+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647484950515253545556 LastLast

Thread: Ruling Egypt

Ummm... yeah, about that whole "interpreting the questions"... it's moot. Don't worry about it. Here are the results from the cleansing ritual challenge:

Pharaoh Torpedo didn't participate... I can't say I blame him, he has pretty much nothing to lose. Besides, Dead Pharaoh Haejin won a cleansing ritual challenge when she was Pharaoh and didn't participate.

All three of the cursed commoners sent in their PMs.

In second place, with a score of NEGATIVE 54...

Boredom!

... and Silverstar!

Would somebody explain to me how they got the same score???

In first place, with a score of POSITIVE 27, the now-cleansed AIWANNABE!

Explanations of scores, long and boring, you can skip reading this part if you want

The Correct Answers :

X1 = 5

The ones Animand sent the Secrets of the Pharaohs to are: Erin, Fan, SG, Kai, and Lotuslander

X2 = Varied by person: Silverstar 8, AIWANNABE 7, Bored 5, Torpedo 3

Don't forget that all of them but Torpedo voted for Colby to be the first Pharaoh.

X3 = 10

One by AIW to Colby on Page 5, 7 in the "Pyramid Shell Game" challenge, and 2 after that challenge... the one in my avatar wasn't ever posted.

X4 = 6

9 tablets to each of 4 people is 36 tablets, sqrt(36) = 6.

X5 = 71

Don't forget that there were 9 votes in what I consider Round Zero, in which Colby was voted the first Pharaoh... quite a difficult one...

Now, the individual answers:

Silverstar PMed me at 7:53, 7:55, 7:56, 8:00, 8:06, and 8:09

That makes her answers 2, 1, 4, 6, and 3

And so her score is:
    30 3 7 6 0 68 = negative 54

AIWANNABE PMed me at 8:18, 8:21, 8:27, 8:37, 8:43, and 9:54

That makes his answers 3, 6, 10, 6, and 71

And so his score is:
    30 2 1 0 0 0 = positive 27

Boredom PMed me at 9:46, 9:53, 9:58, 9:59, 10:02, and 10:03

That makes his answers 7, 5, 1, 3, and 1

And so his score is:
    30 2 0 9 3 70 = negative 54

End of the boring explanation; you can start reading again.

Bored and Silverstar are cursed. AIWANNABE may vote now, and Pharaoh Torpedo has the option to vote.

After this vote, our Final Two commoners will have been decided. The "mysterious panel" will then have FIVE questions for the Final Two. No, they won't be asking the questions. I will do the asking, so as to protect their identities.

Each of the Final Two will then PM me their answers to THREE of the FIVE questions. I will then post the answers in the thread and open voting for the Eternal Pharaoh of Egypt.

The "time constrained" part of this game is over. Be wise in your decisions, your words, and your attitudes. All will become known once the Eternal Pharaoh of Egypt assumes power.

Edited to add: Members of the "mysterious panel"... (you should know who you are)... please send me nominations for questions you'd like to be asked to the Final Two.
    Last edited by Healblade; 12-21-2004 at 01:06 AM.

*high-fives Bored* Congrats AI.
    Seems like one of us didn't mess up that much after all...
    Last edited by Silverstar; 12-21-2004 at 09:41 AM.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Woohoo, Silvah! Let's go us! Maybe we could start a negative 54 club

Congrats AIW, for thoroughly owning us in this challenge Whoever you pick will be the right decision.

Wow! I saw Bored, Torpedo, and Silvah done so quickly, I thought I interpreted the last question wrong. I thought because of you guys, it was a low number, and I would be so far off with such a high one.

Anyway, I will make my discision later today as I have no idea as of now. If you two want to PM me reasons you may, if you don't that's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    Wow! I saw Bored, Torpedo, and Silvah done so quickly, I thought I interpreted the last question wrong. I thought because of you guys, it was a low number, and I would be so far off with such a high one.

Anyway, I will make my discision later today as I have no idea as of now. If you two want to PM me reasons you may, if you don't that's fine.
    I didn't even do it, so you had less competition. Congrats AI.

Silvah hasn't been on since I asked for reasons why I should take them (her & bored), so I think it would only be fair if I waited for her to give me her reasons if she chooses to.

Fine by me, AIWANNABE, we are in no rush at this point.

Don't forget to either vote or send me notice of abstain from voting, Pharaoh Torpedo! No rush, just a reminder, as the Pharaohs tend to forget the extent of their power, haha.

Uhh... just because I said there wasn't a rush doesn't mean everyone stop and forget that we're almost done with our game!

I've received AI's vote. I've received no notice from Pharaoh Torpedo either way. If I have not received a vote by Monday at 6pm, I will consider his silence a refrain from voting. At that time, I will announce the new Pharaoh (barring having to deal with a tiebreaker, of course)

I will also post the five questions from the "Mysterious Panel" sometime on Tuesday. Check that, I'll post five only if I get five... I guess they've already made up their minds or something.

Mysterious Panel, you know who you are, you should know that you have the chance to question the Final Two before voting for the winner, and you would be wise to send me any questions you would like asked.

Best of luck to AIWANNABE, Bored, and Silverstar, our Final Three!

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Ahhh... a few more days of agonizing pain

Quote Originally Posted by Boredom
    Ahhh... a few more days of agonizing pain
    Perhaps not, Pharaoh Boredom.

Dead Pharaoh Torpedo chose not to vote, and AIW cast the sole vote to make you Pharaoh, saying:

"It was obviously a hard choice because both of you are some of the strongest players on the FORT. If you would like a reason for my voting, please PM me."

So, Pharaoh Boredom, you will be our last Pharaoh before the Eternal Pharaoh of Egypt is chosen. To the end, you will receive the "Secrets of the Pharaohs", but you will unfortunately be a lame duck as Pharaoh. The good news, however, is that you will cast the tie-breeaker vote in the case that the votes from the "mysterious panel" end in a tie.

(This is a hint for whom to start sucking up to, Final Two)

OUR FINAL TWO ARE AIWANNABE AND SILVERSTAR. CONGRATULATIONS TO THEM BOTH!

"Mysterious Panel" and Pharaoh Boredom, those choosing the winner: Questions for AI and Silverstar are still due Tuesday at noon. If I don't get any more questions, then I'll just ask the two I have received! (Subtext: This is your chance to ask them what really happened, behind the scenes and all... if you care)

Good luck, and choose wisely with your questions and answers!

+ Reply to Thread