. If I did have an alliance with one of them and was put up others might have saw them as someone they could beat if put up againest themselves and could have voted myself off. That is one reason I didn't enter into an alliance with one of them. And second I had already had an alliance so I didn't want to go back on that at that time.
    (4) At what point in the game did you feel that you were in the most danger of losing, that is, to be cursed and to voted Pharaoh? What did you do about it?

This is of course when Bored called me out. All my cards were shown and my only choice was to play as hard as possible. I was put up twice after that and won both cleansing rituals to ensure my safety. This is at a time when everybody thought I would be gone. if I didn't win those cleansing rituals I probably wouldn't be here now.
    Well, the worst time was back when Fan basically told me that he would curse me. That was the first round that I felt I was in danger because he also told Bored and Dfleming the same thing. Then, it turned out that I escaped the cursing. That was one of the turning points of the game, because we wouldíve lost one of our alliance partners. I just made sure that the votes were not going in their direction.
    (5) If you could pick one other player to be up against in the Final Two, who would it be? Why?

Iím afraid I must answer this question with 2 names; Dfleming and Bored, simply because they helped me equally in this game. They played an excellent game, with a lot of great strategy.
    -----------------------------------------------------

VOTING IS NOW OPEN. "MYSTERIOUS PANEL", PLEASE VOTE FOR EITHER SILVERSTAR OR AIWANNABE TO BE THE ETERNAL PHARAOH OF EGYPT, THE WINNER OF OUR GAME!

To those members of the "mysterious panel" that misunderstood the directions about questions for the Final Two: my sincere apologies, but any additional questions you may have must now wait until the final vote is complete.

Congratulations to both Silverstar and AIWANNABE, you both played well enough to get to the Final Two, and that in itself is impressive.

FORT Fogey
    Interesting answers.... although I should add that I'm pretty sure silver never voted against AI. Bored did once, when coksy and AI were up together, but made sure that AI wasn't actually going first.

I'm not sure that missing one challenge shows silvers lack of commitment... it could show her lack of time that week... that was why I didn't complete it. As for silver not winning challenges.... most times silver, bored and I (we used to pass news on to AI as well, but I'd never hear anything back from him) would talk about who was in the most danger, since usually, two of us were up together. We would all work together if possible to get the person in the most danger off the block. So I would say that silver worked very hard at this game. So... my vote goes to silver.

+ Reply to Thread